• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tinnitus

kel

FuckMisogynists!
The first link,,, sorry, but I have no idea which link you are referring to, there's dozens of articles on that page.

The second... never heard of it, I would like to try and I know my friend would try literally anything at this point! Thanks!

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Thanks but this is completely out of my reach at the moment... I looked up the closest clinic:

"For a full treatment programme including the Lenire device: £2,995."

My friend hasn't worked for years because of health issues and won't be able to afford this either.

I don't know where you are based but here in the UK those of us who have spent our entire lives paying into the NHS don't have the resources or time to sort out private health care at this later stage in life, but the NHS is being taken away from us so we have no health care and no possibility of getting any. You might get lucky, it is a postcode lottery that determines the quality of your healthcare, where I live the GPs are worse than useless, they just prescribe inappropriate medications for profit.

lookhigh

FC member
I have health insurance but not sure would they cover that.
There are no clinics near me as of yet.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Well, I will just wish you all the best, even though I only have it very mildly it was a constant irritation and I am very grateful it has subsided on it's own, presumably post-viral syndrome linked, now it is occasional - but even that is bad enough!

You have my empathy and most sincere well wishes!! and... Good luck!! :tup:

.d

oh man if I could get rid of my tinnitus I'd be one happy dude

I've never tried anything to help it, just assumed I'm fucked for life
Hey, there is an interesting company called Flare, I got a few of their products for myself and am really impressed. https://www.flareaudio.com/
The ones I think could help with tinnitus are the HD series, but check it all out and the idea behind it. If I understood corectly it could help you

Its not related to vaping sorry, but if this can help someone here alleviate some of the tinnitus trouble its worth a ban!

Robert-in-YEG

For most of my life, I've dealt with migraines. I was taking 12-14 Tylenol a day, along with aspirin. Taking at that level not only destroys the liver, but it causes tinnitus.

I've been getting acupuncture and I'm being treated by a doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine. I'm still very skeptical, but I am feeling a lot better than I did a few weeks ago. One thing I have noticed is less tinnitus. The ringing is still there, but it is less than it was.

Robert-in-YEG

images (3).jpeg

Robert-in-YEG

Had ringing since I was a child. Its still there. I always left the radio on or something.
Then I got hearing aids. The ringing is gone when the aids are in.

David
Did you have any hearing loss?

Right now, despite tinnitus, my hearing has always been exceptional.

From family history, I'm expecting arthritis in the ear (the three little bones). In his 70's and 80's, my dad started losing his hearing.

Robert-in-YEG

0778ba717c0226302058435a306ef91b.jpeg

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: lookhigh
I've had tinnitus for a while now. Thankfully it's not too bad, and I've learned to live with it to the point where I hardly ever notice it anymore. I do use a rain noise generator app on my phone every night to sleep. That's about the only time the tinnitus will bother me, when in total silence.

I go to a ton of concerts, but I started using earplugs around 10 years ago, when I first started noticing the tinnitus. Always protect your hearing in loud environments!

Robert-in-YEG

This is a follow up post for those who live with tinnitus.

Two weeks more acupuncture, and less tinnitus. The ringing is still there, but there has been clearly noticeable change.

Robert-in-YEG

“The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed.”
~Jiddu Krishnamurti

vapirtoo

Yep
Years teaching in classroom and lunchrooms as well as the gun going off
at indoor track meets has my ears always ringing in the background.
Ear plugs and retirement have really pushed the noise almost off the stage,
but just reading and responding to this has brought it back to center stage!
Thanks group. LOL It will all go away as soon as I finish my cookie. (Matrix)

vapirtoo,

andrew`124c41+

I had a vestibulitis in my left ear around 2010. It left me with minor hearing loss and tinnitus. I have just learned to live with it. If anything, personally, Cannabis makes it worse! But it is helpful to me for other medical issues.

andrew`124c41+,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I had a vestibulitis in my left ear around 2010. It left me with minor hearing loss and tinnitus. I have just learned to live with it. If anything, personally, Cannabis makes it worse! But it is helpful to me for other medical issues.

Heh, I’ve had fairly severe tinnitus since 2004 (I was rather close to a fairly large explosion) and find the only time that I notice my tinnitus at all is when someone brings up tinnitus. As a matter of fact it’s all I can hear right now! It will take me a day or two to lose it again, and then I won’t hear it until it comes up again! Have never noticed an impact from herb or concentrates on my tinnitus; probably because as stated I never notice my tinnitus!

Robert-in-YEG

Heh, I’ve had fairly severe tinnitus since 2004 (I was rather close to a fairly large explosion) and find the only time that I notice my tinnitus at all is when someone brings up tinnitus. As a matter of fact it’s all I can hear right now! It will take me a day or two to lose it again, and then I won’t hear it until it comes up again! Have never noticed an impact from herb or concentrates on my tinnitus; probably because as stated I never notice my tinnitus!
I've had tinnitus since I was very young and I have just learned to live with it. Stopping Tylenol and aspirin helped, as did accupuncture.

Robert-in-YEG

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."
~ Mark Twain

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: Timps27

Southeastern

illegal smile
@Robert-in-YEG Any update from your acupuncture?

I agree with @Timps27, I do notice it more when I am reminded of it, but sometimes it kicks into high gear and makes itself know without me thinking about it.

I would love to find something to help. It has gotten so loud the last couple of years that it can be distracting.

Southeastern,

Robert-in-YEG

My brother in-law, the Chinese doctor, is sick from the vaccine. It caused heart problems.

My last treatment was the day before Christmas Eve. He wasn't feeling well, and I just didn't feel good afterwards. He is giving me some herbs that might be helping, but the jury is still out.

I'm back at work, but the daily chronic headaches are starting again. No need for pain killers, but I am worried about a migraine. Ideally, I will get back to regular acupuncture, but not until he is healthy. It might not be scientific, but it seems that if the doctor isn't feeling good, acupuncture doesn't help.

As for tinnitus, no real change.

Robert-in-YEG

Top Bottom