• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Vape Critic / Vapelife Forum - Retired

Alexis

for me, I'm a little upset he's still shilling for Kandypens when it's now been proven they have had their credit card system hacked and thousands of cards stolen multiple times. Yet he's still promoting them in his discount store. Lessons never learned? Or too much profit to avoid?
You suggest Bud is knowingly and wittingly leading many horses to dirty, dangerous drinking water?

I just don't see him as being so morally unscupulous and clear conscienced.

But we all are (still) entitled to our own views fortunately.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
for me, I'm a little upset he's still shilling for Kandypens when it's now been proven they have had their credit card system hacked and thousands of cards stolen multiple times. Yet he's still promoting them in his discount store. Lessons never learned? Or too much profit to avoid?

I didn't hear this hack but even before that the dude who owned the company was like publicly shown to be evil for brevity and lack of a better word lol shilling for kandy pens IS a horrible look, no question, he has been in the industry long enough to be well aware...

dron19

What discount store are you referring to? I know there is a store in Cali that ripped off his name but that is not Bud's store.

dron19,

mc

What discount store are you referring to? I know there is a store in Cali that ripped off his name but that is not Bud's store.
It was the whole kandypens online store, for a year.

I warned bud REPEATEDLY it was happening. there's a record of this on the site, where at one point he told me to stop talking about it, that he knew the companies more than I could. A few months later it all came out.... This is not the first time they went through this, will not be the last.

mc,

dron19

@mc What discount store are you talking about? You said "Yet he's still promoting them in his discount store."
What discount store are you saying Bud owns?
I don't understand

and that Bud should have known Kandypens would/could have a data breech? Come on...
1,000-1,500 companies lose control of hundreds of thousands of users info A YEAR... but Bud should have known about this one company? He's a Vape Critic...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/d...2019-but-theres-some-good-news-too-2020-01-29

Last edited:

mc

@mc What discount store are you talking about? You said "Yet he's still promoting them in his discount store."
What discount store are you saying Bud owns?
I don't understand

and that Bud should have known Kandypens would/could have a data breech? Come on...
1,000-1,500 companies lose control of hundreds of thousands of users info A YEAR... but Bud should have known about this one company? He's a Vape Critic...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/d...2019-but-theres-some-good-news-too-2020-01-29
He has a "deals" tab at the top of his site with a kandypens ref link.

Here's the thread where I warn him again, for like the 50th time that kandypens was stealing credit cards.

He literally told me:
"↪Gman KP is fine give it a rest, every time you bring this shit up again you're just implying you don't trust me either and noone should, you dont deal with enough vape companies to know what youre talking about, i know them all."

Yet a few months later it comes out. He has still not apologized to me or thanked me for warning him this was coming. Yet it came and went, and he's still got the ref link up and I fear it weill happen again. I've given up at this point, buy at your own risk.

Last edited:

dron19

@mc A referral link.... now i know what you are talking about... it isn't a discount store... thank you for clarifying

dron19,

Alexis

He has a "deals" tab at the top of his site with a kandypens ref link.

Here's the thread where I warn him again, for like the 50th time that kandypens was stealing credit cards.

He literally told me:
"↪Gman KP is fine give it a rest, every time you bring this shit up again you're just implying you don't trust me either and noone should, you dont deal with enough vape companies to know what youre talking about, i know them all."

Yet a few months later it comes out. He has still not apologized to me or thanked me for warning him this was coming. Yet it came and went, and he's still got the ref link up and I fear it weill happen again. I've given up at this point, buy at your own risk.
This may be where the error in translation occured:

"Just a reminder in the past they have been super shaddy."

You spelt "shady" wrong, so Bud obviously would not have understood what you meant. To him, shaddy might mean something elde entirely.

Case closed! ;)

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
This may be where the error in translation occured:

"Just a reminder in the past they have been super shaddy."

You spelt "shady" wrong, so Bud obviously would not have understood what you meant. To him, shaddy might mean something elde entirely.

Case closed! ;)
good catch. my eyes read shabby, is different from shady.

mc

He knew of it, there was no missunderstanding. I was censored and people were robbed. Luckily most credit card companies will cover the theft but it's a pain to go through all that credit card change. I understand you consider him a friend, but you should be calling out your friends when they are doing somethign wrong. That's what real friends do.. Now maybe they have fixed their process again, but it's happened more than once. Fool me twice, right?

