The Xena Contest Discussion Thread

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Ok, old guy needs a little help. I don't know how the multiquote thing works. I can't seem to make a copy of a whole post on a different thread and put it in the contest thread. If I try to copy and paste, it won't copy the poster title on top. Any help please?

edit: Got it. Thanks!

Last edited:
BabyFacedFinster,

Vaporware

I just hit +Quote at the bottom of the post I want to quote, go back to the contest thread and choose “Insert quotes...” in the bottom left of the box you’d normally type your post in.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Ok, old guy needs a little help. I don't know how the multiquote thing works. I can't seem to make a copy of a whole post on a different thread and put it in the contest thread. If I try to copy and paste, it won't copy the poster title on top. Any help please?
Just watch this short video. It explains step-by-step how to do it. ;)

:peace:

Vaporware

I found as quoted 2 posts with the same pic. The rules don’t seem to disallow it, but I wanted to get clarification for myself and anyone else who might find a pic that’s in multiple posts.

Those were unique posts, but you might also want to clarify whether you’re counting pics that are in quotes in other threads. If so, I’m assuming at least they’d have to be from before the contest started so no one can find one, quote it 4 times and then quote all 5 in the contest thread? :lol:

Vaporware,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Just watch this short video. It explains step-by-step how to do it. ;)

Sorry @Stu. If I actually watched the video, I would have seen that it was all explained so well. Got my five in too, Thanks!

Anyone have an idea of how many of these gold additions S&B actually made? These might be worth quite a bit in the future as a collector's piece if the run was very limited.

ChooChooCharlie

Hot damn, Stu

You spend half the year with Pak building an FC lifeboat, then moving threads, commenting, re-moving and undoing all that later...(No slight intended towards vtac -- he will always be FC's enigmatic founder, like Tom Forcade at High Times)

Stu, where do you find the energy, creativity and friggin joy to create this contest?

(That one with lions at river edge — even a rippled xena reflection in water!)

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I found as quoted 2 posts with the same pic. The rules don’t seem to disallow it, but I wanted to get clarification for myself and anyone else who might find a pic that’s in multiple posts.

Those were unique posts, but you might also want to clarify whether you’re counting pics that are in quotes in other threads. If so, I’m assuming at least they’d have to be from before the contest started so no one can find one, quote it 4 times and then quote all 5 in the contest thread? :lol:
There are several pictures that get re-posted throughout the threads. If you find a unique post that hasn't been Xenafied yet, it is fair game - even though the same pic might have been used from another post.

Stu, where do you find the energy, creativity and friggin joy to create this contest?
It started about a year ago when I had to teach myself photoshop. I thought I'd practice on an image or two here on FC and before I knew it there were hundreds of them and no one seemed to notice. At that point I figuered it'd make for a good contest and when I was told we'd have a golden Volcano to give away it seemed like a perfect opportunity to introduce Xena to the world. :p

Alexis

If they both found it and posted at exactly the same time, or within seconds or minutes, maybe an exception could be permitted?

But hey I don't make the rules around here thank god!

Alexis,
Reactions: Ramahs

blackstone

Wow they are getting more complicated and Xena is cleverly blended in soft focus way in the background, or black and white images too!
And that's a great sign that S&B acknowledge and appreciate this forum. I already liked the company and what they offer, but they just picked up two devices from me last week for small firmware or electronic fault RMA, my first return with them after nearly 6 years of great service, and now I learned that two brand new replacement devices are on the way to me already.
Just nice to know they are there to help should you need it, or even that they're maybe on here from time to time taking in peoples posts and input etc!

I will stay out of this competition too I think and give others a better chance. I won two super vapes here on FC pretty recently and as much as I'd love and cherish the Gold Volcano, it would be unfair if I was picked. Besides I have a Hybrid Volcano, and still have my Digit Volcano too!
Best of luck everybody, this is one sweet new year's present for someone to get!!

Morty

It started about a year ago when I had to teach myself photoshop.
I remember having to teack myself PS when CS2 first came out. This is way before they automated alot of the diffucult masking stuff. Seriously headache inducing shit. Honestly don't think I would of made it through it if it weren't for being high. 1,300 pages between both of these. :doh:

Reason #878,037 why cannabis is 👑 baby!

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Thanks @Stu, S & B, and the rest of the mod team for putting this together.
I really enjoyed going thru posts and finding my five entries for this contest. :)

Good luck, Good Health, and Happy Holidays, to all of yous!!

Top Bottom