There is life after CHS

Michelle

Hello. And yes, it's real. It's a monster and can destroy your life as you know it. I've smoked MJ daily for 40 years. I'm 58 years old and have struggled with CHS for several years. It got worse and worse and came on more often. I had my gall bladder taken out (at my own request) had all of the upper/lower GI tests several times, colonoscopy(s), drugs for nausea of all kinds and types. I spent a lot of good $$ for nothing. I became a legal medical MJ patient. Thought I was helping myself. I made hemp oil and added that to my daily meds. I was making myself sicker and sicker and didn't even know it. I'm a Christian and prayed a lot about this. God told me to cut back drastically or quit. I didn't do it. I LOVE WEED. I grow beautiful herb and live in Washington where it is now legal. I didn't want to quit. It was part of my identity and like I said, I love it. One night as I sat up miserable and in unbelievable pain the Spirit told me to look up "Toxic Marijuana". I put that into the search engine and found CHS. So you may think that I'm a Jesus freak. I don't care. I'm just here to help you to believe that this is real. Everything that I read, all of the studies and testimonies said the same thing: gotta quit. I was ready to try anything. I quit all forms of MJ. It was quite miraculous. No more sickness! SOOO, I thought that well one or two bongs in the evening couldn't hurt. Wrong. Bad sick again. Stopped again. After two weeks I had one bong, and you guessed it. Bad sick. I'm so tired of being sick that I just totally gave it up. It sucks because you know that I love it. BUT....I have kept busy and can get so much more done. I can do things and talk to people that I would avoid before because I was stoned. My life isn't centered around the next bongs. I can read and study again. I dream vividly and in living color now too. I can now sit with hubby as he tokes. It's SO WORTH IT to feel so great all of the time. I still have trouble sleeping and just got over the headaches. Funny though, it doesn't matter too much about the sleeplessness. I still seem to have lots of energy and hope that sleep will come again when my body cleans out.
It's up to you: is being deathly ill worth it? You can do it if I can. And LIFE IS GOOD!

Michelle,

McNerdius

god of nerds
I post this as a contrast, more than a response:

Everyone's body is different.

Without cannabis i would be having 10-15 epileptic seizures a day. (I have brain lesion.) I have tried dozens of prescriptions, in dozens of combinations. None approach the efficacy of cannabis. Before cannabis entered my life, i was not fully lucid as the vast majority of my life was spent in a postictal state. I would very likely be dead right now if not for cannabis.

1 Timothy 4:4-5 - For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.

We all need air, water, and food to survive. Fourth on that list in my case is seizure prevention. I am thankful that cannabis allows me to continue living, both physically and cognitively. AND LIFE IS GOOD !

God bless.

Michelle

I post this as a contrast, more than a response:

Everyone's body is different.

Without cannabis i would be having 10-15 epileptic seizures a day. (I have brain lesion.) I have tried dozens of prescriptions, in dozens of combinations. None approach the efficacy of cannabis. Before cannabis entered my life, i was not fully lucid as the vast majority of my life was spent in a postictal state. I would very likely be dead right now if not for cannabis.

1 Timothy 4:4-5 - For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.

We all need air, water, and food to survive. Fourth on that list in my case is seizure prevention. I am thankful that cannabis allows me to continue living, both physically and cognitively. AND LIFE IS GOOD !

God bless.

Michelle,

Michelle

I agree with you 100%. Cannabis is a gift from God to us. He gave all seed bearing herbs to us in Genesis and I have that posted in my grow house. It can help many many physical and mental issues. It is just toxic to some people unfortunately. I make honey elixir to control my cat's athsma. I use herb to make hemp oil for people in need. Hopefully the medical community will someday figure out the goodness of cannabis! Thanks for your reply and God bless you too!

Michelle,

justcametomind

CHS stands for?
If I search for "Toxic Marijuana" I find that Cannabis cures cancer in some ways, and if I search for "Toxic Marijuana"+CHS the first result is this thread :)
edit: looking at other threads I realized you are talking about Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome I think.

justcametomind,
Top Bottom