The Toasty Top

Krahl

Every one seems very precious here that's for sure. I find this forum so odd that people don't like to say their opinion in case they upset another manufacturer. .
Makes it very hard for new people to figure out what's what

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I have been looking at the website on these and they look fantastic. As I am new to log vapes I am a little confused what I would have to buy to get going, , may i ask how these compare to other log vapes.

Thanks. The Toasty Top has gone through some changes over the years. It started out with a massive heat exchanger type of core and took around 45 minutes to reach vaporizing temperatures. After I discovered Heat Island Technology, the time to reach vaporizing temperature dropped to around 5 minutes. The weight and size of the core was also greatly reduced. As @Diggy Smalls says, that is where the magic happens. The Toasty Top is now supplied with a Heat Island stainless steel heater cover so that it performs exactly like a Heat Island. A stand is included with the TT so that it will set upright.
If you already have a 12v 1.5a or greater power supply, you may only need to purchase an extension cord with a right angle plug end. There are a number of roasting tube options that will work with the TT.
Send me an email to alan@toasty-top.com so I can get you on a waiting list to place an order.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I now use my toasty top more than my other Vapes, and it's the oldest of them. A new toy gets a lot of use from me. But after the dust is settled, the toasty top is my go to. Tonight I've decided to turn down the dial 8.4v with a gong to a small dry bubbler. It's just so tasty. It stretches the session out, too.
But, sometimes I keep it that low and use the stainless steel tip instead of glass. I get a couple pulls instead of one good pull at the higher temps.
I read the heat island thread and most of the content applies to the toasty top, I've found. But I really love the unique shape of this guy. I love to hold it while it's warm. Turn it in my hands.
I've been using it lately without a right angle plug and it works but it's not my preference. It sits unevenly on the stand in an unusual way. That doesn't bother me. However I am bothered by the straight plug when I use it. It sticks straight up, then the more I use it, the more the chord bends in the same place and weakens it.
I've finally ordered a replacement right angle plug and I can't wait for it to get here. New rule in the house, though. For every new item we get we get rid of two items. So I'll toss a bunch of old cables and random power bricks I haven't used in years and years.

Anyway, just wanted to shout it from a mountain top. I love my Toasty Top!

I dream of a toasty top that doesn't need a chord. But this new iheat invention has me very excited. I would love to be able to upgrade to the iheat and have a home or on the go option for vaporizing flower. But that would mean I would be getting rid of other vaporizes...
Not my Toasty Top. Never.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
My Toasty Top is a work in progress. I'm have fun plans for it. Here it is so far. I'm learning as I'm going, and I'm having fun. I think it looks pretty cool.
IMG_20170616_232222502_-_Edited.jpg

It has interesting coloring that it developed really quickly. It freaked me out a little at first. But it's very unique and I now like the coloring oddities. Also, it's developed a deeper orange color over the year that I've had it. It's only gotten more handsome over time I'm excited to see what it looks like this time next year!

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
The last few days I've been tearing off the smallest pieces I could from a bud until it very loosely fills the stainless steel tip. I crank my tt up with a variable power supply setup I got for my underdog, actually. So it can go up to 14.9! That is crazy hot with this baby! I turn it up that high and hold it close to my face. As soon as I feel warmth radiate out, I turn it down to 8.5-9v and take a flavor primer puff. I can usually hear a little crackle and then I stop. Inspect the load, it barely looks touched. Mash it up easily inside the bowl with a stir tool and the load drops way down in size. It barely fills a basket screen. Then I load it back on and take a super rich long pull.
Using this method it quickly milks up and I can pull all day long until the bubbler is empty of vapor and then the load is still light brown. Perfect extraction at around 9v! This is my sweet spot. I don't have a grinder anymore, but it makes me wish I did! Make that a super awesome low temp full extraction with tiny tiny amounts.

The Toasty Top is very powerful and very versatile. Time to unplug the TT and give my ankles and feet a good morning massage. I think I'll try to take some video of my Toasty Top milking up my glass. Cause pictures or it didn't happen?

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Nice ! @Diggy Smalls . I recall seeing a photo of your TT when just started
the engravings . Thank you for sharing the progress ! Looking swell!

Every one seems very precious here that's for sure. I find this forum so odd that people don't like to say their opinion in case they upset another manufacturer. .
Makes it very hard for new people to figure out what's what

Follow me , I tend to put manufacturer's on the spot, either it be customer service, attitude, product issues or whatever.

Truth is there is simply nothing bad to be said of Alan or his work. He is awesome and a vape wizard! Even Yoda ordered from Alan! The force is that strong with him!

I'm still on the list for a toasty top or maybe IHeat. Perhaps the only downfall with Alan is waitin for your turn but he is so cool that you can buy a Bamboo HI (heat island) from him for $50 to $65 dollars while you wait your turn his main products. My bamboo works sooo good (to me) that I don't really need a TT anymore. The portable Iheat would have more use for me. Can't afford them but want them both regardless. Good thing it ain't my turn yet lol

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
My Toasty Top is a work in progress. I'm have fun plans for it. Here it is so far. I'm learning as I'm going, and I'm having fun. I think it looks pretty cool.
IMG_20170616_232222502_-_Edited.jpg

It has interesting coloring that it developed really quickly. It freaked me out a little at first. But it's very unique and I now like the coloring oddities. Also, it's developed a deeper orange color over the year that I've had it. It's only gotten more handsome over time I'm excited to see what it looks like this time next year!

Thanks for posting the photo of your TT. It is aging well and becoming quite unique. Glad that you are still enjoying it. They have such a nice feel to them. Hope you will be enjoying an iHeat someday soon. They are so nice to use on a mod box. Sometimes it is nice not to have a cord.

@P.A.M. - Thanks so much for the kind words. Working as hard as I can to get through the waiting list a bit faster. I think you will really like the iHeat. It is my favorite new vaporizer.

@Vitolo - Very kind of you to say. Every vaporizer collection should include a Toasty Top.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
IMG_20171102_214400913.jpg

Stranger Things 2, a dry bubbler, the toasty top, and some fresh herb makes a perfect end to the day. Turned it down to 8.4 volts and got such rich and robust vapor.
I've really been enjoying the low temp vaping lately.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I have some really nice highly figured walnut blanks that came from 50 year old gun stock cutoffs, but none are large enough to make a full sized toasty top. They are large enough to make one with flat sides that would allow it to lay on its side rather than need a stand. Here is how it turned out.

hfwfstt1.jpeg

hfwfstt2.jpeg

hfwfstt3.jpeg

hfwfstt4.jpeg

The wood in top doesn't get any hotter than the wood on the bottom, so laying it on its side works perfectly well. The only down side is that it can't be used for aromatherapy. Other that that, it works just like a regular toasty top.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have some really nice highly figured walnut blanks that came from 50 year old gun stock cutoffs, but none are large enough to make a full sized toasty top. They are large enough to make one with flat sides that would allow it to lay on its side rather than need a stand. Here is how it turned out.

hfwfstt1.jpeg

hfwfstt2.jpeg

hfwfstt3.jpeg

hfwfstt4.jpeg

The wood in top doesn't get any hotter than the wood on the bottom, so laying it on its side works perfectly well. The only down side is that it can't be used for aromatherapy. Other that that, it works just like a regular toasty top.
That is so beautiful!

howie105

Hey folks, I am seriously thinking of another log type vape has anyone measured the load sizes of the Toasty Top options? TIA.

Last edited:
Top Bottom