The Transportation Solution

OO

Technical Skeptical
More and more people who I know directly or through friends are being arrested for possession of small amounts of cannabis when they travel to different states. I've shared my advice with them but they did not heed my warning.

The only way to go undetected is to make edibles, plain and simple, with edibles you will not get caught.

Do the smart thing, if you're traveling, always bring edibles instead of plant material.

OO,

djonkoman

for me it depends on the method of transportation
for example, tomorrow I will go to rome by plane, so I won't take anything weedrelated, I know there are a lot of checks on airports and I don't want to cause my travel company any trouble
but last year I've been to france over the road, and I just took a big bag full next to my laptop in my bag and I also took brownies and rolling papers(wich went missing, I suspect the hotel personnel since there was also hash missing from another room, and I believe there was also a camera missing somewhere, and we smoked with 2 of the waiters so there were stoners among the personnel)
but france is a schengenland just as the netherlands, wich means there are no borderpatrols(not standard at least, sometimes there are random checks for example around new year's eve they inspect traffic coming from belgium into the netherlands for illegal fireworks wich are legal in belgium but illegal here, and recently they've been stopping a lot of belgians coming from coffeeshops heading back to the border, and giving them huge fines for intent to smugling)

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I always imagined dogs would respond the same way to laced edibles as they do to hash or weed, am I mistaken?

OhTheAgony,

lepstadder

If you get busted with edibles in my state they weigh the food and charge you with the total wight of the food.

So if you have a pan of brownies or even just a couple fire crackers that could lead to a charge of possession with intent

ESPECIALLY if the brownies are cut up or if you have cookies

I appreciate your advise but traveling with shit is sketchy regardless

lepstadder,

djonkoman

OhTheAgony said:
I always imagined dogs would respond the same way to laced edibles as they do to hash or weed, am I mistaken?

according to 'never get busted again' (a dvd by an ex DEA-officer) the kind of dogs they use to train into drugdogs are the really fanatic ones that do everything for food and go crazy/wild when they smell wildlife/other dogs especialle female, so the dogs will smell it but the handler will think they react to the food

what part of the netherlands are you from btw? didn't want to go offtopic too much in the other thread and had nothing ontopic to say there :p
I myself am a proud frisian :p

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm not sure how OO will feel about going off-topic over here Djonkoman :lol:

But this is to much of coincidence not to respond to; I'm a born and raised Frisian and currently residing in the capital of the Provence myself!

De Vriendschap and Miami are the shops I get most of my stuff from, do you happen to use either of them? If not I strongly advice you to get some of that delicious Afghani weed they sell at De Vriendschap at the moment. It is extremely potent and compact, and the vapor that comes of it is soo deliciously dark-sweet, like brown sugar.

On topic: that is interesting. With some edibles I still think I can smell the mj in there somewhere, but as long as the dogs handler doesn't have a too sensitive nose that should work :)

OhTheAgony,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
OO said:
The only way to go undetected is to make edibles, plain and simple, with edibles you will not get caught.
Not true. The ONLY way to go undetected is not drive with the shit.

CombustionJunction,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Not necessarily true, there are other 'methods' that can be commonly used - you just have to think outside of the box. I have spoken to some rather 'popular' folks who are very well known and travel quite a bit. Some of these methods I have heard of are so simple it just defies logic. (But it works apparently)

AGBeer,
CombustionJunction said:
OO said:
Not true. The ONLY way to go undetected is not drive with the shit.

^Too True. Never had I've I ever had a cop ask to search my house haha

biojuggernaut,

salamanderfish

I suspect that potent compact edibles (truffles an the like), tinctures and concentrates travel much easier than actual flower. In my experience although they may smell somewhat, it is considerably less pungent than the smell of flower. It can also have the benefit of being less recognizable and more compact. -Not to mention more of a novelty

OO do you know of recipes for little durable non-perishable edibles? They have always seem like the most appealing variety of edibles to me. Recently after watching the past week of Cannabis Cure TV (there was an episode where Cure was eating edibles with a DJ) I have been thinking about this. I have I, however, have never actually tried making them.

After my SSV arrived my ABV production just went nuts so it is cumming time I think of this sort o thing.

salamanderfish,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
My edibles reek of weed/browns(ABV).

Any cop with a clue would know it's a medicated product, and that it's medicated with weed.

Best way to be safe? Keep your shit in your truck or locked glove box and KNOW YOUR RIGHTS. Or don't bring anything, but that's no fun.

aesthyrian,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Yup, "Officer, I know that you are just doing your job, but I don't consent to searches"
rinse. repeat.

check this out

http://flexyourrights.org/

the dvd they offer is kind of silly, saying things like "Under no circumstances should you ever talk back, raise your voice, or use profanity with a police officer. Being hostile with police is stupid and dangerous. You can't win that game."

DUH - but I digress, some people may not know that and it's nice that the info is available.

Mr. Herbgirl and I regularly travel across a major toll bridge to pick up. We go through a literal patchwork of LEOs from County to State to Highway to DOT and back again. Sometimes *GASP* with our kids in tow, because the guy we meet up with is a good friend and has boys about our kid's age - Often we make it into a family trip and eat dinner with them and then hit the park or go down the water to just hang out. we are such terrible parents.:rolleyes:

I have an airtight wire lock tea tin filled with lemon balm and labeled as such that i put the bag into. This gets put into either a grocery bag or some other cover in the back of the truck in the storage area and we have never had a problem - sometimes that shit is really stinky, but it never permeates the vehicle unless we forget the tin.

We've never given anybody a reason to pull us over, much less search the vehicle. This is not the kind of operation that you want to do with a broken taillight or a lead foot.

Just got insured again so am looking for a new p-doc who will work with me and give me 'the note' that allows me to use medically in MD without the $100 fine. That will make it way easier to get my medication and i won't have to worry about me or hubby navigating the LEO obstacle course.

be safe all!

herbgirl,
you from HJ herbgirl? Im stuck in PA with the strictist laws so i can relate. Tinctures are relatively small and inconspicuous. Its also helps that your car is utterly spotless when the officer comes to the window for the traffic violation. Any slight whiff and the police man will be sent into a blind fury like no other :|

biojuggernaut,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Nope, bio, people's republic of MD. I love this area and grew up here, can't beat being by on the water, but boy do the laws SUCK! No option to leave either because of dependent family and an established business.

herbgirl,

Nycdeisel

Im completely agree with herbgirl, since that information is now available, theres no excuse not to be up on it, especially if you are ever in similar situations(we all are at some point)

You should always be as inconspicuous as possible and you shouldnt ever give people reasons to suspect things like this, because one should be more careful and recognize the risk that driving in possession has its own set of risks.

as for myself. I prefer mason jars(smallest are 4oz jars) OR Space Case[SC] cylinder containers, which are air tight and light tight, and no funky plastic to leach bad tastes and other shit into your herbs.

When these are handled and sealed up properly, the outside of the container should have no smell or residue, and the fact that these containers are airtight will assure that odor doesnt permeate. Note that when using mason jars(aka canning jars) its a good idea to replace the lid and or band every once in a while to make sure they are doing the best job to stay air tight as possible! those parts can wear out over time.

Nycdeisel,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
^^i can so i have masons, lids and rings coming out the ears^^ don't have any four ouncers though, do they take a regular mouth lid? you can also get plastic lids for them that are less of a pia then the metal two piece ones. i use the plastic ones once i've popped open a processed jar and put it in the fridge, they can't be processed in a boiling water bath. although i've wondered if you could waterbath can cannabis to increase it's shelf life

all this talk of mason jars reminds me i need to go check my batches of pickles

herbgirl,
Top Bottom