• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Tasty Tube by Glass Charlie

davesmith

Glass Blower
Alright dudes I've finally got to the point where I want to offer my little glass vapes to the world.

First let me say the design is obviously inspired from the incredibly amazing Vaponic Vaporiser. I’ve been a huge fan of the Vaponic for years and it only seemed logical to me to make a bigger one. I also know I’m not the only person to have had the idea, as seen various makers building vapes in similar styles.

So I’ve played with the design for a while now and put out a few beta units. I’m confident the current design is ready for public consumption. I wont say it’s the final design as I’m always open to developments in the future. And already have a new unit in the testing phase.

Anyway enough waffle here are some pictures to wet your whistle….. oh and yes, that is a paper clip.

A4551-C31-A378-4888-9170-F90-C84-CAA142.jpg

032-E14-CE-6-D3-A-4-D68-93-B7-DAF504-CBC86-F.jpg

Sorry my camera skills leave something to be desired.

E5-A1-AEE4-5306-4-EA2-8-F59-CBA6-D956-D318.jpg

And videos paint a thousand pictures so a real time usage video for the FC gang. Filming this almost killed me 😂😂😂 bows big and heat retention is long!

Here’s a vague run down of the features:

-all glass errythang (except the paper clip)
-uses larger blowtorch lighters (creme brulee upwards)
-14mm water pipe adapter
-spikey direct draw mouthpiece
-large bowl capacity and heat retention
-hand made by me in the uk
-slaps like a wet salmon

So my initial batch will just be 20 units and I did promise I’d offer them up here before I post them on my Instagram or contact shops. I’m currently finishing off the first batch and they’ll be ready to ship the end of next week. If anyone here wants one early I’m just taking orders through DMs on here or IG.

Price is gonna be £60 plus postage for the kit as seen in the pictures. I am in the UK so international tracked and signed shipping will be about £15 I believe. Paypal is probably easiest but transfer to my uk bank account is also fine.

I will try to answer any questions in a timely fashion but bear with me I’m a stoned ass glassblower and I’m always busy as feck.

Big props to the FC family, hope you guys can dig the new vape and enjoy it as much as I do. I’ll post a load of usage tips and another cloudy video in a few days, lemme know what you lot think! Thanks for wooking!

-glass charlie

simba

@weedanwine
Nice work dude! And seems like it would be rude of me not to jump on this. I'll be in touch on insta to sort it out 👍🏽

davesmith

Glass Blower
Nice work dude! And seems like it would be rude of me not to jump on this. I'll be in touch on insta to sort it out 👍🏽

Wicked dude nice to see you on this platform too! Def hit me up ill write your name on the list now. Big up!

davesmith,
Reactions: simba

simba

@weedanwine
Wicked dude nice to see you on this platform too! Def hit me up ill write your name on the list now. Big up!
Yeah I mostly lurk on here, but gotta pop up for this. Only got a Vaponic recently and been getting into it, so this will be fun to play with.

davesmith

Glass Blower
Trust me do not sleep on this one! Deffo slaps! Heat retention is mad but still full of flava! Had the blessing of testing one of these a few months now! Will drop a video when I find a sec!

Appreciate that dude! Glad you liked the beta unit and that youre already on the list for the first drop! Filming usage videos is hard work 😅😅 ive got a couple lined up ill post soon as ive edited them!

Dreadvik

Appreciate that dude! Glad you liked the beta unit and that youre already on the list for the first drop! Filming usage videos is hard work 😅😅 ive got a couple lined up ill post soon as ive edited them!
Hehe I'm terrible at them even with a phone stand and light. As soon as I start the camera I panic too lol

Dreadvik,
Reactions: davesmith

davesmith

Glass Blower
A quick native usage video for you all.

Ive just completed all the parts for the first batch so these will be ready to ship by monday latest. Just need to do a quick bit of QC and we are good to go.

Any questions please dont hesistate to ask. Ill be making up a proper instructional video soon and will post it here once i do.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I've been looking forward to this vape for a while but that last vid has me dribbling! A large load with multiple hits from a single heatup is right up my street!

