Discontinued The Sublimator

dorkus_molorkus

Praise Jeebus common sense has prevailed. Hopefully some FC members will take the plunge soon!
I wonder if there will be a 220-240v model??

gimme, gimme, gimmee!

dorkus_molorkus,
Reactions: Tweek

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
We can add some more info on the Sublimator, on our website there is a diagram showing the process of how the Sublimator works.
https://www.planetvape.ca/sublimator-apollo-adapt-a-bong.html

Sublimation or not, in our opinion there is a lot more going on here than just vaporization. The Sublimator will rock the foundation of what you thought was possible from your medicinal herbs.

PV

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
@ PlanetVape -do you have any idea what temperature the air is heated to before hitting the herb? Or how hot the stainless steel vessel gets?

Hippie Dickie,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
What I do not understand is if you need a separate power supply for the adapt-a-bong kit? I know the big kits come with that box supply, but I can't figure if you get the power adapter for $499 or not.

Slightly Medicated,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
What I do not understand is if you need a separate power supply for the adapt-a-bong kit? I know the big kits come with that box supply, but I can't figure if you get the power adapter for $499 or not.

It does display the power cord so I assume it would have to include the power supply as well. The analog version of the Sublimator requires a flame to operate. Which I don't think is referred to as the "adapt-a-bong" kit.

Edit: I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall a figure given by someone, possibly Enrico? "For every 10 grams of herb run through the Sublimator, you will reclaim approximately 1 gram of oil." Anyone else remember such a statement?

VaporEyes,

PlanetHaze

Retailer
@ PlanetVape -do you have any idea what temperature the air is heated to before hitting the herb? Or how hot the stainless steel vessel gets?
The temperature is adjustable, the power cord has a built in control wheel very similar to the one on the Magic-Flight Power Adapter. No markings on it though, you can add your own once you find your sweet spot. There is no power adapter needed, it has a normal lamp cord with a two prong plug at the end. That means for now international users on 220-240volts will need a step down transformer to 110volts.

Sublimator recommends starting at about the 50% power range for dried herbs and a little higher for extracts. Not sure about the temp ranges, but we do know that traditional thoughts about temp ranges do not apply to the science involved with the Sublimator.

does it have different temp settings?

when's the expected release date?
It is being released as we speak, we already have a single unit for "testing" purposes.

The Sublimator is 100% made in Canada in Quebec and it is machined beautifully out of surgical stainless steel, don't quote us, but think it comes with a 10 year warranty, will need to double check that.

Breathemetal

Are you going to carry the other "models" as seen on the official site?

That smaller complete kit is pretty badass...the "High On Gear Kit"

Breathemetal,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Are you going to carry the other "models" as seen on the official site?

That smaller complete kit is pretty badass...the "High On Gear Kit"

This was addressed here.
But to answer your question, yes, they will indeed have all current and future equipment and accessories. :nod:

VaporEyes,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Honestly..... He had me hooked the first time I went on his original website and seen the names Apollo, Saturn, sputnik, Mercury, wait where did Saturn go? Did he rename it to Space travel kit? Not to mention that It looks machine shop sexy and belongs on my table.And all the video evidence that I have seen on this shows that it is a solid performer giving huge clouds. Anyway I'm happy he has decided to give us another go Thanks pak! :tup:

1_gr8_underdog,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

Tweek

...Edit: I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall a figure given by someone, possibly Enrico? "For every 10 grams of herb run through the Sublimator, you will reclaim approximately 1 gram of oil." Anyone else remember such a statement?

I like the sound of that if it's true :nod:

Tweek,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, I don't know. I agree with SLim on this one. If the inventor/manufacturer ONLY claimed he had built a better vaporizer, then I'd be more inclined to be interested. But when someone claims they have made a 'sublimater', then that is a different story.

When you claim to have done something that nobody else has accomplished, AND that is YOUR main selling point, then you need to explain the process. if you can't explain it, then it's not going to go over well here.

That said, I also agree that we all need to be more tolerant and NICE to each other here, and to new vendors, etc. What if SM started talking about how good the Cloud was years ago and we dismissed him and his new company?

Albeit, SM only claimed to make a great vape for glass enthusiasts, not invent a new process for vaping flowers! I'll be watching this, but if I can't ask about the sublimation claims or even mention that the main selling point may be bogus, then I won't be joining the conversation here.

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Albeit, SM only claimed to make a great vape for glass enthusiasts, not invent a new process for vaping flowers! I'll be watching this, but if I can't ask about the sublimation claims or even mention that the main selling point may be bogus, then I won't be joining the conversation here.

At this point though, I think everyone is aware that the Sublimator doesn't employ the process that it's name implies. What we don't know is, is what exactly is occurring in the heating chamber and how it's "different" from vaporization. PlanetVape is an authorized dealer of the Sublimator, and as far as I'm aware, they have good standing within our community. So if they're carrying this product, it can't be all that bad. :p

PlanetHaze

Retailer
We see your point Tstat. Normally we would agree with you, but once you try a Sublimator you too will agree it is not a vaporizer. There is more going on to be be able to do what it does than what vaporizers are capable of. If we were the inventor and poured 5 years of our passion in to developing the Sublimator, we would not give a detailed description of the process either, merely to protect our intellectual property from being copied.

