Time to upgrade...to what??

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Will#8

Deron Williams Best Point Guard Alive
Hi, I'm a longtime combuster and I just found this forum while researchng my next vaporizer purchase. A little background: I've bought two vapes before. I got a lot of good use out of a Vaporwarez Vaporcannon but it has fallen out of favor due to a few factors. For one thing, I've noticed it's nearly impossible to get a good hit of vapor without propping the Cannon up so its heating element is pointing directly up. This might be due to my units age/heavy use. (The other piece I own is a junky little portable glass one you are supposed to light with a lighter, it either doesn't give me a good hit, or ignites the bud.)

A more vexing problem is the amount of time consumed using it. I have to stir the bowl after ever hit to get a good next hit, so that entails taking apart the handpiece, poking out the screen, knocking out all the material, using an exacto to scrape the walls of the bowl, stirring it all up, putting the screen back in and reloading and tamping down the handpiece. I do all that, four or five times a bowl, and pretty soon I have to schedule an extra 20 minutes in the morning just for a pre-work vape. Unnacceptable. For this reason I have gone 100 % back to combustion, just because it's so much easier to pack a bowl and puff away as I do other stuff, or pack a quick one right before I bolt out the door.

BUT, with my advancing years, all that combustion is beginning to take a toll on my lungs, and I'm ready to move back into the vaporizor market. I have a lot more discretionary funds now than I did when I bought the Vaporwarez unit so nothing is really out of the question. Based on reading this forum and other research I have done, I am going to order the magic launch box to keep in my car, but I am still very much in the market for a serious desktop unit.

I have heard really good things about the Silver Surfer but I looked at it and it looks like I'd be holding a handpiece up to a heating element and sucking, just like the Vaporcannon. I want a unit where I just load a basket and it's easy to give a stir between rips. I like a whip because of the whip hash, but I also have hit my friend's bag inflater and I like the idea of chilling back with my own giant bag of vapor. The other units I have been scoping pretty hard are the Volcano, and the new Zephyr. From reading on here, it seems the jury is still out of the Zephyr. As for the Volcano, I have the income to afford it, but it's still not a purchase I can make lightly.

Are there any other units I should be looking hard at? Are my fears about the Silver Surfer founded? Any help is appreciated! I just found this forum recently but I'm sure I'll be a regular from now on!

D-Will#8,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Welcome to the forum D. I think you will find all the info you could possibly need here to make an informed decision.

I can tell you that you will love the LB for it's portability and stealth. But I can understand the need to a "desktop" type unit. I don't have any experience with the units you are interested in, however think you might want to follow this thread as there is a new vape that is getting some serious attention here:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2234&p=1

You will really need to look at what you want from your vape; do you share with friends, do you want to conserve, do you want lung busting hits, etc. Each vape seems to have it's own niche. You may end up doing what I have done and get several. :nod:

Good luck in you pursuit of happiness! ;)

momofthegoons,

max

Out to lunch
D-Will#8 said:
I got a lot of good use out of a Vaporwarez Vaporcannon but it has fallen out of favor due to a few factors. For one thing, I've noticed it's nearly impossible to get a good hit of vapor without propping the Cannon up so its heating element is pointing directly up.
I've never heard this issue with the warez or any other whip vape. Hot air does rise, but you shouldn't need to do this to get enough heat. It does have a 5 yr. warranty, BTW.

I have heard really good things about the Silver Surfer but I looked at it and it looks like I'd be holding a handpiece up to a heating element and sucking, just like the Vaporcannon.
It's a whip vape. You can change the exterior/housing, heater connection angle, and make it hands free or standard, but a whip vape doesn't vary much otherwise.

I want a unit where I just load a basket and it's easy to give a stir between rips.
Haven't heard it termed basket, but a bowl's a bowl, whatever you call it. Can't recall a whip vape where it's not fairly easy to stir between hits. You shouldn't need to stir a bowl on a bag vape unless maybe you're cramming it full of fine ground herb.

I also have hit my friend's bag inflater and I like the idea of chilling back with my own giant bag of vapor.
Sounds like you need a dual mode vape.

it seems the jury is still out of the Zephyr.
I disagree. IMO it's a winner and I'd buy one instead of a Volcano in a minute. Of course, if I wanted a dual mode model (or strictly bag fill for that matter), I'd also buy the herbalAire or Extreme instead of the 'cano. I'm not a fan of $500+ vapes.

max,

D-Will#8

Thank you momofthegoons I'll definitely check that thread out!

max said:
Haven't heard it termed basket, but a bowl's a bowl, whatever you call it. Can't recall a whip vape where it's not fairly easy to stir between hits. You shouldn't need to stir a bowl on a bag vape unless maybe you're cramming it full of fine ground herb.
Have you ever used the Vaporcannon, I'd be interested to hear your opinion if other whip vaporizers are easier/more difficult to stir the bowl than the Vaporcannon!

