• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Time for something new

Steamer

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good day!

I've been using vaporizers for almost a year now and since I was able to contain the VAS for quite a long time, I thought I'd reward myself with a new product. This has crossed my mind a few times, but now I actually have a need for something different.

I started off with a Mighty and I couldn't think of a better product to start my vaping journey with. You press a button, it heats up, you get stoned. Easy, German and consistent... You've got to love it for that. Then (1 week after the Mighty) came the inevitable Dynavap, and another one and two induction heaters, custom stems,... I went really balls out because it's that good of a device to me. It suits my needs perfectly and I love the efficiency that it brings to the table. I figured it out in no time and never really looked into alternatives. They're so different to the Mighty if you ask me, but with these two I'm set on the portable side (for now, I think). I'm a sucker for efficiency and quality to say the least.

So what am I after? I could do with a decent desktop/home vape that gets me right where I need to be in the shortest time possible :lol: It's a device that should knock me out or can do extended sessions at lower temps depending on my mood. I don't have a high tolerance (I never exceed 0.5g on the DV even during a heavy session) and I'd like to keep it that way. Also, I like to vape hash sometimes and that comes with its own set of requirements.

The devices that I'm mainly interested in, are:

- Herborizer
- Old Head Hot Rod
- Elev8r
- Anything from Cannabis Hardware
- Vestratto

The herborizer seems to be my preference, but I'm not sure if it has the raw power to clear a bowl in 1-2 hits or can handle hash. The Hot Rod is a very close second, but availability is an issue and I'd like to see some minor things changed (cord, magnets, general 'new product issues'). The Elev8r and all of the CH stuff might raise my tolerance too much and the Vestratto looks too promising to ignore.

I'm open to other alternatives as well, but when decision time comes I'll be going for the device that looks, feels and works like it's factory made. I have the most respect for all the artisan companies out there, but I like the ability to return a product to the vendor in case of a defect or buy spare parts when I break something. Also, I like things to work out of the box and don't want to wait for a replacement part from overseas that transforms the device in what it should've been from the start. I live in the EU and I've had too many bad experiences with delayed or lost shipments...

Looking forward to hearing from you! I know I'm looking into heavy hitters whilst I want to keep my tolerance low, but this new device will only see occasional use (end of day, weekends or when I have friends coming over). My vapcaps are still my go to vapes and I have no intention on changing that.

Razhumikin

If you want a heavy hitter that can also do nice flavor sessions, with a great build quality, incredibly clever and efficient design, and you live in the EU, I cant recommend the Couchlog enough. German engineering at its finest, @Beefcake@420Eng really knocked it out of the park. Hop over to the Couchlog thread and see what the buzz is all about!

Steamer

If you want a heavy hitter that can also do nice flavor sessions, with a great build quality, incredibly clever and efficient design, and you live in the EU, I cant recommend the Couchlog enough. German engineering at its finest, @Beefcake@420Eng really knocked it out of the park. Hop over to the Couchlog thread and see what the buzz is all about!
I was looking at the future E-nano XL but the manufacturer doesn't provide CE certification. Looks like I have some digging to do, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Duba

Accessory Maker
Hi,
I went through pretty much the same way as you by starting the vape with a Mighty and a Dynavap (Omnixl).

It allowed me to stop combusting, especially thanks to the Dynavap because I didn't like the Mighty (despite its effectiveness) and I sold it rather quickly (bof bof the plastic, the heating time, the cleaning, the session side that wastes plant).

I quickly turned to the big hitters that allow me to get where I want to go, i.e. as far as possible...jaja.

I can only recommend the Herborizer Ti which will not disappoint you in terms of power and quality of extraction. Reliable French manufacture with a top service (it takes care of its customers) and wide range of use even if I find that it excels for the fast and powerful extractions. The vapor is tasty, not aggressive at all (I use it especially with the Sherlock from Herborizer too).
The only drawback in my opinion is its relative fragility because it's made of glass. At home it has a safe place and is not afraid of anything but when I take it out for friends, I'm less reassured (especially after few bowls...).

Otherwise, I'm also one of the owners of the Vestratto anvil and I have to say that it's very impressive to the point that it almost rivals the Herbo in terms of power effects. The final version will be very powerful and nice I think but it takes a little patience to get one.

