Discontinued ThermoVape

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
Yes OF, hehe. Geez your too kind.
The competition has just been re-opened so i posted the vid in there, the results are coming tommorow.. ~:)) .. fingers crossed ~:))
Night Night all
bestaluck, chant

And kudos to TV for getting me a fast replacement for my Rev Con adapter that wasn't screwing in all the way. The new one received today works fine, and the old one goes bye-bye back to TV in a convenient pre-everything'd return envelope. btw, Love the molten lava-like glow of the Rev's ceramic when hot. :)

cheers

Nick Brand,

Bart

T1 is easier to get the hang of. Still trying to master the evo.
Get one and get conversion kit for the other.
I vote both.

Bart,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Knowing what I know now, if I had to pick one, I'd say T1 for it's faster heat time mainly, also found it easier to empty/load on the go.

jambandphan03,

TonyBlaze

A lot of folks were seeing this when their item hadn't actually shipped yet, TV only notified the USPS to expect the item. This is okay I guess, it's just that when TV sends you an email that your item has been shipped, when it actually hasn't, is the reeeal misleading part. Priority Mail should take only 2-3 days. If you haven't gotten your order yet it may not have been shipped, or it just has.

Tonyblaze, any relationship to Johnnyblaze (Neville's Haze x Blueberry)? :cool:

When I called last Wednesday they said all orders had shipped except the glass one... Tracking still only shows shipping info received

Sorry no relation to johnnyblaze

TonyBlaze,

DreamTime

Just wondering which one people prefer, and why.
I've only had my T1 and Evo for a few months, but I find myself going for the T1 9 times out of 10. Reasons I like the T1 over the Evo:
  • Easier to learn. Compared to the hand full of other pocket sized portables I've used, the T1 requires very little practice. I was getting nice gratifying hits within 5 minutes of messing with it.
  • Bigger bowl: The T1 holds more than the Evo
  • Fatter hits: I can get bigger, fatter hits from the T1.
  • Faster warm up: The T1 heats up and is ready to go much more quickly than my Evo
With that said, I still like my Evo, and plan on getting to know it better in the coming months. I really like that I can sandwich hash or keif into the Evo, which definitely helps the Evo to produce more powerful hits. Not having to stir the Evo between hits is also a plus.

If you've got the $$ I would suggest getting both. They may serve similar purposes, but I can definitely see myself using both... it just depends on the situation.

DreamTime,
Reactions: OF

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
It's nice/convenient to have a couple of pre-loaded cartridges when you head out the door- say, starting with the fully assembled T1- when you've finished your T1 load, swap the T1 upper section and screw on an Evo (and/or Revo) cartidge/load.

Nick Brand,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I prefer the T1 for the most part. Does take some physical intervention more than the EVO.
The EVO OTOH, is stealthier has no need to do anything but wait and draw. (besides loading and emptying)
Just get them both has my vote. :clap:
BTW, the powers to be, have given my Bulli Mod it's own thread. Thanks vtac. Check it out in my signature link.

Pipes

Pipes,
Reactions: OF

kittyboy

So if I want to use the dart on Persie or Omni I have to get the adapter for threads?
And have folks found the 3.4 vs 6 either work better. I hoping the 3.4 works well with both
vs buying both.
THanks

kittyboy,

OF

So if I want to use the dart on Persie or Omni I have to get the adapter for threads?
And have folks found the 3.4 vs 6 either work better. I hoping the 3.4 works well with both
vs buying both.

Yes, although you meant to say 3.7 Volts. Six Volts calls for new batteries and charger and can't be done with Omicron because those batteries don't exist (yet...).

Same thread adapter:
http://www.electronic-cigz.com/51ad.html

OF

OF,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Wow, that was fast.... Thanks. Talks about standard loads, are they up to the current levels we need for DART?

OF
I would assume they would be fine for REV or DART and maybe EVO but T1 would be a good question. Only rated at 200 mAh. I see no price advantage, so why use when un-proven?
They do quote "
The use of low resistance atomizers with high voltage batteries is not recommended
"
which covers their ass if fails on anything under 3 ohms or so.
I do not trust those batteries with that kind of writing on them neither. Noticed Mad Vapes re-classifies the current rating on them as I guess they found some not as stated on the printing on the side.
:2c:
Pipes

Pipes,
Wow, that was fast.... Thanks. Talks about standard loads, are they up to the current levels we need for DART?

