The Sports Thread

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
This year it's a contest between two teams that I couldn't care less for.......I guess I'll root the Pats just cuz I don't like Eli's big stupid looking head

SF Giant,

hereatlast

Sorry your a steelers fan JD. Ouch.

Not sorry after JD's Brady comment, but certainly ouch. ;)

I agree though that the Giant's defense vs. the Pat's offense is the story of this game. Seriously though, if Gronkowski comes back strong......

hereatlast,

caseball2051

the giants could potentially blow this game out.

if they pressure brady, and eli doesnt committ more than 2 turnovers, the game is th giants.

and i lve in MA

caseball2051,

hereatlast

There are certainly a lot of potential "what if..." scenarios. I'll step away for now with a quick "go Pats!"

hereatlast,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Why is it I turn on the pregame and there is Obama . . . again . . .

t-dub,

collegerower

The pats will have me rooting for them all the way over here in australia! I am excited they broadcast the game live over here.

This will be my first Superbowl Monday,. Should be a good game.

collegerower,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
That was a great game.

I said earlier about the stop-start nature of american football seeming odd to an outsider but those last few minutes there showed how it can really add to the tension and build up to a big finish. Crazy to see a touchdown that was scored sort-of by mistake too!

I know that the commercials are a big thing of the whole day in the US but over here it was shown on the BBC which doesn't have any adverts at any time, meaning it was a 5 hour 5 minute straight non-stop broadcast with just three presenters - pretty good effort!

wilf789,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
What a bummer, Pats literally had that game in the palm of their hand. Welker choked BIG time, leading to a Branch choke, then guess what? Hernandez choked. All wide open to the endzone. Brady did his job, he must want to rip wes' heart out. I know I do. We absolutley should have won. Blew it. Giants did not deserve that win. :mad:

Ripbongs420,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
After hearing what Rodney Harrison said about the Tyree play (in which he honestly couldn't have covered the guy better) I feel terrible for Welker right now. Branch and Hernandez as well, but welker's play really did cost them the game.

Rodney said he was tormented for 6 months after the Tyree catch and he honestly couldn't have gotten his hands on Tyree more. Welker had the ball in his HANDS! Man I feel bad for that guy. He was on the verge of tears in the press conference and he's a STRONG willed guy.

Giants have always been a lucky lucky team though. As were the Pats in their Superbowl victories. This is just how the ball rolls in the NFL when its shaped like an egg :/.

Three fumbles though man and not a single recovery. couldn't have asked the Pats (31st ranked, always talked down to) defense to play a better game really.

MarcellusWiley,

collegerower

That was a tough loss for everyone who wanted the Pats to win. I never thought it would happen twice....

collegerower,

treecityrnd

That was pretty much my betting strategy rower. I really didn't think Belichick could lose that game twice, regardless of what his defense looked like this year. I was wrong. But so was vegas, so I don't feel that bad ;)

Is it March yet?

treecityrnd,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
coincidence that they havent won the big game since they got caught cheating? lol

JDSupreme,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Speaking of rape... did you see that Duke freshman just fuck NC in front of a shocked crowd? What a game.

Stu,

treecityrnd

The coach formerly known as Roy Williams is 9-11 vs. Puke. Hilarious. Grass ain't always greener...

Conference Tourneys start exactly 1 month from today. Then is Selection Sunday and off to the real races! I love this time of year! Is there any 2 days greater than the first round of the NCAA tourney? More people call in sick those 2 days of work than any other 2 days of the year combined. It should be a national holiday.

treecityrnd,

treecityrnd

WTF!
I'll bet you can find that on ESPN8, the Ocho.

"Bringing you seldom seen sports from around the globe since..."

treecityrnd,
Reactions: underdog
Top Bottom