• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight vs Tetra P80

im not a robot

This works better than the on demand VapCap, preserving flavor hit to hit a bit more, thanks to the pure convection.

Really you just will need to load enough to cover the screen, but you might finish that load very fast. Filling a basket usually means more hits more clouds thicker vapor stronger taste etc and it does not really hurt you efficiency at all (however very large bowls could and may need to be stirred for full extraction)

oh i was hoping as much, but this is great to hear. i have been in awe of the vapcaps efficiency (it makes me wonder whether i have been using my mighty “wrong”), but the flavor is a different story.
and this is a very helpful description of the differences between basket screen & shallow load.
i have been reading up on both threads and am going back & forth. both obviously have merit. both seem such totally different aesthetic events. really hard to decide (for me).
for now i forced myself to first read every single entry in both threads before coming to an informed decision. but then there is no stopping me.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
oh i was hoping as much, but this is great to hear. i have been in awe of the vapcaps efficiency (it makes me wonder whether i have been using my mighty “wrong”), but the flavor is a different story.
and this is a very helpful description of the differences between basket screen & shallow load.
i have been reading up on both threads and am going back & forth. both obviously have merit. both seem such totally different aesthetic events. really hard to decide (for me).
for now i forced myself to first read every single entry in both threads before coming to an informed decision. but then there is no stopping me.

Yeah Mighty has a large wide bowl and is session style, constantly cooking with hybrid convection and conduction, so way less efficient (though plenty effective) than on demand vaping, and even less so than pure convection...

To be clear, the shallow load would still be going into the basket screen, you just can load the basket as full as you like I mean. Max they hold is about .15g or so, already a small load, and it can do as little as .05g probably, a third of the basket but maybe can do even less and may be able to load in a little more... This is for the Tubo Tetra rimmed baskets at least, finer mesh.

The TM basket is a bit smaller without a rim, but you have the fully adjustable size with the cooling unit screen (and other stem options too). Though the setup is a little different you can expect similar amounts between them, since they are still using glass stems and similar heating technology (though different heaters)

Ofcourse TM sleeker more portable simpler analog and no internal glass, but more expensive, less treed and true perhaps. Tetra has more capability with digital interface, though still simple enough to use, a little cheaper with more customization options and accessories too. Both have a stealth mode too btw, aka no screen or led, just manual triggering...

im not a robot

To be clear, the shallow load would still be going into the basket screen
good clarification :) i have never actually seen a basket screen in reallife i think, and their applications are a bit foggy to me. i think i have been assuming using one was mandatory for small loads with the tetra, more optional with tinymight. but just shows my cluelessness re stemvapes. what matters to me in the end is that consensus seems to be that they can handle similar kinds of amounts, so thats good, the rest i'll pick up eventually.
Both have a stealth mode too btw
& it is good that they do. i know too many lights or sounds would go on my nerves fast. oh, this includes this green light on the p80's side i think i saw yes?
Untitled-1.jpg

but between the two i think it will come down to an impulsive decision one way or the other for me, i want them both of course. after i read all the posts that is. i still have a ways to go.

im not a robot,

Shit Snacks

good clarification :) i have never actually seen a basket screen in reallife i think, and their applications are a bit foggy to me. i think i have been assuming using one was mandatory for small loads with the tetra, more optional with tinymight. but just shows my cluelessness re stemvapes. what matters to me in the end is that consensus seems to be that they can handle similar kinds of amounts, so thats good, the rest i'll pick up eventually.

& it is good that they do. i know too many lights or sounds would go on my nerves fast. oh, this includes this green light on the p80's side i think i saw yes?
Untitled-1.jpg

but between the two i think it will come down to an impulsive decision one way or the other for me, i want them both of course. after i read all the posts that is. i still have a ways to go.

yeah a pro of the Tetra is since it has all the software, pretty much everything is customizable, you can turn off the LED and leave the screen on if you want (personally I love the LED). I pretty much always use baskets, works the best for me, but TM can use cooling unit without basket too. Should be pics around

Brewervapesalot

It's not a very accurate description of the tiny might. He's unfamiliar with it.

I also thought it was a slow moving video with not enough usage of the two vapes (lay off the concentrate! Lol).

Brewervapesalot,
Reactions: namasteIII

GoldenBud

Bottom line of VCBud's live:
Because TP80 has glass tubes it helps to retain the heat, the heater has more mass comparing to the TM. that's why TP80 will get thicker, bigger clouds than all the other vapes which use SS heater without any glass
so TP80>TM>Timber>StemPod and so on ... (Not sure about the Z becase it has some mass of glass and ceramic I think)

So the real portable competitor of the TP80 is probably the ELEV8R

GoldenBud,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Those two vapes seem completely different to me.

To get regulated temperature control out of an Elev8r you'd have to attach a barrel coil and plug it into a wall outlet - at that point it's not really portable - which is subjective to begin with for any torch powered vaporizer, particularly when discretion is concerned.

GoldenBud

Those two vapes seem completely different to me.

To get regulated temperature control out of an Elev8r you'd have to attach a barrel coil and plug it into a wall outlet - at that point it's not really portable - which is subjective to begin with for any torch powered vaporizer, particularly when discretion is concerned.
I meant like... big heater mass ... not SS only.. which has less mass and it can't retain the heat

GoldenBud,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I meant like... big heater mass ... not SS only.. which has less mass and it can't retain the heat

But isn't that kind of the point in an on demand convection portable, to heat up and cool down quickly? More mass means longer heat up time to reach that saturation point, especially with glass since it is quite a bit less conductive than SS.

GoldenBud

But isn't that kind of the point in an on demand convection portable, to heat up and cool down quickly? More mass means longer heat up time to reach that saturation point, especially with glass since it is quite a bit less conductive than SS.

All these devices StemPod Timber TP80 Lil bud Musa510 they are all on demand full convection
but only one of them has like 50g of glass inside of it
that was his point, which i find as a great one.

ofc it has a disadvantage, easier to break ......

PS
Not conductive, I get your point! but remember that the bowl is far away from the heater?

GoldenBud,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
So previously i had decided on a tiny might. Has vape critics video changed my mind?

No. I dont think so. But it did make me think again.

I have often disagreed with the vapecritic on many of his reviews. My favorites, such as the 510 vapes hardly get a mention on his vids. I brought a firefly 2 on his recomendation and hated it.

The other bonus is when vapefiend have the TM i wont have customs charges. Any one in the UK get customs charges when buying any lamart vapes?

oddjobold,
Reactions: Thcgos

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
PS
Not conductive, I get your point! but remember that the bowl is far away from the heater?

Yes conductive, the glass is a sleeve on the metal coil, glass is an insulator so it will take longer to heat soak than the other materials. Probably helps save battery life during sessions/ cruise once saturated though.

Shit Snacks

Bottom line of VCBud's live:
Because TP80 has glass tubes it helps to retain the heat, the heater has more mass comparing to the TM. that's why TP80 will get thicker, bigger clouds than all the other vapes which use SS heater without any glass
so TP80>TM>Timber>StemPod and so on ... (Not sure about the Z becase it has some mass of glass and ceramic I think)

He may think that, but I think he is wrong lol if anything the glass tubes do the opposite (this is why RBT chose mica as the insulator in the original Zions after starting with glass... they now use ceramic for the non-customs)...

Yes the glass tubes are something special unique to Tubo Tetra and part of what makes the experience its own, tough to compare to other vapes (I mean, as I said they all have different heaters regardless of materials) but some may view the heat soaked thing as a negative, for example it doesn't get as heat soaked as fast as RBT mesh and it actually cools down more during a hit due to the glass (though it has enough power to maintain during the hit thanks to the long steel coils and TCR set up)

The heater does have more mass than the TM, but the TM heater has been remarkably effective, I notice zero loss of power during a draw and the hits reveal no potency is being missed out on by having supposedly less mass (this is also not at all proven, for all we know the TM actually has more technical mass). Again usage is a huge factor here, and I did not even watch the video btw... Still too subjective.