OF
I've noted them before (on Omicron thread). I don't have a pair, but they are a bit over half the cost of IMRs from D9 and about the same price as the protected ones from madvapes (_assuming_ 10% of D9 w/ "WTRACKER" and 20% off Innovapor w/ "ECF20" and 5% off madvapes w/ ?"ECF5").

I've never seen any LiFePO4s rated less than 4c, many can be 20+c (R/C guys have packs at 80c continuous and 128c burst). To handle a DART SV should be about 6c. I'd guess they'd work, but with the relationship between Innovapor and TV, maybe we can get an official answer. (Anyone who has looked will have seen these are sold for use with the AVA SR and HR attys)

-NDA

Nick Again,

OF

I've never seen any LiFePO4s rated less than 4c, many can be 20+c (R/C guys have packs at 80c continuous and 128c burst). To handle a DART SV should be about 6c. I'd guess they'd work, but with the relationship between Innovapor and TV, maybe we can get an official answer. (Anyone who has looked will have seen these are sold for use with the AVA SR and HR attys)

Yes, with you there. I 'read' it as OK for normal loads, but DART would be a LR load in this range as I understand. Something that just doesn't happen in the e-cig world? The R/C LiFePO4 packs I've seen aren't these same sorts (flat packs without cases), I doubt that experience counts.

They would probably work OK, but pushing the discharge margin leads to cell heating which is a lifetime killer. And we're going to make that worse by hanging on it for half a minute or more....plenty of time to get nice an toasty.

I agree, with any luck at all Tim or someone like him will come by and give us 'the word'.

Thanks again.

OF

OF,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Looks like you guys have found the 6V Ultra Batteries!

Well ill be honest, ive only used them once.... But a good friend of mine has an Ultra RES on 6V and he's been using it since the prototype AVA days.

As far as the life of the batteries, your guess is as good as mine. But now that they've been brought up, im going to go pickup a few pairs and test it out.

Cheers,

Tim

Yes, with you there. I 'read' it as OK for normal loads, but DART would be a LR load in this range as I understand. Something that just doesn't happen in the e-cig world? The R/C LiFePO4 packs I've seen aren't these same sorts (flat packs without cases), I doubt that experience counts.

They would probably work OK, but pushing the discharge margin leads to cell heating which is a lifetime killer. And we're going to make that worse by hanging on it for half a minute or more....plenty of time to get nice an toasty.

I agree, with any luck at all Tim or someone like him will come by and give us 'the word'.

Thanks again.

OF
Looks like we may get an official answer :)

The R/C guys do use standard cells sometimes. Here's a 15c LiFePO4 18650 flat top:
http://www.batteryspace.com/lifepo418650cell32v1200mah18arate384whullistedunapproved.aspx
I'm pretty sure the 80c packs I've seen in hobby stores have 18650s inside, but I haven't been willing to buy one just to cut it up (from the size and feeling under the shrink, I'm sure they're 18650s - but I don't know if I could identify the brand if I unwrapped them).

-NDA

Nick Again,

bmann007

Well I keep seeing this battery issue come up on this thread the batteries that weak? And is it safe to put these other batteries in there?

bmann007,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Hey guys,

We only got about 1/3 of the glass we were expecting.... Were going to send them out chronologically as the orders were placed.

We apologize for the delay, we are sourcing the best glass possible and its taking a little bit longer than originally expected. Please bear with us, we are going to make sure every ones orders are filled.

Tim

Thanks for the update Tim :) In light of this news, for people who will have to wait for the next shipment of glass but also ordered the new AC adapter or other items would it be possible for the items that are in stock to be sent out immediately for those people who have been waiting for a week?
Hopefully I'm among one of the lucky first purchasers:D
Hey guys,

We only got about 1/3 of the glass we were expecting.... Were going to send them out chronologically as the orders were placed.

We apologize for the delay, we are sourcing the best glass possible and its taking a little bit longer than originally expected. Please bear with us, we are going to make sure every ones orders are filled.

Tim

420AmandaMarie84,
Top Bottom