Last edited:

Cl4ud3

Bud asked Kandypens directly to look into what had happened and they assured him there was no shady business their side from whatever internal checks they did. What else was Bud supposed to do from there ? A company he'd worked with for many years and never had issue with told him something that was either untrue or they couldn't see how it was happening and believed it wasn't them.
You can call him naive maybe at a stretch for trusting them but that's about it.

mc

Bud asked Kandypens directly to look into what had happened and they assured him there was no shady business their side from whatever internal checks they did. What else was Bud supposed to do from there ? A company he'd worked with for many years and never had issue with told him something that was either untrue or they couldn't see how it was happening and believed it wasn't them.
You can call him naive maybe at a stretch for trusting them but that's about it.
After the second time I would have expected him to cut ties and find another product in it's place.

mc,

Alexis

After the second time I would have expected him to cut ties and find another product in it's place.
Making an error of judgement or a poor decision, with the clarity hindsight can bring, is different from lacking scrupal or deliberately turning a blind eye, knowing you are complicit in deceict.

I was only jesting about the mispelling. I didn't know it was you here, so I learnt that and glad to have done.

I did not follow the situatuon like you did, I know you ain't daft and that you pay attention to what's going on and being said.

So I'm in no place to discount what you are saying withiut knowing a lot more about it all.

But still I just can't fathom it that Bud would be so disengenuous.

@NewVape710 hello Edwyn do hope you are hilding good through time. Was really nice to see that lowly I should have the privilege of being notifed, let alone mentioned, by the great machinist.

Thanks veru much again for way back then so kindly helping me put my own Flowerpot order together, apprecieated forever.

Unfortunately the Flowerpot just wasn't tolerable for me, but it's in living room to mesmerise and delight friends and guests. So easy to wheel out the wooden tray from under the sofa, plug and let them play to heart's delight.

So it's an excellent bit of kit to have on hand and will be very useful over time.

Alexis,
Reactions: Shrike

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
I was only jesting on Alexis's catch. I'm not familiar with subject behind this thread. Thank you for the kind words @Alexis I'm thrilled to hear the flowerpot is still getting used even if it's not your personal daily driver. I wish you and your family well.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
He knew of it, there was no missunderstanding. I was censored and people were robbed. Luckily most credit card companies will cover the theft but it's a pain to go through all that credit card change. I understand you consider him a friend, but you should be calling out your friends when they are doing somethign wrong. That's what real friends do.. Now maybe they have fixed their process again, but it's happened more than once. Fool me twice, right?
Nah, I'm not Bud's "friend" in any way, not a fanboy, not even a member of his forum anymore, but Bud is not deceitful and you are absolutely jumping to conclusions. As @Cl4ud3 said, it's naivety or simply being too juiced up to realize or pay attention and the resulting neglect... Bud is a good human. If anything, he's good to a fault.

Edit: And please don't get me wrong, It sucks this happened to you (and others) and I don't blame you one bit for being pissed-off.

Last edited:

mc

The only issue I have is he told me to stop warning people when it was activly happening. I'm not blaming him for not knowing the truth, but I blame him for telling me to stop warning people. I don't want to turn this into a Bud bashing session, I was just stating why I was upset with him and why I think he should move away from that company. There are lots of great alternatives out there.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Shouldn't doing business with a company like Kandypens be on you?
As far as I've been aware, they have been considered a hawker of low-end products for as long as I've been aware of their existence.

No matter what a reviewer says, haven't we always known this? :shrug:

Last edited:

Alexis

Nah, I'm not Bud's "friend" in any way, not a fanboy, not even a member of his forum anymore, but Bud is not deceitful and you are absolutely jumping to conclusions. As @Cl4ud3 said, it's naivety or simply being too juiced up to realize or pay attention and the resulting neglect... Bud is a good human. If anything, he's good to a fault.

Edit: And please don't get me wrong, It sucks this happened to you (and others) and I don't blame you one bit for being pissed-off.
You said exactly what I feel and think. I try to be on alll sides here. Thanks for "sound"ing in.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Shouldn't doing business with a company like Kandypens be on you?
As far as I've been aware, they have been considered a hawker of low-end products for as long as I've been aware of their existence.

No matter what a reviewer says, haven't we always known this? :shrug:
as well, afair, Bud's really not a "wax guy"anyway and pretty vocal about that fact.... people want (beg for) reviews of cheap wax pens (even tho they're pretty much all the same and have been for years) and KP gives out pens and referral links like.... um.... candy... what do you expect the "reviewer" to do?

Top Bottom