Discontinued ThermoVape

NewSchoolExplorer

Please do share the wealth :o and explain how you plan to attach the two? also with a basic GONG adapter that TV is going to release soon will enable anyone to attach to any standard 14 or 18mm but the benefit with the above model is that it can be used single handily and can be used with portability.

NewSchoolExplorer,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The tip is just a PD stem. It fits inside the top opening for the mouthpiece fine. I would need to figure out a way to rig the PD stem to fit a little more tightly, though. There's too much wiggle room for a good seal. Maybe some silicone would work? :shrug: Maybe some JB weld (I think JB is already used in this piece, but I'm not certain) could be used to permanently attach an extra TV tip?

Anyone have any ideas on a simple solution?

Stu,

weedemon

enthusiast
make a mflb silicone whip connection! you owuld only need a very short pice to get it on both ends!

weedemon,

NewSchoolExplorer

I got the tubing from my Vapir No2 for my TV and it fit tightly into the mouthpiece and inserted into my 14-18 and it slides its an air tight fit. The only problem is that the tube makes the hit to "airy". I guess it should work better with my toro micro bub (oil rig) but I am already medicated to an adequate dose :D

IMG_5596.jpg

IMG_5599.jpg

I have tested the hits w/o water but I am still sure its still going to be airy until I use a smaller piece.

NewSchoolExplorer,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Stu said:
The tip is just a PD stem. It fits inside the top opening for the mouthpiece fine. I would need to figure out a way to rig the PD stem to fit a little more tightly, though. There's too much wiggle room for a good seal. Maybe some silicone would work? :shrug: Maybe some JB weld (I think JB is already used in this piece, but I'm not certain) could be used to permanently attach an extra TV tip?

There is defiantly no KB weld used in any part of our T1, Revolution or AVA atomizers... Any of them as a matter of fact! :D

Tim

SameOldTim,

NewSchoolExplorer

THose of you experienced TV users please specifically tell me how you draw and how long and different times for each step.

For me:
1. heat for 10 sec
2. hold on, inhale slowly (varies) [slower than drinking out of a fountain drink straw]
3. Towards the end I continue to inhale even after I switched it "off" to get the remaining extraction
4. And than I let the vapor hit my lungs with a quick draw of fresh air

What is the idea way to use the TV T1

NewSchoolExplorer,

darkrom

Great Scott!
ThermoCoreTim said:
Stu said:

There is defiantly no KB weld used in any part of our T1, Revolution or AVA atomizers... Any of them as a matter of fact! :D

Tim

Good because I almost shat myself! I'm enjoying this portable quite a bit...I hope to keep it that way :p

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
NewSchoolExplorer said:
THose of you experienced TV users please specifically tell me how you draw and how long and different times for each step.

For me:
1. heat for 10 sec
2. hold on, inhale slowly (varies) [slower than drinking out of a fountain drink straw]
3. Towards the end I continue to inhale even after I switched it "off" to get the remaining extraction

You just summed up how I've been using it pretty much perfectly. The one thing you didn't mention is that about half way through my inhale I speed it up and get an even bigger hit. If you inhale too fast at the beginning you don't get a good hit, but inhaling fast at the end results in the biggest hit I've had from it.

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
darkrom said:
ThermoCoreTim said:
Stu said:

Tim

Good because I almost shat myself! I'm enjoying this portable quite a bit...I hope to keep it that way :p

Glad I was wrong after all Darkrom.

ps: I assume Stu was revering to his PD stem when mentioning the JB.

OhTheAgony,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
darkrom said:
NewSchoolExplorer said:

For me:
1. heat for 10 sec

You just summed up how I've been using it pretty much perfectly. The one thing you didn't mention is that about half way through my inhale I speed it up and get an even bigger hit. If you inhale too fast at the beginning you don't get a good hit, but inhaling fast at the end results in the biggest hit I've had from it.

Basically the same for me! Except its usually cold around these parts - I have to preheat for about 15 seconds, and might do some puffing to start it going a bit.

sessnet,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
It is very helpful for both the T1 and Rev if you do an initial puff just so that u canard them producing vapor before you workout your lungs and take a big rip.

Remember, the rate in which you inhale determines the temperature of the vapor. Inhaling faster will cool down the core due to the increased airflow, also hitting it slower will give the heated air more time to transfer the heat thru the material hence producing more vapor. You must be careful tho to not overcook your material with excessively slow hits, that's why a few quick puffs to see where your heat range is a helpful technique.

SameOldTim,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
OhTheAgony said:

Sorry for not making it clear that I was indeed talking about my custom PD stem.