Good to see the flame colour changing, that's going to make a timer pointless after getting properly acquainted.

davesmith

Glass Blower
Alpha(?) units are ready to be shipped so anyone on the pre order list shouldve been contacted with payment details. Ive still got a few left so if anyone else is keen just DM me here or on IG and i can get you a unit.

A quick story,
Last night me and a close friend went for a big long walk and collected a (delicious) takeaway curry. After eating they were adamant they wanted a massive rip on the new vape, not only did they whitey, they had some weird narcolepsy and had to sit still and drink sweet tea for 2 hours before they felt normal again. So great testimony to how heavy hitting this fucker really is. Certainly made me smile.

Stay safe out there guys and i cant wait to see how you guys get on with these contraptions. Peace

DeadRabb1t

Company Rep
Err sorry for naff audio/setting/commentary/etc

Here's a couple of usage video's

Second run with with it

Jar'o'Plenty

Dead easy to use, I now only heat it just below the glass bowl area and then let it heatsoak for a few seconds. I added a screen as am lazy and don't like cleaning.

Flavour profile is amazing as you would expect from than amount of glass, am getting a nice mix of convection/ conduction from it and draw wise it's not the most free flowing but that works in its favour to keep the vapour density.

I'm well impressed and it definitely hits hard

Dreadvik

Err sorry for naff audio/setting/commentary/etc

Here's a couple of usage video's

Second run with with it

Jar'o'Plenty

Dead easy to use, I now only heat it just below the glass bowl area and then let it heatsoak for a few seconds. I added a screen as am lazy and don't like cleaning.

Flavour profile is amazing as you would expect from than amount of glass, am getting a nice mix of convection/ conduction from it and draw wise it's not the most free flowing but that works in its favour to keep the vapour density.

I'm well impressed and it definitely hits hard
Glad ya loving it man! I'm just dialing my production unit in now! Lol sleepy daze!

davesmith

Glass Blower
Big up to everyone whos scooped one so far and anyone making videos out there! @mods can we get this moved out of the “unreleased and upcomming” section as these are now live!. Thanks

Ps im about halfway through the first batch so if youve been sat on the fence nows a good time to DM me. Once the first batch is done I’ll be holding a little givaway for the initial supporters.

Thanks FC!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I'm still getting to grips with mine but I've had a couple of absolutely fantastic bowls out of it. I agree with @DeadRabb1t about aiming at the bottom of the bowl, I give the top of the test tube a little tickle but anything more and it gets a bit scorched which ruins the rest of the bowl. I've not combusted yet but I've been closer than I desire.

All in all its a fucking brilliant device for the money, and it's only getting better with each use.

Thanks @davesmith I'm really enjoying it :science:

simba

@weedanwine
So this is the second attempt at writing this, I'm not trusting the save draft function on here again 😂
I've been using this over a week now and think I've got a good idea of the capabilities of this vape and my thoughts.

So first off I've really been enjoying this, and it's great happenstance that I bought a Vaponic a few months ago, as this is a jumbo one. I found it very easy to pick up and get good hits straight away, and as Charlie said it's fairly forgiving heating wise.

For anyone looking for a microdosing efficiency machine, please look away now as this isn't it. This is a beast that can blast through your weed very quickly! Depending on you and your needs this might be ideal or not 🤷🏽‍♂️

The packing of the bowl can yield some different experiences, there's a lot of variation but as a rough guide.

Packed but lightly tamped - you can clear this easily in one
Packed and tamped firmly - you can have a much longer MTL style session
Packed hard - you can really go for the heat and blast this in one if you can handle it

I have mainly used it natively, I know it's probably aimed at being used more through a piece but anything to get that hand-to-mouth motion for me. It's quite big to use natively, although many of you folks love j hooks so this won't feel so bulky if you're into that, personally not a j hook fan. Heat-wise it never got too hot on the lips even though you can feel the heat further down the mouthpiece section.

