Discontinued Thermovape Alpha Ultralite

Man thats a bummer, especially since it seems real easy to make compared to everything else they are working on. Im guessing its gonna be a while before any adapters are available from them. Im thinking mini cera/cera lite then the adapters eventually.

OF or anyone else, do you think theyre also going to have an adapter to run the revolution/darts on the cera?

It should be easy for them to do - Hell OF did it with a wingnut!

OF

Man thats a bummer, especially since it seems real easy to make compared to everything else they are working on. Im guessing its gonna be a while before any adapters are available from them. Im thinking mini cera/cera lite then the adapters eventually.

OF or anyone else, do you think theyre also going to have an adapter to run the revolution/darts on the cera?

I agree, and it should sell a lot of EO cores for them as well, but that's not our call, it's theirs. Capitalism in action. The market is there I think, the demand real, it will be filled in due time.....and I for one think it's about due.

If anyone wants to step forward and go for it, PM me, I'm happy to help. I think my design is solid enough to make plans on.

As to putting out a DART other adapter for Cera I asked Noah back when....he was pretty cold on it. Making such a gadget is actually easier than ther other way I think, at least for them as they would only have to modify part of the connector piece they now use (basically change the diameter of the hole in the top end, remove the threaded and other holes and thread the inside). I made mock up of it with a spare connector I got from them to experiment with (the piece that threads into the screw plate and carries the pin in the center on the ceramic washers) and a 601 to 510 thread adapter.

Same offer is open: If someone wants to make them, PM me, I've got a couple ideas of how.....otherwise I don't expect TV to do this one. 510 and 601 to Cera, but not the other way?

OF

OF,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Eh just wondering if i should keep my ultramax handy or let it go...im more interested in the cera adapter for 510...

Mynameismud,
Reactions: VapoRoor

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Eh just wondering if i should keep my ultramax handy or let it go...im more interested in the cera adapter for 510...

For real! I bought the t1 recently because

A. It is cheaper than a Cera body at this time.
&
B. Just in case the Cera 510 adapters were released soon.

I wonder how it'd look on a t1 :cool:

VapoRoor,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yeah i was hoping for a new top to the T1 so the cera carts could just attach directly to the T1 but i think a 510 adapter is more of a reality. I think itll look great either way. Cant look any worse that the metal carts on the white cera body like the EO comes now

Mynameismud,
Reactions: VapoRoor

StickyShisha2

Yeah i was hoping for a new top to the T1 so the cera carts could just attach directly to the T1 but i think a 510 adapter is more of a reality. I think itll look great either way. Cant look any worse that the metal carts on the white cera body like the EO comes now

i want an adapter to replace this
2csc9dc.jpg

but still use the same spring button thing

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Just bought a Multimeter to test voltage and turns out BOTH AW 17670 batteries are registering at 4.25 volts.
Yet the charger is still charging the batteries. (I have a new charger on the way)
Not a battery wiz but does this mean the charger is just still trying to charge them past 4.25v?(charger issue?) I am using a WF-188
Or the PCB in the batteries is not letting them charge fully? (faulty battery?)

Im lost ? :whoa:

Dont know if this helps but my WF-188 is NOT silver and black
It is a dark grey and black, although the box it was packaged in displays a silver and black charger.

VapoRoor,

OF

Thats exactly what I was thinking/talking about. But i have a feeling they are just gonna make an adapter that will screw into the top of it instead

Only and educated guess, but I wouldn't put much money on that if I were you......

I have no 'inside information' but I'd bet on a new adapter piece (I think that's what TV calls that part) and the owner swaps the stitch over.

As a practical matter there's basically no useful 510 thread 'batteries' out there except for TV and a few somewhat questionable 'mechanical mods'. Ego and similar supplies won't handle the current Cera needs. Persei will, but that's a m601 thread. A 510 to Cera adapter is of very limited use, really.

OF

OF

OF, what kind of battery life can we expect with the CEO and Ultra?

Short, but glorious. IIRC I got about ten minutes total, not a lot for LL (but workable IMO) but 'a great plenty' with EO....way more than I'm game for. AW IMRs are definitely the call of course.

OF

A 510 to Cera adapter is of very limited use, really.