I don't know the others on the list so I can't compare them.
Good research! (it's nice this moment of exploration before the acquisition)

JollyGreenGiant

I can speak from personal experience - the Herborizer Ti absolutely has the power to clear a bowl in 1-2 big hits when the dial is at 5.5-6. Did it this weekend several times. 😂

Steamer

I can speak from personal experience - the Herborizer Ti absolutely has the power to clear a bowl in 1-2 big hits when the dial is at 5.5-6. Did it this weekend several times. 😂
How does the AVB look without stirring? Is it pretty even?

I can just speak on the vape I do own here and it's the anvil from vestratto and I can say it is a true one hitting micro dosing vape that produces massive clouds.
I decided to buy it at some point, but I'm waiting until production is up to speed etc. Still going through the thread but it looks like a very promising device!

Steamer,

Duba

Accessory Maker
I can speak from personal experience - the Herborizer Ti absolutely has the power to clear a bowl in 1-2 big hits when the dial is at 5.5-6. Did it this weekend several times.
I confirm! I use mine at 6.5 : 2 hits with a little stirring between 2 (not necessary but it is part of my ritual and is very effective imo)

Duba,
Reactions: Steamer

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
I can just speak on the vape I do own here and it's the anvil from vestratto and I can say it is a true one hitting micro dosing vape that produces massive clouds.
I agree, in terms of dealing with a .05 in the most efficient manner possible, it's the Anvil. It can be done within 2 minutes of deciding to do it. All of the others require an uneconomical (time and power) preheat for a .05, imo. Apart from the Elev8r, which is fairly dramatic to heat up and will use large amounts of gas. It's a better for vaping loads >.1. I haven't used it for <.1 because it feels overkill to me. Incredible flavour with that vape though.

I had similar concerns about ordering a device from abroad (I'm in the UK) but the Anvil arrived (without any import fees:)) and it doesn't seem like much could go wrong with it. Although the large herb chamber can fit up to 0.13g it works much better with less. I've been microdosing 0.015g (literally just crumbs) in the large herb chamber with perfect extraction.

I would probably use my Dynavaps more often than I am but my wrist sometimes struggles with spinning and it would take at least 2 heat cycles for me to evenly extract 0.05 to my liking, which the Anvil of course does in one.
If you don't mind the spinning and a couple of heat cycles the Anvil doesn't offer a hugely different experience to the Dynavaps though. But I would say it's hugely satisfying to extract in one huff and that does also make the hit feel stronger, imo.

Edit: I haven't tried hash in the Anvil

JollyGreenGiant

How does the AVB look without stirring? Is it pretty even?

I decided to buy it at some point, but I'm waiting until production is up to speed etc. Still going through the thread but it looks like a very promising device!

AVB on mine looks obliterated after 2 big rips, nothing left to extract - so I can’t say I pay much attention to the level of thrashing it delivers to the material in each little area. I’ve not read any comments about folks getting uneven extractions, or spotting with the Ti. I think with most (maybe all?) of the heavies - it’s a non-issue as they’re pumping out so much heat on such a wide path - it’s like a Tsunami hitting a costal community of mud huts…. any big Tsunami is going to wipe it out. For most users - it’s total overkill in my opinion. I think (total conjecture - just based on what I can see) the Cannabis Hardware setup may have a bigger bowl, and I don’t find the bowl on the Ti to be very large - I always need to do at least two bowls on it, however based on your concerns about developing too much of a tolerance, perhaps the smaller bowl is a good thing for you.

I think the largest consideration you should have, is flavor. I have not tried the other 4 devices you are referencing, but the Herborizer is supposed to have the best taste of all the heavies - and by an allegedly wide margin. For me, the taste is better than a volcano, but not nearly as good as my Tafee Bowle - so I can only assume that the other heavy hitters (when on high settings to clear bowls in sub 4 hits) are not going to win any marks on the flavor department, so if flavor and power is important to you, I’m not sure there is a better option out there right now… although I sure am looking.

One thing to consider though - the Herborizer Ti is kind of a mess of cords, glass pieces that slide on/off the nail to change modes and what not, not an “integrated system” like the Hot Rod, or a VapBong. If it’s important for you to have a product that is essentially one piece, a removable bowl and a cord - the Herborizer isn’t it. It’s for that reason, I ordered a VapBong. The Herborizer Ti works very well, but the mess of different size (diameter and length) cables, all the little pieces, etc - combined with the exposed hot nail, is a bit of a hassle, where as something like a hot rod or VapBong is a just one built in cord, and the rest is effectively all interconnected. The VapBong gets extra points (for me) due to it’s stealthiness, and the fact that it integrated a water piece into the design - and it supposedly hits as hard (or harder) than any of the big boys. Might be worth considering if you’re ok with a desktop that isn’t designed for concentrates.