:peace:

Stu,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Yo TV,

Noticed that after a couple of weeks of pretty regular use (mostly with Revolution and E-cig AVA) that there is a slight darkening of the metal on the rear of the T1 body just below where the rev and adapter attach (above the delrin sleeve) Is this normal?? :uhoh:

Thanks in advance for your reply TV.

Bluntcrush,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Stu said:
OhTheAgony said:

Sorry for not making it clear that I was indeed talking about my custom PD stem.

:peace:

No problems, just relieved to know there is no JB Weld in my portable haha.

darkrom,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Experiment with Screen before Mouthpiece + Revolution Tip = NICE!

Got some nice clouds - like 5 so far, and probably a few more left.

It was mentioned the oil/resin can build up with the screen, making that area more messy than usual, and more cleaning required.

However, it might be worth it, because now I can pull hard as hell! and know I won't suck anything in.

I learn something new every day with the ThermoVape :)

sessnet,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Yeah! I got used to it.

I don't like pulling in lots of air, and getting wispy clouds (almost no vapor). I was even considering selling it - until I learned how to use it right (make nice clouds), finally.

So, I don't know if it was all because of the Revolution tip, but now it is fun experimenting and finding an EVEN BETTER way to get more clouds.

sessnet,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Bluntcrush said:
Yo TV,

Noticed that after a couple of weeks of pretty regular use (mostly with Revolution and E-cig AVA) that there is a slight darkening of the metal on the rear of the T1 body just below where the rev and adapter attach (above the delrin sleeve) Is this normal?? :uhoh:

The electroless nickel plated aluminum will form a patina (tarnish) for some people with use. This is easily removed with a polishing cloth if it is bothersome. My personal device has formed a nice patina (a little darker grey/titanium color) and it does not bother me, so I leave it alone.

We will put some Cape Cod polishing cloths on the web site. Do not polish the batter sleeve/switch! It will make it slick.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
ThermoVape said:
Bluntcrush said:
Yo TV,

The electroless nickel plated aluminum will form a patina (tarnish) for some people with use. This is easily removed with a polishing cloth if it is bothersome. My personal device has formed a nice patina (a little darker grey/titanium color) and it does not bother me, so I leave it alone.

We will put some Cape Cod polishing cloths on the web site. Do not polish the batter sleeve/switch! It will make it slick.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

I truly appreciate your use of the term "patina" TV. It makes me like the Thermovape even more!! :D Some may let it tarnish, some may polish it to a shine. It is the user's choice! Truly a personal item!

Cheers! :peace:

Bluntcrush,

darkrom

Great Scott!
So my throat is a MESS right now after going to the walk in clinic. I only vape and never smoke. I wonder if the short air path of the thermovape is aggravating it perhaps? That inline water filter is looking more and more useful every day. I hope you guys consider it.

For now a forced t-break :(

darkrom,

NewSchoolExplorer

sessnet said:
Yeah! I got used to it.

I don't like pulling in lots of air, and getting wispy clouds (almost no vapor). I was even considering selling it - until I learned how to use it right (make nice clouds), finally.

So, I don't know if it was all because of the Revolution tip, but now it is fun experimenting and finding an EVEN BETTER way to get more clouds.

I am still trying to master getting clouds all the time, it seems like it take way longer of a heat up time than 20 sec to even start clouds of vapor (i have to go through a few wispy hits before I even see clouds, perhaps I am doing something wrong? Also for a second I thought my unit was defective as when I first looked through the screen into the thermocore I noticed two coil like things and only one was lighting up but I honestly do not what I was looking at.)

darkrom said:
So my throat is a MESS right now after going to the walk in clinic. I only vape and never smoke. I wonder if the short air path of the thermovape is aggravating it perhaps? That inline water filter is looking more and more useful every day. I hope you guys consider it.

For now a forced t-break :(

Drink some water while vaping. Also vaporizing is LESS aggressive than smoking but it will still irritate some.

NewSchoolExplorer,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
NewSchoolExplorer said:
I am still trying to master getting clouds all the time, it seems like it take way longer of a heat up time than 20 sec to even start clouds of vapor (i have to go through a few wispy hits before I even see clouds, perhaps I am doing something wrong? Also for a second I thought my unit was defective as when I first looked through the screen into the thermocore I noticed two coil like things and only one was lighting up but I honestly do not what I was looking at.)
Both of the coils are supposed to glow, but one alone is supposed to still provide enough heat for use. The question becomes "how much use?". You should contact TV to see if the heater can be warrantied for a partial failure. To be honest, I'm not sure myself. But it stands to reason that a semi-funcioning heater core would provide less heat than a fully funcioning one.

