The Simple Things In Life Are The Best

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
In the winter watching the hummingbirds drinking from the feeder. Letting me know that springs is close by.
In good weather being able to dry my sheets on the clothesline. Nothing better the feeling of sheets that dry by the air outside.
A brisk walk with the sunshine on my back and the fresh air on some wooded trail.
A warm summer walking barefoot in the sand on the beach (wet sand).
Watching the ocean.
Planting sweet pea seeds and watching them grow in early spring.
Baking cookies with my granddaughters.

What are your favorite simple things in life. It doesn't have to cost any money.

Sweet peas

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I'd have to firstly state the obvious....
Cannabis is one of the simple things that can be free.....
But most importantly, cannabis allows me to take pleasure in those fleeting moments of wonder (like your hummingbirds), that would have otherwise passed me by, in my busy life...

And for this, I am truly grateful to this wonderful flower....

It certainly makes me enjoy colour more...
And nature is full of colour...

Frozen, crisp, dry grass on a cold morning....
The rain that falls onto a well waxed car, forming patterns....

blackstone

I don't spend enough time enjoying these parts of FC, but just found this and it's a nice idea, got me thinking!
We don't see hummingbirds here at all really,
but like Kellya86 I stopped near a river once to take a vapor break from real life, and a kingfisher flew past!
It was my first time seeing one and it's not very common among people I know here. It was exciting and fun for the few seconds it passed.
Its unusual flight pattern and path drew me to look and I was rewarded with the most amazing blue streaks.
It feels like getting a gift when you see some wildlife.
I get excited about raptors too as they're rare here also, and when I meet my dad and report the sighting, it's so much fun to see how much he doubts me and writes it off as a crow and maybe vape related also ha!

I'm lucky to be able to get to some of these places to see nature, a bicycle helps. But I'm grateful that my body still works enough to turn the pedals for now!
Although a lot can be seen from a window too at times.

Squiby

For me the simple things in life are the sights and sounds of nature and the cool clean earth under my feet or slipping through my fingers.

I love to garden. Planting, nurturing and harvesting various medicinal herbs gives me a deep seated satisfaction. Combining those herbs to create all sorts of remedies makes me feel independent from my prior urban existance and prepared for come what may. Helping my neighbours with the scrapes, cuts and infections etc. of daily life brings me pleasure.

I am so grateful to be surrounded by forest and water and all the creatures that make their homes there. To drift off listening to nocturnal sounds and wake up to fresh air, blue skies and sunshine is for me, the ultimate joy.

Who knew that there was life outside the stately walls of the Corporation? Something else beyond those massive tinted windows and endless elevators? It only took me 40+ years or so. But I'm glad I finally found it...:)

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Today at work I had the pleasure of watching 3 red kites, majestically soaring above my head, riding the thermals with their huge wingspan....
At some points they were not far from my head, this really portrayed their size as it is....
Fucking huge....
We dont get many big birds here in the UK, and red kites were almost extinct not long ago...
After reintroducing then with a breeding program, they are now flourishing....

Today also happened to be the first nice sunny, spring day, we have had this year...

The bright orange kites against the bright blue sky was visually pleasing.....
I haven't vaped today either....
I don't need to be high to appreciate these things, but i think having cannabis in my life has tought me to appreciate these small wonders in life...

I find small pleasures like this almost everyday....
I can see me posting alot in this thread....
Thanks for making it @CarolKing....

Last edited:

BD9

Books and music. They both take me on journeys where I may have never gone before with out a passport and long lines at the airport. :)

I'm a porch/deck sitter. I love sitting outside and watching the birds at the feeders. A nice vape and a cup of tea in the morning watching the birds makes me happy.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Back again....

Today I am nearing completion of my latest job,
It's just a workshop for a client, but this is one of the little things in life that I take great pleasure in...
I am lucky to be paid for somthing I really enjoy doing....
GDcq1Qwh.jpg

It's nice to make people happy by doing a good job, at a fair price....

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Sitting in my chair I watched the most stunning sunset a few days ago. I had just vaped a couple of stems & sat for a good 40 minutes watching the colours change from yellow to orange to red to purple & back. It reminded me quite a bit of double mai tai glass. Absolutely mesmerising, no words could convey what I saw.

I also saw a very young Kookaburra sitting on my pool fence last Sunday. It was so small he must have just left the nest & he hung around in the afternoon sun trying to catch lizards & bees for a good 20 minutes. It was funny watching him fail over & over but you could see him learning from each one. Then he started trying to laugh & I knew I was seeing something very special & raw. I have never seen a baby Kookaburra in my life but I hope he grows up to be a big strong apex predator.

ander

Ahhh... I live for simple things. And "simple" rituals, like home baking for example.

The natural yeast, the beginning of it all: only flour, water, and a little spoon of honey
beginning.jpg

The loaves after 7 hours of leavening
before.jpg

After 50' of cooking
after.jpg

They were glued together... but it's a sweet divide...
division.jpg

I can not share the smell of this vapor... but I can share the recipe. ;)

Last edited:

lwien

Sunsets
Sunrises
Clouds
A childs laughter
An 80 to 90 year old couple walking hand in hand in the park
The smell of bread being freshly baked
Soaring falcons
Running
Sounds of the ocean
Cool breezes on a warm day
Butterflies
Hummingbirds
Climbing into a bed of flannel sheets and a down comforter on a cold winter night.
Stretching when vaped
Random thoughts of silliness that makes me laugh
Salt water aquariums
Watching an artist create

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I do talk a lot about biking or being out in the woods on hiking trails where can get caught up in exploring vista and unusual places on the way.

Sometimes, While biking, I can slow down at some town and eat a snack or meal at one of the local eateries :drool: and get into quiet people watching. Chilling with some coffee as the local folks interact. The smaller microcosm of small town life. The towns and intersections are close enough so there is enough points of interest to chain between those areas.

Or trying some ready to eat produce or cheese from a local farm or dairy. Then biking that last slope downhill before getting back home. Plug in the camera and watch the slideshow and movies of what I saw that day.:peace:

Top Bottom