As I said I've mainly used it natively, but did use it with glass and it was all good but I felt it's less hassle to use natively, also it was a bit tall on the glass piece I have. Pairing it with the right piece would solve that, and it would be a missed opportunity to not bundle with a purpose-made piece for this!

Flavour-wise it's almost not worth talking about, it's all-glass so you get what you expect, mega flavoursome hits! Although if you're like me and want to preserve the all-glass pathway and not use a screen, then you might get some bits flying back. I'd like to see another layer of the indents that make the bowl at a 90° offset which I think would help trap bits better.

Cleaning is super easy, I pour boiling water down the inner tube and mouthpiece and I'm done. I use a brush for the outer tube.

The main cons for me are the clip system and storage.

Now I like the idea of the clip system, having something with easy to source replacement parts is great, and having a paperclip is kinda fun. In practice though, it can be a little annoying. Potentially more of a problem with native use, but still had the clip pop off a few times when using it with glass.

Storing it is a bit of a pain too, I haven't found a good case for it yet. And even where to put it between sessions can be a little awkward. I am using the ridges on my ashtray, but it's not ideal, some kind of station would be good.

Charlie - you totally need to talk to Aezennwood about making a storage case for this, that could be a cool bundle! I'm currently trying to find a way to store and transport it to Product Earth.

You want to use it with a big torch so it can be a bit noisy when heating, not ideal if you're deep in a show. But screw trying to heat this with a smaller torch, it's not worth the hassle.

So is this going to be a daily driver for me? Not quite, but there's reasons. My main go-to is the Deskpod and the combination of the immediacy and efficiency of the Deskpod make it hard to replace. But I don't think I'll go more than a day or 2 without using the Vapchronic, it's definitely going to feature in my line up regularly. In the right situation it's perfect! If I need a big bowl vaped very quickly then this is what I'm choosing. Also it's a very easy vape to setup for others to use.

All in all I'm most glad I jumped on getting this!

Here's a real-time video of me hitting a bowl

And a pic of the resulting AVB

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So this is the second attempt at writing this, I'm not trusting the save draft function on here again 😂
I've been using this over a week now and think I've got a good idea of the capabilities of this vape and my thoughts.

So first off I've really been enjoying this, and it's great happenstance that I bought a Vaponic a few months ago, as this is a jumbo one. I found it very easy to pick up and get good hits straight away, and as Charlie said it's fairly forgiving heating wise.

For anyone looking for a microdosing efficiency machine, please look away now as this isn't it. This is a beast that can blast through your weed very quickly! Depending on you and your needs this might be ideal or not 🤷🏽‍♂️

The packing of the bowl can yield some different experiences, there's a lot of variation but as a rough guide.

Packed but lightly tamped - you can clear this easily in one
Packed and tamped firmly - you can have a much longer MTL style session
Packed hard - you can really go for the heat and blast this in one if you can handle it

I have mainly used it natively, I know it's probably aimed at being used more through a piece but anything to get that hand-to-mouth motion for me. It's quite big to use natively, although many of you folks love j hooks so this won't feel so bulky if you're into that, personally not a j hook fan. Heat-wise it never got too hot on the lips even though you can feel the heat further down the mouthpiece section.

As I said I've mainly used it natively, but did use it with glass and it was all good but I felt it's less hassle to use natively, also it was a bit tall on the glass piece I have. Pairing it with the right piece would solve that, and it would be a missed opportunity to not bundle with a purpose-made piece for this!

Flavour-wise it's almost not worth talking about, it's all-glass so you get what you expect, mega flavoursome hits! Although if you're like me and want to preserve the all-glass pathway and not use a screen, then you might get some bits flying back. I'd like to see another layer of the indents that make the bowl at a 90° offset which I think would help trap bits better.

Cleaning is super easy, I pour boiling water down the inner tube and mouthpiece and I'm done. I use a brush for the outer tube.

The main cons for me are the clip system and storage.

Now I like the idea of the clip system, having something with easy to source replacement parts is great, and having a paperclip is kinda fun. In practice though, it can be a little annoying. Potentially more of a problem with native use, but still had the clip pop off a few times when using it with glass.