OF
Limited sure, but I think there are more devices out there that can run the Cera than you are accounting for.
Short, but glorious. IIRC I got about ten minutes total, not a lot for LL (but workable IMO) but 'a great plenty' with EO....way more than I'm game for. AW IMRs are definitely the call of course.

OF
Gosh that really doesn't sound like much...

kingofnull,

OF

Limited sure, but I think there are more devices out there that can run the Cera than you are accounting for.

Indeed. Can you please name a few? I have found exactly one, a single model of VV head able to do five
Amps but unable to drive Cera carts due to their low resistance.

I have, however, worked with TV and have a custom EO and a custom LL cart that both clear the 1.2 Ohm "lo Ohms" lock out. There are two other LL cores like it out there, I have the only EO core that exists (Tim made it a while back, took half a dozen tries to get enough wire in....).

Otherwise I trashed two cheap 'mechanical mods' (basically batteries in a box) which had switches not even close to being up to the heat.

So I've done a modest bit of searching and testing and am fairly confident when I say there aren't a lot of 510 supplies out there (save TV ones) that will work. Do you have any suggestions? I'm pretty sure you haven't tried, but I'd be willing to under the right conditions.

TIA

OF

There are a lit of mechanical mods out there that I think should work. Ba Gua, Siams Cube/Hex, altsmoke Alpha and even non-mech mods like the BB, Bolt, V5 etc.

kingofnull,
Reactions: Katysax

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Only and educated guess, but I wouldn't put much money on that if I were you......

I have no 'inside information' but I'd bet on a new adapter piece (I think that's what TV calls that part) and the owner swaps the stitch over.

As a practical matter there's basically no useful 510 thread 'batteries' out there except for TV and a few somewhat questionable 'mechanical mods'. Ego and similar supplies won't handle the current Cera needs. Persei will, but that's a m601 thread. A 510 to Cera adapter is of very limited use, really.

OF
Well that sounds better to me anyway.

Do u think that the cera mini or whatevers battery life will be comparable to the ultra or do you think more?

OF

There are a lit of mechanical mods out there that I think should work. Ba Gua, Siams Cube/Hex, altsmoke Alpha and even non-mech mods like the BB, Bolt, V5 etc.

There are no doubt some but I don't think they represent but a fraction of a percent?

Of the mechanica ones you name, the first says 'only .2 Volts drop for 2 Ohm carts....which is not bad for an e-cig but that means over half a Volt for the .7 Ohm Cera. Not only will that mean there's several Watts loose in there (trying to burn up the switch?) but the Cera will be reduced to 'half power' with fresh batteries. So you'll get 4 minutes or so of modest performance per charge if you're lucky.

The Cube looks possible, but noting there seems to give any encouragement.

Altsmoke doesn't seem to know they make an Alpha (aside from their version of the AW 3100 mAh 18650 perhaps), but i reviewed the ones listed here:
http://altsmoke.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=altsmoke Alpha&x=14&y=10

The Omega is a possible, I've never seen it. The sliver bullet is reported to have switch issues at high currents and the Zmax (even if not mechanical) looks identical to one I tried which locks out on 'lo ohms'.

The BB sure looks like a mechanical mod to me but again offers no encouragement that is low loss and high current capable. The Bolt is advertised as a "bargain" and uses the same 'horn button' switch common to many of these guys, known to not keep up with the demand....although it could work for a while. It's also advertised as being suitable for five Volt use. I'm not sure if that's with one five Volt battery or two 2.5s....not that it matters since neither exist. Also something I don't find confidence inspiring.

And these are obscure things really. Far from the normal 510 supplies ('none' of which work for practical purposes). A guy already owning a 510 thread battery suitable to driving Cera would be rare indeed.

My opinion and advice, both based on actual experience and fairly extensive testing, stand. There aren't a lot of suitable non TV 510 supplies out there. You do know I've made several 510 to Cera adapters and tested them around a bit, right? I'm not really guessing.

Well that sounds better to me anyway.

Do u think that the cera mini or whatevers battery life will be comparable to the ultra or do you think more?