Last edited:
I second the CouchLog recommendation, especially since you're in the EU. There may be a bit of a wait to get one, and it is pretty pricey, but worth it IMO. It's perfect for someone who wants quick heavy hits without using a lot of material. 0.05g is the perfect dose in this thing.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I second the CouchLog recommendation, especially since you're in the EU. There may be a bit of a wait to get one, and it is pretty pricey, but worth it IMO. It's perfect for someone who wants quick heavy hits without using a lot of material. 0.05g is the perfect dose in this thing.
I never regretted following your lead when I got my Vapbong and I'm not trying to be a wet blanket or anything: I'm just wondering why the CouchLog is a winner for folks at €370 (or 300 without the wooden vvps)?

I do think the woodwork looks first rate but I don't care for the habit of logs to come with some long metal rod/wooden stem combo like this pic from @ChooChooCharlie. And while catching up on the thread I saw that you're supposed to wait several minutes between hits? It sounds like it has the quirks I disliked about my Enano (only replacing the shitty plastic Enano vvps with an optional wooden one that costs a hundred dollars). I feel like we should just be able to put these log heaters on top of a wpa or chalice bowl like the injection desktops do since we're providing our own glass anyway.

I'm just curious what all the fuss is about since I know the Woodscents and now the CL are quite popular.

Couch-Log-Padauk-on-bubbler.jpg

Razhumikin

I never regretted following your lead when I got my Vapbong and I'm not trying to be a wet blanket or anything: I'm just wondering why the CouchLog is a winner for folks at €370 (or 300 without the wooden vvps)?

I do think the woodwork looks first rate but I don't care for the habit of logs to come with some long metal rod/wooden stem combo like this pic from @ChooChooCharlie. And while catching up on the thread I saw that you're supposed to wait several minutes between hits? It sounds like it has the quirks I disliked about my Enano (only replacing the shitty plastic Enano vvps with an optional wooden one that costs a hundred dollars). I feel like we should just be able to put these log heaters on top of a wpa or chalice bowl like the injection desktops do since we're providing our own glass anyway.

I'm just curious what all the fuss is about since I know the Woodscents and now the CL are quite popular.

Couch-Log-Padauk-on-bubbler.jpg
As an extremely satisfied couch log customer, let me say this: the couchlog is the best designed log ever. It looks unassuming, but the elegance of the design masks deep levels of functionality unseen in any other log. The stem has a removable cooling pad in it for dry hits, which makes the vapor very comfortable and allows for massive rips. Once this pad is dirty, it fits right in the herb chamber, and you can take giant hits of reclaim off it, getting extra stoned and cleaning it at the same time. If you dont want to hit it dry, the stem is a 14mm wpa. Just take out the cooling pad and get ready for some of the heaviest hits youll get through a bong. The couchlog is actually a ball injector vape disguised as a tiny log, the stem is filled with ceramic balls around a custom designed high surface area heating element. This thing absolutely does not need 5 minutes between hits, i can clear a bowl in anywhere between 1 and 4 hits over the course of 2 minutes, all with the vape UNPLUGGED. The unplugged functionality is truly a game changer for a log/injector vape. I can hand it to my fiance, even though it wouldnt reach or be easy with a corded vape, have her clear the bowl in one giant hit, then plug it in again with no noticeable heat loss on my next hit a few seconds later. Add magnets underneath the vape and the controller for stability and convenience and a removable heat shield for maintenance and wood options, and youve got something entirely unseen before in the log space, a semi-portable, artisan wood, ball injector.

@bossman All I can say is the Woodscents was one of my drivers before I got the CouchLog, and now it’s a backup unit. The CouchLog is a next level log experience. It’s beautifully and thoughtfully designed and can hit like a heavy thanks to the ceramic beads in the heater. I’m used to taking long 20-30 second milkshake pulls with the Woodscents. With the CouchLog I can get more vapor with a 5-10 second pull, and the restriction is much less. It also milks a bong insanely well (check my videos in the CouchLog thread if you haven’t). There’s a ton of little quality of life features embedded in the minimalist design that I really appreciate. As I said, it’s pricey, but to me it’s worth it for the elevated experience it brings to the traditional log format.