D-Will#8,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
IMHO The Supreme doesnt require stirring :brow:

Sure you are trading one (in)convenience for another, but for a 'whip based' vape - this thing you cant go wrong with (IMO)

AGBeer,

JohnnyL

Hey D-Will #8,
I set my DBV up for the next morning and I get blasted within 10 mins of waking up and getting my cofee. SSV and its counterpart the DBV are really killer "table-top" vaps with a 3-4 min warm up time makes wake-n-bakes a breeze. I even set up my center console on my truck to hold my Vapolution Vap so I can get ripped on the way to work, having a car adapter is a nice feature.

JohnnyL,

max

Out to lunch
D-Will#8 said:
Thank you momofthegoons I'll definitely check that thread out!

max said:
Have you ever used the Vaporcannon, I'd be interested to hear your opinion if other whip vaporizers are easier/more difficult to stir the bowl than the Vaporcannon!
I've used a box vape or two, but not the VC. You should look up jeffp on our user list and email him. He has one, as well as an SSV, and I'm sure he'd be happy to give you his :2c: on it.

max,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Honestly i think the best vape for you would be the Herbalaire 2.1. It has direct inhale (through stem or hosing) and bag filling capabilities. It's also supposed to be the vape that most thoroughly vapes your loads, with or without grinding or stirring. Check out the herbalair thread in teh vap-specific area, and search for herbalaire on youtube and watch fear's and other videos to see if it would be right for you. it can be had for $220 on vapeworld.com with the promo code.

BUT, i think that the SSV is the best whip/direct inhale vape. You just suck up or dump herb into the bowl, hold bowl up to heater cover and inhale and kinda twist the wand as you hit it. With the standard wand/heatercover, theres no ground glass to get stuck or anything, so i'm not sure how it could be considered a bother to stir. Anywyas, it vapes very thoroughly and if you work the wand right, you wont taste that ABV flavor until the very end of the bowl.

steiner666,

Konrad_Zuse

Hey D, welcome to the forums. As a new vaporist myself, it was a hard choice as to what kind of vaporizer I wanted. I also learned much more about vapes, and future vape purchases thanks to it. So to me the first questions that come up when I buy a vape NOW, are;

Taste: Taste is very important to me. I want a vape that delivers a great taste, and will get me where I want to be. I don't want to taste burnt and other bad tastes. The way to get a better taste is with a vape that has a glass pathway. The more glass, the better the taste will usually be, varies on material of course.

efficiency: Above all else this is what I look for. I want a vape that I can put a little bit in and get a lot out of it. I vape daily, so I want to spend as little as I can.

function: Another important fact is what does this vape do that other vapes cannot? I look at dual/tri vapes, and vapes that I need. For example, I rather get an extreme, than an ssv/cano, because it's 1 unit that does both, instead of 2 solo units.

Cost: Cost is always a big factor in a purchase. Some could be too low, some could be too high, and there are some that are right in your price range. Find the best vape for the buck, based on what you want.

These are some of the few things I look for, and I believe every vapist should. As for a first unit, I would go with the Herbalaire 2.1 or the Extreme-Q. My first vape was an extreme, and I really love it. Basically all glass, besides the whip, and there is a ceramic heater as well. It's not the "most efficient" but it will get you were you want to be. It's a dual vape as well whip/bag. I hear mixed reviews about the Extreme-Q, but I don't know how it would be different, but it is , in my opinion, a low tolerance vape as users with higher tolerance have reported not liking it. The Extreme, I believe, is 250$ with the FC code ExtremeFC on Vapeworld. I could be wrong so I would recheck that code in the thread.

As for the Herbalaire I've heard nothing but great reviews. I hear is one of the most efficient vapes. You get thick filled bags, and whip hits. I'm not sure how it tastes, but it seems good. Users don't even need to grind, you pop a nug into the metal container thing, and into the unit, it comes out dust :). Full extractions for the win? The HA is 219$ with the FC discount code fc-2010 at vapeworld.

This is my opinion, take it as you wish, but if you have more questions, feel free to stop into chat, you can find it by going to the top right of the page where it says "chat room." Come on in and hang out, there are a lot of users on with a lot of vapes and you will get real time answers.

Konrad_Zuse,

D-Will#8

Thanks for the replies guys! I'm going to take my time and shop around, and really comparison shop the extreme, herbalaire, vapolution and a few others you guys have mentioned. Vapor bongs, car adapters and multi-function vapes, oh my.

My Magic Flight Launch Box came in the mail the other day and I've been having a blast experimenting with it. It's an incredibly well-designed product, portable, efficient, wind proof, and despite it's tiny stature, delivers gargantuan hits.:ko::uhoh::lol:

Needless to say the urgency of my quest for a desktop vape is no longer so pressing, given how pleased I am with the MFLB. (That acronym looks like it should read Mutha Fuckin Launch Box. I'm lol-ing.) This forum has really given me some of the best advice on THC consumption since my first gravity bong hit sophomore year of HS! Thanks again!!

D-Will#8,

D-Will#8

AGBeer said:
IMHO The Supreme doesnt require stirring :brow:

Sure you are trading one (in)convenience for another, but for a 'whip based' vape - this thing you cant go wrong with (IMO)
What inconvenience are you referring to? I'm not as familiar with the Supreme as I should be.

D-Will#8,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom