These girls look moldy or not?

ginolicious

How does the over all bud look? I’m not sure what those dots look like on the trichomes. Looks a bit suspect and doesn’t look like how they would look while turning amber.

im not a robot

while turning amber.

ok, this is great timing & new territory for me, i have literally just wondered as well how to tell if my buds are still ok. i never really had anything lying around longer than a couple of months. but now i do, an old stash of weed at least 6 months old, and i think it was too dry or maybe old to begin with. and it is positively changeing color to.. amber? so this is harmless?

& i have no idea how to spot mold in these (or any) pictures. how to tell the difference?

im not a robot,
Reactions: Bioboni

ginolicious

Wait a second. Are these buds that have already grown or are growing? Now I’m confused. Do you have photos of the full bud? How have the buds been kept and for how long? I’ve had buds stores for years in a mason jar. No mold. Yeah the the flavor and terpenese degraded over time. But never mold for me.

Bioboni

they're already dried. so those tiny white specs could be mold?

here are some more pics.

Bioboni,

Bioboni

Based on those photos the buds look fine to me. Have you cracked open a bud as well? Maybe someone else will chime in with more experience. I have had more experience with mold when drying.
the buds look no different on the inside. theres no typical mold visisble. the only suspect thing is these tiny white dots... i'm a noob so cud just be thc or smt?

after being totally dried, these flowers were put in a thin plastic baggy in a humid room for a few days. even though no moisture was visible on the inside or outside of the plastic bag,

when opening the bag i saw the buds were again a bit moisty(wasnt able to crush them properly).

so I had to redry the flowers and afterthat i photographed them 🕵

the white dots could have already been on them when they were still growing. no idea

Last edited:
Bioboni,

Bioboni

How does the over all bud look? I’m not sure what those dots look like on the trichomes. Looks a bit suspect and doesn’t look like how they would look while turning amber.
suspect like not looking perfectly grown, but not looking moldy either? I compared with other pics online and it looks normal tbh. Prolly just kief

Last edited:
Bioboni,

shredder

To me, on my phone, the white dots look possibly like perlite, and tricombs. Something fairly common. Perhaps you could pick one off with tweezers.

Usually mold is associated with growing or freshly harvested buds.

It can look like white dots though, and another type, bud rot starts on the inside, is brown in color and makes the buds squishy.

badbee

It's very unusual for "older" dried buds in a jar to go moldy. If there was that much moisture present they would have molded in the first couple of weeks. Without moisture it will never mold. It's normal for some strains to turn a more golden color over time (like a year).

So best guess is no mold.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
If you want to be safe wait a few days or a week. You will find out quickly if it’s mold or not lol

Sour Dream,
Reactions: DrJynx86

cliffhanger1

Based on those photos the buds look fine to me. Have you cracked open a bud as well? Maybe someone else will chime in with more experience. I have had more experience with mold when drying.
Doesn't look moldy to my eye. Just looks like trichomes.
they looks very very nice.. it is normal like others said, that are the trichomes not mould !!!! have much fun :)

Last edited:

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
There diff types and shapes of trichomes, looks like trichomes In 2nd photo

Legion25_Types_Of_Trichomes_Intro.jpg

cliffhanger1

first the dots (trichomes) are transparent, then they become milky and then amber in color.

I used to harvest when half of it was amber. today I would harvest when 1/3 is amber or a little less.

amber also creates a more stoned rather than high effect

CANtalk

Some strains are known for more amber trichomes too.

Bud looks good to me as well. Lots of good info already given. Moisture after curing is not a bad thing. Many people store cannabis long term with bovedas (moisture packets) in glass mason jars to keep freshness. I find it really helps.

:peace: :leaf:

CANtalk,
Top Bottom