Also to say it is more comparable to an ELEV8R? Which is ALL glass as that is specifically what is heated directly by a torch (without any TC mind you)... Tetra is still steel coils providing the heat, the glass is still just the insulator, though yes when all warm there is a special experience, as I've been saying... To me these two vapes hardly compare at all, you do not use them the same.

Personally I think this describes the difference between TM and TP80 quite poorly, but maybe I am not doing the best job either? Only way to really know is to try these things for yourself, I never found VC vids particularly helpful at all. :2c::peace:

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Tetra is still steel coils providing the heat, the glass is still just the insulator,

I saw how the tubo's heater looks like. comparing to the its glass which wrap it, I'd say that SS coils weigh like 20% of the total mass of the heater. Same thing about Glass symphony too. The heater is probably like 30-40g of powder of Synthetic diamond and some metal, laying inside a glass tube warpped by tons of beads. all the heat retains at the glass.

about VCBud, yea.. well..he's just abit slow..hehe some of the review i watched at 1.5x ya know ;)

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I saw how the tubo's heater looks like. comparing to the its glass which wrap it, I'd say that SS coils weigh like 20% of the total mass of the heater. Same thing about Glass symphony too. The heater is probably like 30-40g of powder of Synthetic diamond and some metal, laying inside a glass tube warpped by tons of beads. all the heat retains at the glass.

about VCBud, yea.. well..he's just abit slow..hehe some of the review i watched at 1.5x ya know ;)

Okay, but GS XR turns the glass beads into the heater, inherently different tech than the Tetra, regardless of total mass calculations.

From first page of original Tubo thread:
"the heater consists of three coils in parallel, 26awg ss316l, ~0.3ohms, inside borosilicate tubes inside a 18mm female glass joint"
Screenshot-20200117-115851.jpg

Here the heating element is primarily the steel coils, as you can see they sit within the glass tubes (Tetra has 4 instead of 3) while the tubes guide airflow through the coils to heat air to temp (which is largely configured according to the coils) and serve as an insulator.

Of course when heat soaked, entire heater become the full structure sitting inside the 18.8mm female glass shell, but it is still driven by the steel coils. This is extremely different from the ELEV8R and Glass Symphony, and it does NOT make the Tubo/Tetra more "powerful" than other on demand pure convection vapes that rely on a steel heating element...

And re: vapecritic, frankly I don't really rely on any regular reviewers or watch their videos much at all. I remember in the early days you had to, but I've always been driven more by obsessive research... To each their own!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
It is not the right place to discuss it ,but i dont share some peoples opionion that the TUBO/TETRA tech functions buy making the glass tubes hot.
First of all about boro, it is an insulator of heat. Insulators have a property to become conductors when certain heat levels are reached(have in mind that temperature is measured not only in Grades but also in Calories/Watts). The tubes provide narrow insulated enviroment in which the coils have high contact area with the air . In this case the mass of the coil compared to the mass of glass tubes is like goliath vs david. The Tubes will almost never get nearly as hot as the coils , so they will just steal less heat when they are warmer and it will cost less watts and be be easier for the hardware to do the job. If draw realllly fuckin hard , i can pull up to 200 w which reduces shorty after to 80-90w when the heater is cold.. This type of draw would overpower a cold heater easily when it is supplied just by a single battery. Maybe single battery mods leave people with the impression that tubo heaters need a preheat to operate and are not just true on demand and also some say they are getting best performance only with fresh battery. I for one know that a single battery would never be enough for me now that i have seen performance with 3-4 battery mods.
I dont have TUBOP80 ,i hear it is a much better mod than the evic ,and also dont hear people complaning about batterylife or overheating which some incl me have experienced with the TUBOEVIC ,but mine was amongs the first batches ever produced ,so many things are improved since there.'
Probably the Tinymight functions better in on demand from cold with a single battery than a tubo heater can ,cause there isnt glass to rob off the heat. Imo the main funtion of the glass tubes in the TUBO tech is to insulate heater from other parts and direct airflow to the coils and also provide narrow airpath,etc..Also TM has lower mass bow which gets hotter quickerl ,while in the tubo you got male and female 19mm overlapping,(probably matters less if you do a capload ,but play bigger role in joint packs.)

