The Voltage Keeper

Scott A

Damn sad to see this happen as he was assembling some decent components together when I got mine but you just cant hold on to peoples money for that long like this. I must have been in one of the last batches that went out and he actually sent it out within 2 weeks of my payment. Makes it harder and harder to trust online even in small communities like this one.

VoltageKeeper

Accessory Maker
Sorry folks, for some reason I stopped getting emails notifications from FC.

Truth be told, i'm going through a divorce right now and shit hit the fan. Pretty much last thing on my mind is VK. If there's any outstanding orders that want a refund let me know....

Should note that I never received any emails from anyone either, maybe stuff going to spam folder. There was never any ill-intent on my part, just life's issues. I'll try to check in on the forum in a few days to make sure everyone is taken care of.

Last edited:

VoltageKeeper

Accessory Maker
Shredder should already have his refund. Trying to reach out to RUDE BOY as well.

Thanks Snappo for reaching out to me outside the forum, he was able to get a hold of me when he realized the thread was blowing up.

VoltageKeeper

Accessory Maker
Heard back from RUDE BOY as well, and he's also taken care of.

I am thinking there may have been a pre-order that someone made, a partial payment, maybe $20-40, trying to track that person down as well to see what they wanna do. If you know who you are, please reach out to me.

I think the only other order is accounted for as well, so I hope there's no impression I had some huge backlog of orders I was holding onto! It was really only 2-3, and I'd stopped taking orders on the website because this type of situation is ultimately what I was hoping to avoid.

There is some truth to the fact that I did lose interest in making these, but i wouldn't read too much more into it than that. I went from combusting with fancy refillable butane lighters, to vaping, to dabbing, enails, all that, quitting almost completely, then starting up again with an absolute obsession with mod pens and vaping oils in pens....then getting sort of irritated by all that and went back to combusting again. So now I'm not even a vaping anymore, lol. Just a bubbler and a nice lighter...what has the world even come to?

I guess this was almost represented by the VK product line in some ways - when I made the VK nail, and later my VK Mod...none of these things I ever really sold in large quantity compared to the original VK, but, in many ways, it followed my passions. After my various VK projects, I went into video game modding, and later got back in to fishkeeping again....completely unrelated to the VK, but as you can see, my passions definitely lead me elsewhere, as this became more and more of a repetitive endeavor.

I certainly don't think I ever ripped anybody off, and I will of course still honor any warranty repairs or whatnot as time permits. Not sure what to make of the future of VK at this point - someone did reach out to me almost asking to be an assistant or maybe make em on comission, i'd consider this, but truth be told, I'm not sure I'll have the time anymore to do them myself, at least not for the foreseeable future.

JESUSgotNAILED

I am thinking there may have been a pre-order that someone made, a partial payment, maybe $20-40, trying to track that person down as well to see what they wanna do. If you know who you are, please reach out to me.

I put down $20 as a deposit in March, maybe I am the person you're thinking of? Was really looking forward to that blue/green combo man! I understand the situation though... the money is no big deal. Best of luck with getting through the divorce in one piece!

VoltageKeeper

Accessory Maker
I put down $20 as a deposit in March, maybe I am the person you're thinking of? Was really looking forward to that blue/green combo man! I understand the situation though... the money is no big deal. Best of luck with getting through the divorce in one piece!

If you're still wiling to wait, I'm still willing to make you one, but I don't want to promise any time frames at this point due to my living situation being so erratic right now, nor do I wanna make you feel like I'm keeping you on the hook for the money for no reason. It will likely not be until sometime after this divorce is settled, which could be a few months at the least. Let me know what you'd like to do.

JESUSgotNAILED

Yeah let's do that - I definitely don't feel like I'm being kept on the hook. Once things settle down if you can get to it - cool, if not that's fine too. A cheap dimmer has been good enough for me with the UD all this time... having a VVPS would be an extra bonus. I'm sure I will still be on here if/when the time comes so just message me.

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
Too bad he quit making these. :( I have one of the first ones and it has worked great almost daily for the last three years, maybe even more (can't quite remember at this point).

While looking at Ed's new WS vape on his site, I noticed that he must have dug up a couple of these units somewhere and is selling them on his site. I saw there were 2 left and BAM! Snatched the rest so I can make the ultimate Vaporizer setup, that is 3 different logs going with each one on a VVPS! :ko: :rockon::nod:

JJ420,

VoltageKeeper

Accessory Maker
I made a bunch of special units for Ed a while ago. I'm not sure I'd ever formally discussed it, as Ed's projects were still in the works at the time, but I'm guessing now that he is selling those units I'm probably OK to mention it! Hah. I've actually had an early prototype of his vape for well over a year now...seems like a lot has changed though. Don't think mine was titanium lol.

I'm still certainly capable of making them - i even have a ton of parts. It's just time. I don't have any, lol. If I ever do make them again, it'd probably be just putting them up for sale after they're already made and not really giving people any options anymore. That just got too ridiculous.

Last edited:

shredder

I made a bunch of special units for Ed a while ago. I'm not sure I'd ever formally discussed it, as Ed's projects were still in the works at the time, but I'm guessing now that he is selling those units I'm probably OK to mention it! Hah. I've actually had an early prototype of his vape for well over a year now...seems like a lot has changed though. Don't think mine was titanium lol.

I'm still certainly capable of making them - i even have a ton of parts. It's just time. I don't have any, lol. If I ever do make them again, it'd probably be just putting them up for sale after they're already made and not really giving people any options anymore. That just got too ridiculous.

I hope you have learned a lot, taking money and not shipping the product is unacceptable, that, and your disappearing act is no way to run a business.

shredder,

VoltageKeeper

Accessory Maker
I hope you have learned a lot, taking money and not shipping the product is unacceptable, that, and your disappearing act is no way to run a business.

No offense, but i'm not a child, and you're being kinda rude. Next time you want to start a one-man-show building electronic project boxes and your life turns to shit, let me know how well you handle it. Until you can put yourself into my shoes, I really don't need to hear your opinion. I'm not selling things anymore, and normally I'd brush it off and play nice guy, but give me a break. You're literally in here kicking a guy when he's down. I hope that makes you feel good as a person. From the very start you've been assuming the worst about me and literally saying things like "he will pay dearly" and that I "prey" on people. I'm sure you're a really nice guy too.

Regardless of any wrong doing I may have done, I don't think you're off the hook either. I hope you can see yourself from a outsider perspective and learn how to talk to people respectfully without making wild assumptions about them. Ever heard of hanlon's razor?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor

"Don't assume bad intentions over neglect and misunderstanding."

These things always had a wait time, and ultimately you got your money back, so I'm not really sure what your beef is at this point. Please just leave this thread if you don't have anything nice to say. I don't need harassment from a stranger.

Last edited:

Seren

Away with the fairies
if I ever do make them again, it'd probably be just putting them up for sale after they're already made and not really giving people any options anymore.

Well, I love my unit..... and would be stoked to have another.... Here's hoping you have some time to do that one day, when things have calmed down for you. More importantly, here's wishing you better times ahead, full of peace and happiness.

:cheers: :peace:

Top Bottom