• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight vs Tetra P80

Bazinga

Suppose you are interested in either the TinyMight or the Tetra P80. Suppose further, that you can only choose one - not both. Please don't disparage either device, but from your knowledge and experience can you provide a comparison of the two.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Suppose you are interested in either the TinyMight or the Tetra P80. Suppose further, that you can only choose one - not both. Please don't disparage either device, but from your knowledge and experience can you provide a comparison of the two.

I will have both in my possession soon enough, but here are some basics:

Tetra
mod-driven power/settings
digital temps
glass tube/steel wire heater
18.8mm glass or wood stems
basket screens + full joint loading
custom wood + many accessories

TM
computer board/chip driven
analog dial
all steel heater (flat coil)
glass stems with o-rings
adjustable bowl + steel cooling unit
brand new design, though sleeker

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I own the Tinymight and do not own, but *love* looking at the Tetra P80. I must say I envy any owner of a device by Lamart just for the incredible looks of them and the option to choose different woods and colors. Lamart also offers a ton of stems, adapters and other accessories which lets you tailor and finetune your experience while Tinymight so far offers an XL stem for their device only.

Performancewise they probably have their own characteristics, but both seem to be efficient hard hitters with excellent taste. I really hope to be able to compare them one day, I bet the Tetras unique chracteristics are worth being experienced too.

What I really enjoy about the TM is how cool the vapor is, how cool the whole experience is – neither the vapor nor the device nor the stem will even remotely get close to be hot. Another great feature of the cooling unit is that it allows on-the-fly adjustment of the chamber size. Battery life is pretty good too (~8 sessions depending on exact usage). It's very easy to use, even for vape beginners.

I very much agree with @stickstones; go for what appeals to you spontaneously, you can't go wrong with either of them.

Bazinga

So, neither one needs a mod box? I compare all vaporizers to the Mighty. The Mighty has served me well. I must say, after using the Splinter for a week or so, I am enjoying the glass air path. I'm now noticing the difference in the plastic airway (Mighty) and the glass.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The P80 uses a box mod but the whole vape is built around it, you don't need to purchase an additional one.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Whisper

Shit Snacks

So, neither one needs a mod box? I compare all vaporizers to the Mighty. The Mighty has served me well. I must say, after using the Splinter for a week or so, I am enjoying the glass air path. I'm now noticing the difference in the plastic airway (Mighty) and the glass.

Correct, Tetra is built connected to the P80 and already configured as well. It is a working vape out of the box, not like Splinter requiring a mod purchased separately. Both of these will be more like Splinter vapor than Mighty, pure convection on demand with glass stems, different heaters.

GoldenBud

If there's a comparison between the most 510's heavy hitters and probably one of their pioneers, with a new device, I'd say that it's like the quote "Rome wasn't built in a day"

GoldenBud,

Bazinga

I have no idea what you are trying to say. However, I am a little slow.

The Tetra P80 with it's various offerings is what I'll be ordering when available. They appear to be beautiful.

The TinyMight is appealing because the folks on the TinyMight thread report that it is a fantastic device. I don't want to buy beauty over function.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

The Tetra P80 with it's various offerings is what I'll be ordering when available. They appear to be beautiful.

The TinyMight is appealing because the folks on the TinyMight thread report that it is a fantastic device. I don't want to buy beauty over function.

Are you bored of the splinter already?

invertedisdead,

GoldenBud

I thought you are comparing them because tubo evic considered the most powerful portable device out there,sorry
P80 is the successor of the tubo evic.. it's a better bet than ANY new device. it is the most powerful 510 device out there.
the new heater even built in a way that the user don't need to stir the bowl (unless if the user packs more than 0.2gr, then it is better to extract the last cloud by a stir).

Shit Snacks

Krazy Hope you post review soon. I am also interested in your comments on the P80 vs the Z.

For Tetra vs Z, I can do since I have Tetra heater in my Tubo Dual (which is a convertible and can work with a single battery too). Z is a bit quicker and more effective at lower temps, but has more draw restriction and ofcourse must set up temp control yourself or use wattage. Compared to the Tetra P80, which can only be used single battery, Z will also have better battery life in your RXgen3Dual. Tetra is all configured for you and has a different heater (long steel coils and glass tubes vs folded steel mesh and ceramic plates that make up the Z heater)

Tetra does seem to heat more evenly at least with my Dual, though my custom Z on RXdna250 in temp control is also quite even (my other custom Z is running in wattage on G3D like yours and is perhaps less even, but not bad depending on technique)... Point being that the Tetra doesn't require much technique or any configuration to get very even extraction without stirring.

