Thinking of buying this press and would like your opinions on it first.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
That looks exactly like my graveda! Even down the crappy button choice lol. I hope you get a good one mate! If you ever want to compare let me know and I'll take some measurements of the thickness etc of mine.

3 Feet Farms

I saw some of the cheaper ones on Amazon, eBay, dhgate, Aliexpress and Temu @Hippie

I struggled with this as I knew it was a Chinese press and it would be possible to get it cheaper, but I worried that if something did go wrong I would be stuck trying to repair it myself or have to buy a new one, because let's face it I doubt I would be returning it to china.

At least this way if anything goes wrong I have a UK company I can contact and get my press serviced or replaced/refunded in the worst-case scenario. This gives me some peace of mind that I felt I wasn't getting by trying to get the cheapest option.

Again unsure if this was the right call, but all the reviews I have been able to find about nectar have been pretty positive, so I am happy to give it a shot.

3 Feet Farms

I got my Rosin Press!

It just arrived and I unboxed it and it looks great. The press is holding pressure and I can't see, feel or hear any leaks.

The pressure gauge has supposedly been calibrated to the press so the PSI seen on the gauge is the actual material PSI and not the pressure of the overall system. If anyone knows how to check and confirm this it would be appreciated, otherwise am going to try taking it up to 600-700 psi for my first press of flower at 205F

The press came with everything I need to start pressing so I think I've got to go give it a try and see how it works.

Wish me luck!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
How's did it go @3 Feet Farms ?

Does the manufacturer insist on a specific puck shape? I wonder what shape that is. You see the puck pressure depends on its dimensions. A short fat puck will see less psi than a tall narrow one (bottle tech) at the same displayed system pressure.

Madtater

Ok. I am bumping this thread from last year as i am looking into getting a press.

I had the nugsmasher mini in my cart and was ready to pull the teigger when i thought to myself “this is a lot of money for a press that only does 7g max with a 2.5” plate”

Is dab press the way to go? I mean they have mostly really great reviews, where as the only reviews i can see for nugsmasher are paid “these are the best presses” site reviews.

Also, 4, 6, 10 ton?

This will be my personal press. I will be doing at most small runs of 1oz presses (whether that is 1/4 at a time or larger…i dont care). I am sure friends will come over with material and ask to use it….just need something that will last a while, doesnt take a structural engineering degree to operate and one where i won’t hurt myself.

Ready to buy now before grow season starts.

Thanks everyone.

Edit****. Just gonna buy the dabpress. Lots of positive stuff said here and in reviews. Thanks guys n gals.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
This will be my personal press. I will be doing at most small runs of 1oz presses
The 10t with the gauge is my choice also and I doubt you will be disappointed. I have pressed 20g at a time bottle tech style (2x10g bags) with no troubles and single bags up to 25g but I usually get bag blow-outs when I do so stick with 10g pucks.

Madtater

The 10t with the gauge is my choice also and I doubt you will be disappointed. I have pressed 20g at a time bottle tech style (2x10g bags) with no troubles and single bags up to 25g but I usually get bag blow-outs when I do so stick with 10g pucks.
I grabbed the 6t. I lrobably wont be doing as much as that. And it will also not be all the time, maybe 3-4 times a year (of course i say that now, ya know how that goes).

Figured this would be a hood starting loint for me. If i outgrow it, i could always just grab something more beefy.

Top Bottom