:2c:

Stu,

NewSchoolExplorer

Stu said:
NewSchoolExplorer said:
I am still trying to master getting clouds all the time, it seems like it take way longer of a heat up time than 20 sec to even start clouds of vapor (i have to go through a few wispy hits before I even see clouds, perhaps I am doing something wrong? Also for a second I thought my unit was defective as when I first looked through the screen into the thermocore I noticed two coil like things and only one was lighting up but I honestly do not *know* what I was looking at.)
Both of the coils are supposed to glow, but one alone is supposed to still provide enough heat for use. The question becomes "how much use?". You should contact TV to see if the heater can be warrantied for a partial failure. To be honest, I'm not sure myself. But it stands to reason that a semi-funcioning heater core would provide less heat than a fully funcioning one.

Thanks for the confirmation Stu, I really hope to get this resolved promptly as I would enjoy my vape that much more.

Thermovape / Thermocore how do I go about this? I adapted by using longer heat up times along with slower draw speed to get better results, but I would appreciate a fully functioning heating element. Please let me know the details and if we need to discuss this by other means. Thanks.

NewSchoolExplorer,

PB88123

Vaporist
NewSchoolExplorer said:
Stu said:
NewSchoolExplorer said:
I am still trying to master getting clouds all the time, it seems like it take way longer of a heat up time than 20 sec to even start clouds of vapor (i have to go through a few wispy hits before I even see clouds, perhaps I am doing something wrong? Also for a second I thought my unit was defective as when I first looked through the screen into the thermocore I noticed two coil like things and only one was lighting up but I honestly do not *know* what I was looking at.)

Thanks for the confirmation and I hope to get this resolved as I would enjoy my vape that much more.

Thermovape how do I go about this?

I boiled the thermocore today and just put it back together a few minutes ago and notice it wasn't performing like it normally does. I tried new batteries and the same thing happened it was taking 20 seconds to heat up.

I realized I didn't screw the thermocore in far enough. Once I screwed it in until I couldn't twist it any more it then worked perfectly. Here is a picture of the 2 coils that I just took.

ztSEl.jpg

Edit: Also, shoot them an e-mail with any questions. It will speed up the process in getting them involved.

PB88123,

OF

PB88123 said:
NewSchoolExplorer said:
Stu said:

Thanks for the confirmation and I hope to get this resolved as I would enjoy my vape that much more.

I boiled the thermocore today and just put it back together a few minutes ago and notice it wasn't performing like it normally does. I tried new batteries and the same thing happened it was taking 20 seconds to heat up.

I realized I didn't screw the thermocore in far enough. Once I screwed it in until I couldn't twist it any more it then worked perfectly.

Edit: Also, shoot them an e-mail with any questions. It will speed up the process in getting them involved.

I know TV will replace the core if one side has died. I'd be sure it's dead, however, as has just been said there are other ways output can be low. I agree, send them an e-mail to set it up, this is definitely not the place for that. In your place I'd go for a new unit with two coils working, but it's interesting to consider that it's now using half the power, meaning you'll actually get a bit over twice the run time from the batteries (they're going to be more efficient at lower current rates) which might be a good thing if there's enough power to do a reasonable job?

I had occasion to visit the factory earlier this week, so I asked about field failures (a subject of considerable interest a while ago....). I was told they have had four heat core failures, you can be the fifth. In every case, this has been one side only. Repeating that, there have been zero total failures of cores to date. This is for about four thousand units out there. While not perfect, I think most with even modest experience in such products would agree that's a very good record. There have been (I think) more switch failures, which cause the heat core to look like it totally failed. They're working on understanding what's up there. They have a huge history with the switch, it's used on all their e-cig products with no real issues (or they wouldn't have used it I guess), but lately there have been failures (perhaps because of the higher power levels?). For whatever reason, I'm confident they will sort it out and the switch isn't subject to the 3 month limit like the heat core is.

BTW, they also told me that there was a problem with the way the Revolution heaters were first made. A very subtle assembly issue can lead to undue mechanical stress in the heat cycle (I suspect from expansions and contractions and lead dress?) that was fairly quickly found in some carts (but not it seems in Beta test units). This is the way it happens sometimes with 'hand built stuff'. They responded quickly and think they were able to recall most of them from stocks before shipment. A few got out, some of those failed and have been replaced. Others are working fine and should continue to do so. The manufacturing process has been modified so that they are building all of them the way they don't fail now.

As I said before, having met the guys and 'talked shop' with them I think they very much have their act together. Their Engineering seems very sound and their Business Model is first rate. Everyone there seems passionate about what they do, always a good sign.

BTW, I didn't stop to count them, but I saw close to a hundred units being packaged up for shipment, about a third of them white. White must be more popular than I thought?

OF

OF,
Top Bottom