It does have a more wide open flow as well, which actually means you need to regulate your draw yourself a bit more then with the Z. The way the temp control is set up though it works really well if you just rip it, but in my experience that means it is harder to cool the vapor. I can really rip my Z on high wattage through water, but I do like the leisurely sipping I can do with it in temp control. For me, the Tetra is less of a casual tasty sipper, but I think you can accomplish that better than I do with a modified technique or using it incruse and maybe packing a different way... Like you can use a Tetra as a session vape the same way the tinymight can, I just don't find that method of vaping to be particularly effective for me and I prefer on demand in general.

When I cruise with Tubo Tetra, it is just to not have to press the fire button and to keep things warm all heat soaked for back-to-back hits... Similarly when I use autofire with my Z on the G3D at 45watts, it is just so I don't have to hold down the button during my hit through water (while I also carefully hold the Z itself and spin it on my non-frosted glass custom wpa) so under 25sec. With the Tetra I will cruise for much longer as it is calibrated safely with the temp control by the manufacturer just like the TinyMight must be...

Bazinga

Snacks

You are always very kind to answer questions and attempt to point me in the right direction. However, I rarely know what the hell you saying:bang:

Please don't stop responding as one day I will figure out what you are posting. I can tell you I am now using the Splinter more that the Mighty. I like the clean cool taste of the Splinter. Now when I occasionally use the Mighty I seem to taste plastic that I didn't notice before. It's not bad and I will keep using the Mighty but it is becoming my backup device.

I don't mind pressing the fire button. For me it's not a distraction. I probably need to learn more about the mod box in order to enjoy the Splinter even more. I realize that I can continue to use it wattage mode, but I probably not getting the most from the device. I would feel more comfortable using temperature control but I don't know how. The instructions that came with the Geekvape Aegis X are sorely lacking. I really like the appearance of the various P80s. If they provide results similar to the Splinter then it's a no brainer for me - I will order one.

It was easier learning the material as a PhD candidate than absorbing the knowledge to be successful with the mod box. Watts. volts, amps,ohms, joules make my head spin. Never have been able to wrap my head around the subject.

Shit Snacks

Snacks

You are always very kind to answer questions and attempt to point me in the right direction. However, I rarely know what the hell you saying:bang:

Please don't stop responding as one day I will figure out what you are posting. I can tell you I am now using the Splinter more that the Mighty. I like the clean cool taste of the Splinter. Now when I occasionally use the Mighty I seem to taste plastic that I didn't notice before. It's not bad and I will keep using the Mighty but it is becoming my backup device.

I don't mind pressing the fire button. For me it's not a distraction. I probably need to learn more about the mod box in order to enjoy the Splinter even more. I realize that I can continue to use it wattage mode, but I probably not getting the most from the device. I would feel more comfortable using temperature control but I don't know how. The instructions that came with the Geekvape Aegis X are sorely lacking. I really like the appearance of the various P80s. If they provide results similar to the Splinter then it's a no brainer for me - I will order one.

It was easier learning the material as a PhD candidate than absorbing the knowledge to be successful with the mod box. Watts. volts, amps,ohms, joules make my head spin. Never have been able to wrap my head around the subject.

:lol: love this! I would suggest just using the Splinter as you are with wattage and improve your technique in your own way and time! Ignore all the talk about firmware and settings, just keep doing whatever is working for you!

My Tetra P80 arrived today and I am loving it btw, even more than my Dual and OG Tubo maybe too... I'll report back once my TinyMight arrives, at least it is in the country now! So far I can highly recommend the Tetra for you though!

Then someday you'll have a full temperature control digital experience from the Tetra P80 to complement your Splinter with similar style and further relegate your Mighty to backup status ;)

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

BTW I have been posting quite a bit in the TinyMight thread as I just got my unit yesterday, after my first round I did whip out the TetraP80 for a bowl as well, along with a quick photo:

IMG-20191231-202843712.jpg

Now that I actually have both to compare directly, I have to agree that they are quite different in so many ways, despite similarities, being extremely effective top tier portables...

Top Bottom