The SmokeFreezer

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Anyone try this one yet? Looks like it was designed around smoke, but it seems many vapes could easily pair with this via the 14mm male joint...

It appears to have incredible cooling, it is tempting.
tecpipes.com

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
This actually does look very interested and at $199 not super terrible as far as bleeding edge hottest thing since sliced bread stoner tech goes. I'm not all about those mouthpiece options though, would be really cool to have it be another 14mm joint so you could use a glass mouthpiece for it. Really makes me wonder what could be done in this space combining 3D printed and PC cooling parts which this at least looks like.

710yota,

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
I'd like to see a diagram showing how it works, and how involved the cleaning process is.

Relaxed,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
It looks like a peltier device to me. Cold on one side, hot on the other. Cool off the hot side, in this case with a large active heatsink, and the cold side gets colder. Peltiers are very cheap and it makes me wonder what they have done to the base to justify this price point. I'm not sure I'd want a fan 6 inches from my ear when taking a toke though!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If it actually works as good as they claim, it would be awful for vaporizing.

The only way to cool vapor, is to lose vapor.

The boiling point and condensation point of a compound is the same temperature, once it falls below that, it is condensed and lost.

Based on ABV pictures, I say people often want those high temp compounds, whereas apparatuses like this would surely fractionate those out first. You see a similar conundrum with many "super vapes" which are so powerful they must be run through adequate cooling, which ironically steals much of the active compounds, leading to subdued effects and perpetual VAS.

Anybody can check the results of the classic study "In Vitro Validation Of Vaporizers" to see how substantial these losses can be. The Plenty was demonstrated to consistently lose ~25% of the goodies to the stainless steel whip. That's about 7 grams per ounce that never makes it to the lungs. I would absolutely love to see some metrics for vapor ran through a simple water pipe, I would assume losses of at least 33%.

It seems like a tough sell for all of the reasons smokers never wanted to try a vaporizer. People don't want to wait for a vape to heat up, seems like waiting for your bong to cool down to sub zero chilled temperatures would cause similar sentiments.

Hippie

What am I missing here? Isn't it just a pair of massive CPU heatsinks with refrigerator coolant inside like these?
http://nordic.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001823
I think I've still got one in an old PC somewhere
Cooling was very good in my old AMD Athlon 3700 machine, even without the fan fitted

If it's as cold as they're saying isn't it just gonna condense the vapour and clog up with reclaim all the time?

Relaxed

This Space For Rent

The only way to cool vapor, is to lose vapor.

The boiling point and condensation point of a compound is the same temperature, once it falls below that, it is condensed and lost.

Based on ABV pictures, I say people often want those high temp compounds, whereas apparatuses like this would surely fractionate those out first. You see a similar conundrum with many "super vapes" which are so powerful they must be run through adequate cooling, which ironically steals much of the active compounds, leading to subdued effects and perpetual VAS.

Anybody can check the results of the classic study "In Vitro Validation Of Vaporizers" to see how substantial these losses can be. The Plenty was demonstrated to consistently lose ~25% of the goodies to the stainless steel whip. That's about 7 grams per ounce that never makes it to the lungs. I would absolutely love to see some metrics for vapor ran through a simple water pipe, I would assume losses of at least 33%.

It seems like a tough sell for all of the reasons smokers never wanted to try a vaporizer. People don't want to wait for a vape to heat up, seems like waiting for your bong to cool down to sub zero chilled temperatures would cause similar sentiments.

Really good point.

Relaxed,

badbee

I completely agree. You also don't want sudden aggressive cooling, that will lead to maximum condensation sticking to the walls. It's better to have more gradual cooling to keep the vapor droplets tiny and suspended in the air stream.

badbee,
Top Bottom