There are many videos now done by respectable reviewers with a lot of experience testing other devices, who all agree on the Sublimator giving a new experience on the consumption of medicinal flowers/extracts. As the products are just now becoming available there will soon be a lot more videos available.

These are a few by Remo the Urban Grower who has currently 571 videos of reviews etc.

We hope you will still participate in this thread and hopefully soon share your experience with a Sublimator to help others make the most of it.
PV

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Yea, I don't know. I agree with SLim on this one. If the inventor/manufacturer ONLY claimed he had built a better vaporizer, then I'd be more inclined to be interested. But when someone claims they have made a 'sublimater', then that is a different story.

When you claim to have done something that nobody else has accomplished, AND that is YOUR main selling point, then you need to explain the process. if you can't explain it, then it's not going to go over well here.

That said, I also agree that we all need to be more tolerant and NICE to each other here, and to new vendors, etc. What if SM started talking about how good the Cloud was years ago and we dismissed him and his new company?

I'll repeat this once more but I don't intend to do this over and over.

It might be a deal-killer to you that you think the inventor's explanation is incorrect. Fine, don't buy one. A lot of people (I'd bet most people) don't give a shit and just want to know if it works and how well. By now there are a lot of people with extensive vapourizing experience who have tried this device and we all agree that it works and it works really well. Someone like SliM should fall all over this thing, it does exactly what he wants—delivers a huge full-spectrum cloud of vapour in one big hit.

It's true I will not let questions about the process distract this thread. You can start a thread on the topic if you like, but don't derail this one. As for suggesting the main selling point is bogus, I'll pretend I didn't see that. You'd be wise to keep that one to yourself.

luchiano

We can add some more info on the Sublimator, on our website there is a diagram showing the process of how the Sublimator works.
https://www.planetvape.ca/sublimator-apollo-adapt-a-bong.html

Sublimation or not, in our opinion there is a lot more going on here than just vaporization. The Sublimator will rock the foundation of what you thought was possible from your medicinal herbs.

PV
So this IS a vaporizer due to the fact that the heater gets hot enough to boil off a good amount actives after a second or two of puffing, but the real difference is the atomizer, which forces the vapor to absorb a lot of air due to being small and being hot, which is probably why it "thickens" up so much quickly, and this is causing an adrenaline rush as the body perceives less air is coming into the body when you consider how hard you are pulling. We are not meant to absorb such thick air into our lungs, when it does our body thinks somethings is wrong, and goes into fight-flight mode/sympathetic nervous system activation. It seems this vaporizer is probably the best one out there if you want a good adrenaline rush with a little bit of the pure cannabis high, because most of the vapor is exhaled due to being so puffed up with regular air.

The only thing I don't like is not being able to know the temperature you're vaping at, because I would want to prevent as much oil/substances from being damaged from high heat as possible. For recreation use, this would be a good vaporizer to play with when you just want a quick blast, but for everyday use I don't know, it will most likely raise your tolerance too much due to adrenaline burnout which will lower your cerebral blood flow in the long run. It all depends on the price. If it is around $150 dollars, then I may get it. If it's more then that, there is no need as I can recreate this "full spectrum" release with vaporizers that are out now, with just using a high heat, loading a small bowl, and faster than normal inhale.

PlanetHaze

Retailer
That sounds like a reasonable explanation of some aspects of what might be occurring, but an adrenaline rush is very short lived, so it does not account for the longer lasting effects that the Sublimator gives over other vaporizers.
This is perfect for medical users, you can use any water tool that is sized to hold a volume capacity perfect for each individual, then pull to fill and lift off the bowl to clear giving you a repeatable, measured dose each time.
From our experience we wouldn't say that you need to pull very hard, with such a small amount of material in the bowl, it does not take much to pull the air through it.

This video explains some more of how the Sublimator works its magic:

luchiano

That sounds like a reasonable explanation of some aspects of what might be occurring, but an adrenaline rush is very short lived, so it does not account for the longer lasting effects that the Sublimator gives over other vaporizers.
This is perfect for medical users, you can use any water tool that is sized to hold a volume capacity perfect for each individual, then pull to fill and lift off the bowl to clear giving you a repeatable, measured dose each time.
From our experience we wouldn't say that you need to pull very hard, with such a small amount of material in the bowl, it does not take much to pull the air through it.

This video explains some more of how the Sublimator works its magic:
Adrenaline rush is the fast effect, and helping bring extra oxygen or vapor into" the brain, but if the vapor is in constant contact with hot air, as it is with the atomizer, some of the thc is oxidizing into cbn. This is probably why the "high" last a little while as cbn gives a lasting, sedative effect. I don't know if that is a good thing for medical use, especially when you see how much is exhaled if you don't force yourself to hold the vapor, due to so much hot air holding a lot of oxygen and other substances in the air.

Can you describe the high in total about an hour after inhaling through the sublimator?.

I wish I knew what temperature the heater is when everyone is trying it out, as this is VERY IMPORTANT, if you are comparing it to other vaporizers.

Top Bottom