Also - the heater does fit 14mm joints native and there’s definitely potential for injector type bowls to be utilized with this vape. It’s a versatile piece for sure.

Also - what @Razhumikin said. :lol:

Steamer

One thing to consider though - the Herborizer Ti is kind of a mess of cords, glass pieces that slide on/off the nail to change modes and what not, not an “integrated system” like the Hot Rod, or a VapBong. If it’s important for you to have a product that is essentially one piece, a removable bowl and a cord - the Herborizer isn’t it. It’s for that reason, I ordered a VapBong. The Herborizer Ti works very well, but the mess of different size (diameter and length) cables, all the little pieces, etc - combined with the exposed hot nail, is a bit of a hassle, where as something like a hot rod or VapBong is a just one built in cord, and the rest is effectively all interconnected. The VapBong gets extra points (for me) due to it’s stealthiness, and the fact that it integrated a water piece into the design - and it supposedly hits as hard (or harder) than any of the big boys. Might be worth considering if you’re ok with a desktop that isn’t designed for concentrates.

This wasn't something I was aware of when looking into the Herborizer, but thanks for bringing it up! I'd like to be more or less flexible in terms of where I want to sesh, the multitude of cables, PID unit, injector, glass etc. make it a bit more of a hassle. That's why the Hot Rod sounds so great, injector style ball vape and everything is mounted on a piece of wood. Decisions decisions...

Even though I have my mind set on the Herborizer, I think I really need to check out the CouchLog! It does sound great this one, though I don't have much love for log style vapes like @bossman mentions. They all look a bit funny on glass rigs, but functionality is way more important to me. My interest is growing for sure.

Thanks for the great help so far! I'll try to make a decision some day :)

GoldenBud

AFAIK (from a reliable experience desktop user, not me, so if i'm wrong please correct me) the Herborizer heater holds heat better than the Terp Torch, and the Terp was really strong for me, as a portable-dry herb user (tried the TT few sessions)

Now I dunno if the Old Head has the same heater as the Terp Torch, could be better i think?

CH also holds the heat well but much expensive, and the bowl is not small as you mentioned

Steamer

CH also holds the heat well but much expensive, and the bowl is not small as you mentioned
I had a short eureka moment when I saw the injector diffuser, but the whole unit seems to be more directed towards raw power and 1 hit extraction. It does look like the million dollar setup though, but I'm not sure if I need that at this point in my life. Also, the flavour from the Herbo is hugely appealing to me.

I'm actually further away from making decisions than a few days ago :lol: Thanks, CouchLog!

SquirrelMaster

If you're up to ½ a gram a day you're well into these heavy hitters best range. 0.1g-0.3g is a good amount per session.

CH makes some real heavy hitters that are the most durable and versatile (imo) of their class. A glass bowl with a B-1 will give you flavour very close (imo) to the Herborizer DigiTi with the ability to pull out a Shovelhead and hit it harder if needed. Glass bowls are a little hard to come by right now unless you go injector style (which opens up more bowl options, including wood). Being in Europe, it might be cheaper with something from your side of the world but it's worth noting how great CH's products are.

The Elev8r by itself is a good economical heavy hitter but I added a coil, pid and filled it with balls (ruby currently) and never looked back. The torch became tiresome and a PID makes the experience consistent. It's a cheaper alternative to the DigiTi that doesn't look as good, but performs similar. The bowl is also large, same with the Herborizer. Others have used any of those 3 to microdose (0.05g~), though it feels overkill to me unless you're at least covering the screen or using a smaller bowl (which had been done).

My DigiTi is the most elegant of my heavy hitters but it contains glass so it's somewhat fragile. Smaller bowls can be vaped in 1 or 2 hits but anything larger will take an extra hit or two compared to a Flowerpot with the same amount. They're both leagues above a Dyna, that's for sure. The Sphere is my favorite glass piece and I would recommend it for any heavy hitter.

Another recommendation I have is a DIY Glass Symphony. It's big and the most fragile but it's very affordable, tastes amazing (all glass air path except for screens) and hits like a train. There's a thread with a part list that I highly recommend you have a look at.

Top Bottom