I agree. I expect that when TV sets out to make an adapter for the Ultra line they won't kluge something up, nothing like I did. They'll do what they did with T1, modify the 'adapter piece'. I agree, that would be simpler, more robust and have lower losses. As long as you have to make a custom machined part anyway, this makes more sense and doesn't involve the insulators and pin a 510 adapter needs making is cheaper to make as well.

I believe they too realize what's on the market.

From what I've been told the mini Cera will win, it will use 18650s so it'll definitely outperform the Ultra's 14500. Last I heard it'll be a bit smaller, made of more conventional materials (back to taking lots of abuse), be lighter ('rides better in the pocket', something the e-cig guys are insisting on.....) and takes the same Cera carts.

Otherwise the last drawing I saw had a thumb operated switch up high to control power, not latching.

With any luck, well have some Beta units to chew over in a short time.

OF

OF

Is that a typo? How much smaller can they make the body using the same battery?

No, that's what I meant to say. I try to be careful with details so folks can use the information.

Since I've never seen one (I don't think anyone has) I can't answer the second question. The goal is to get it 'pocket friendly' for the e-cig guys (who carry them all day), weight is more important there I think. By way of insight, the TV guys seem to carry Ultra Max based vapes so I'd expect something along the lines of T1 size wise?

Remember, using that battery (18650) is something we 'demanded' for Cera? They abandoned that entire line when it became clear that the T1 could not be 'bored out' enough to add one more mm to the tube diameter I think. If that change (to 18650 from 17670) could have been implemented in the T1 format, I suspect they'd have done that rather than jump to Cera?

OF

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Got a rebuilt Core with new ceramics, a 4 hole thread base instead of the 2 hole thread base and rewired from SV to LV and its in the mail on the way to me, Turns out TET converted my newly acquired revolution core (window) to a Dart core as well (windowless)!
Should be here tomorrow !
Can't wait to try out this new Tahoe OG wax :freak:

:razz:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Got a rebuilt Core with new ceramics, a 4 hole thread base instead of the 2 hole thread base and rewired from SV to LV and its in the mail on the way to me, Turns out TET converted my newly acquired revolution core (window) to a Dart core as well (windowless)!
Should be here tomorrow !
Can't wait to try out this new Tahoe OG wax :freak:

:razz:
Did you have them rebuild it? Brand new ceramic or is it just cleaned really well? When i got mine back it was kinda grey but looked almost new. If its brand new did you have to ask for the new ceramic? And did you ask for them to change the 2 hole base to 4 hole base? I wish i thought to ask that when i just had my cart rebuilt. Kinda mad now

I cracked my dart and they rebuilt it with an AVA tube which also came back cracked but in an irrelevant spot...apparently travis had a hard time getting it to fit and cracked 5 or so ava tubes in the process and that was the best he could do. Anyway the point is that they have AVA tubes so if thats all they need to convert a rev to a dart you should be good to go

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Katysax
Did you have them rebuild it? Brand new ceramic or is it just cleaned really well? When i got mine back it was kinda grey but looked almost new. If its brand new did you have to ask for the new ceramic? And did you ask for them to change the 2 hole base to 4 hole base? I wish i thought to ask that when i just had my cart rebuilt. Kinda mad now

I cracked my dart and they rebuilt it with an AVA tube which also came back cracked but in an irrelevant spot...apparently travis had a hard time getting it to fit and cracked 5 or so ava tubes in the process and that was the best he could do. Anyway the point is that they have AVA tubes so if thats all they need to convert a rev to a dart you should be good to go

I think they do new ceramic. Not sure how they could've possible gotten my black ceramic pure white again.

kingofnull,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
I did ask for new pearly white ceramics, requested a 4 hole base as well as rewire from SV to LV & any other improvements that could be done to achieve maximum vapor.

TET replied: Would we be converting to dart as well?

& of course I replied yes.

Came in a Revolution tube with fresh white ceramics, 4 hole base and the engravings:
Thermovape
REVOLUTION
Made in USA (Serial no.)

Must've been a tube they had layin around. They did state they would change out the 2 hole base for the 4 hole base if they had any available. So supplies must be limited.
All for a very affordale price! Customer service was IMPECCABLE.
Thanks to All you guys on the ThermoVape Essence Technology Team! :cheers:

Top Bottom