Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I was talking to piggie about the TA4 after the last TA drop and he told me that the ball retaining screen has a left-hand thread so when you're taking the heater off the bowl you should be tightening the ball retaining screen on to the heater.
I will take a quick video but yeah the screw caught me the first time as the cap screws in the opposite direction than I expected, it makes sense that its the opposite direction to screwing on the bowl to make it easier to come apart.... just took me a minute to realize it.

TA4 looks to need possibly a leather wrap to remove the heater section? From my experience with the TA3, the screw can easily back out if you position a magnet incorrectly. This looks to be amplified with the TA4 having the full top as removable.
after a while I managed to get the screw on my TA3 to stay in place and not undo on the magnet, just took some effort

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Playing around with heating the TA4.

Since having the TA4, I have lowered where I heat on the TA3, increased how long I heat the TA3 by about 20% and I am getting great consistent results.

I’m currently using the cap as a reference as to when to stop heating the TA4, as the body of the TA4 is thinner than the cap, the body gets to a Cherry before the cap does, I’ve found that stopping when the cap turns Cherry is a good way to ensure a very solid roast.

In video

Singularity Walker

@VapingYogi TY for the pics and vids of the TA4. I know someone else asked about it but your pics/vids have helped cure my FOMO of buying the TA3 not waiting for TA4.
Overall I'm quite happy with the TA3. Still tweaking the Tempest Wand Adapter and my settings (trying for a good temp to hit a goal of 1 heat to timeout for Tempest, 2 heats to timeout for TA3).
My only complaint has been the screw makes it so the TA3 doesn't sit flat on the Reload, thus unstable. I may have to get the Magsink for the TA3.

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Overall I'm quite happy with the TA3. Still tweaking the Tempest Wand Adapter and my settings (trying for a good temp to hit a goal of 1 heat to timeout for Tempest, 2 heats to timeout for TA3).
On that note, the TA4 doesn't fit the Tempest wand adapter as an FYI

My only complaint has been the screw makes it so the TA3 doesn't sit flat on the Reload, thus unstable. I may have to get the Magsink for the TA3.
I use the magsink to cool the cap as its so quick, a few minutes and then Its back on the device for the next use

Singularity Walker

On that note, the TA4 doesn't fit the Tempest wand adapter as an FYI
TY for that heads up. You've cured any FOMO I had and made sure I don't make any mistakes at the same time. TY Again.

Edit: decided to add a second TA3 to the collection based on this as my usage would be with Tempest Wand Adapter exclusively.

Last edited:
Singularity Walker,
Reactions: VapingYogi

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
TY for that heads up. You've cured any FOMO I had and made sure I don't make any mistakes at the same time. TY Again.

Edit: decided to add a second TA3 to the collection based on this as my usage would be with Tempest Wand Adapter exclusively.
I am organizing a TA with a stem :) I really do find that these TA's give me the most easily repeatable access to the types of effects that I chase. It's literally 18 seconds and I am off.

jespar45

Finally finished my TA3 stem setup, I installed xl titanium condenser and TRWW e xl titanium cooling unit. I can now rip it natively without issue but where it really shines is thru water. I can now take monster hits and the vapor is really smooth and cool. Big improvement imo. Really enjoying this thing! It's become my favorite vape, it's really a masterpiece!

Top Bottom