Storing it is a bit of a pain too, I haven't found a good case for it yet. And even where to put it between sessions can be a little awkward. I am using the ridges on my ashtray, but it's not ideal, some kind of station would be good.

Charlie - you totally need to talk to Aezennwood about making a storage case for this, that could be a cool bundle! I'm currently trying to find a way to store and transport it to Product Earth.

You want to use it with a big torch so it can be a bit noisy when heating, not ideal if you're deep in a show. But screw trying to heat this with a smaller torch, it's not worth the hassle.

So is this going to be a daily driver for me? Not quite, but there's reasons. My main go-to is the Deskpod and the combination of the immediacy and efficiency of the Deskpod make it hard to replace. But I don't think I'll go more than a day or 2 without using the Vapchronic, it's definitely going to feature in my line up regularly. In the right situation it's perfect! If I need a big bowl vaped very quickly then this is what I'm choosing. Also it's a very easy vape to setup for others to use.

All in all I'm most glad I jumped on getting this!

Here's a real-time video of me hitting a bowl

And a pic of the resulting AVB

Those were some silky smooth jams :leaf:

GoldenBud

yeah the fact that the Vaponic's airflow/air inlet can interefere with your own fingers(!), was always the biggest problem for me. too big that it really requires a whole new vape... with thicker glass and without any Silicone or plastic at all (Near the air inlet) ...that's a great idea.... good luck, may grab one soon...

coolbreeze

There's a couple of these big glass vapes out now and it's sorta funny how they're basically old classics upsized for a new generation and as a result, taking off like rockets! I think it's the size and mass that makes them so much more attractive: bigger bowls, incredible heat retention, fantastic flavor, I guess they just hit a more satisfying spot. This one looks totally badass, similar to the one I have, and on that basis alone I would encourage anyone with an interest. Slammin' vapes!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Yeah, I agree @coolbreeze . A manual butane vape is a really fun experience. There is a little learning curve but when it's dialed in it's really satisfying. I'm enjoying the extra conduction compared to most of my other vapes, and it has much less impact on flavour than other conduction or hybrid vapes due to its pure all glass construction.

This is a really nice way to end the day, or at least be a part of that ritual. Highly recommended.

Esquire

Hey mods I believe this vape is now renamed to "The Tasty Tube by Glass Charlie"

George I watched your video earlier today when it popped up on my Youtube feed. Thank you for a great video and all the intel. Although I browse these forums regularly, I would not have known about this vape but not for your video. I love your content and hope to see more of it.

Can anyone estimate how long it takes for the glass to cool to the extent that it would not cause burns? That's my biggest concern with vapes like this, as I have kids, and if I use something at the end of the night, I want to be able to put it away so that my little ones don't stumble into my office at 7am and see something that they can't un-see. Thanks again George and thanks to the creator for this very cool and affordable convection piece.

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
George I watched your video earlier today when it popped up on my Youtube feed. Thank you for a great video and all the intel. Although I browse these forums regularly, I would not have known about this vape but not for your video. I love your content and hope to see more of it.

Can anyone estimate how long it takes for the glass to cool to the extent that it would not cause burns? That's my biggest concern with vapes like this, as I have kids, and if I use something at the end of the night, I want to be able to put it away so that my little ones don't stumble into my office at 7am and see something that they can't un-see. Thanks again George and thanks to the creator for this very cool and affordable convection piece.
Just guessing, I will time it later and confirm, but I think it only takes less than 5 mins to cool fully enough to be able to put it away.

Thanks so much for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoy the videos! We're really struggling to get views now with the YouTube age restrictions and algorithm nonsense so I'm glad to hear we're getting seen! Please like and share as much as you can it really helps.

davesmith

Glass Blower
Hey mods I believe this vape is now renamed to "The Tasty Tube by Glass Charlie"

Thanks you so much for the video I'm glad you guys dig it as much as I do! And thank you @mods for the name update on the thread.

I’ll try grab a video with some heat up/cool down times this evening for you guys

All the best FC fam,

Charlie

Top Bottom