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Okay, but GS XR turns the glass beads into the heater, inherently different tech than the Tetra, regardless of total mass calculations.
Yea, you're right. it isn't just a small GS because the GS has tons of beads and TP80 just you know, vertical tubes... not beads (spheres will retain heat better i think, and the heater's mass in the GS is huge comparing to any portable device....)

@Shit Snacks got the point about ELEV8 vs Tubo style
ELEV8R is different. I'm getting it now.... 1300C from a butane torch directly on the glass vs SS304 coils on 220C to the glass? the glass plays way different role in the TP80.

I get it actually. the cases are different, not even close. but overall i think TP80 is defined as HSA heater..

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Yea, you're right. it isn't just a small GS because the GS has tons of beads and TP80 just you know, vertical tubes... not beads (spheres will retain heat better i think, and the heater's mass in the GS is huge comparing to any portable device....)

@Shit Snacks got the point about ELEV8 vs Tubo style
ELEV8R is different. I'm getting it now.... 1300C from a butane torch directly on the glass vs SS304 coils on 220C to the glass? the glass plays way different role in the TP80.

I get it actually. the cases are different, not even close. but overall i think TP80 is defined as HSA heater..

Yeah it's just that HSA is literally a term coined by RBT here for the steel mesh heaters. Of course it can apply to a wide variety of heaters since it is a broad term, but that hasn't been done here much to my knowledge...

But yes the long steel coils do have a lot of mass, especially when there is 4 of them, and the glass insulators make the experience unique. They just do not inherently make it more powerful or effective than tinymight in any way, just different!

Though many pure convection vapes may seem similar, they are typically quite different, that is why we have so many (or at least what we tell ourselves!)

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Good question....looks odd in the pic.

Also, are the wires soldered on?

Nope! Go read the thread, it is all laid out there in far greater detail, I'm not going to answer these questions further because the answers can be found on that first page. Tubo Tetra are designed with all the various health concerns in mind, so please do not extrapolate from my out of context post with limited info :D Thanks!

Edit: and I'm pretty sure the wood is just holding them there for that picture, I don't think it is in the vape, just part of the construction process...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: TommyDee

LabPong

Nope! Go read the thread, it is all laid out there in far greater detail, I'm not going to answer these questions further because the answers can be found on that first page

I do not see the answer to the solder question on the first page of this thread......you wrote this...is this what you mean?:

Tetra
mod-driven power/settings
digital temps
glass tube/steel wire heater
18.8mm glass or wood stems
basket screens + full joint loading
custom wood + many accessories

Sorry.....but I'm not sure what that detail is you refer too....?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Nope! Go read the thread, it is all laid out there in far greater detail, I'm not going to answer these questions further because the answers can be found on that first page. Tubo Tetra are designed with all the various health concerns in mind, so please do not extrapolate from my out of context post with limited info :D Thanks!

Edit: and I'm pretty sure the wood is just holding them there for that picture, I don't think it is in the vape, just part of the construction process...

That's not fair. We are comparing these two units so design elements are fair game for comparison. or did we somehow introduce an element from a third unwanted entry?

I do not see the answer to the solder question on the first page of this thread......you wrote this...is this what you mean?:
<snip>

I also did a cursory look and found nothing that provided any hints on design elements. Doesn't mean they aren't there but a 125-someodd posts is not where one needs to be pointed to go find a few specific words. All maker posts on FC are either hamstrung with missing images or lack of consolidated information. There is no inherent word limit in a forum. There is only disorganization. Just like my home; if I can't find it, I ask. Usually I find it while asking.

And while I am at it, I'll give my :2c:
I want a TM in my humble collection. I saw the early P80 posts and didn't get it. In my very personal opinion, it lacks style. Almost like marrying a MOD to a log with Lego. Not my cup of tea. Even if P80 out-performed the TM by 3 fold, then neither would get one iota of VAS attention from me. I get the design. I understand both perform amazingly well. They both stand out in the crowd. I am biased based on aesthetics. That doesn't mean I am not interested in the design elements of both. Very much so as a matter of fact.

Last edited:
TommyDee,
Top Bottom