• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Sandbox: Make test posts here

Hedonismbot

Can some kind soul here please help me with my experiment? My dream is to be able to post a live spreadsheet in a forum message Where all the readers would be able to play with it (edit) using their own local copies without disturbing the original spreadsheet or other readers. Does that make sense?

Well, I would love to be corrected if that is possible but I haven't figured out a way to do it.

So, my experiment is to link to a spreadsheet in Google Docs that is set to be shared and editable to anyone with a link. I put the link to "Hercules Power Spreadsheet" in my signature below. Could someone here that is comfortable with spreadsheets please try clicking on my link and tell me how it behaves? the only cells that are meant to be editable are in the column label "Ohms". So please try changing numbers in that column and see if the spreadsheet recalculates the other values. Supposedly you don't need a Google Docs account to do this. Are the changes you made saved so that the next person sees all the your changes? Can someone who does have a Google Docs account copy and paste this spreadsheet into thewir own account?

Thanks in advance for any help with my experiment! :science:

Hedo

edit: I added protection to the cells to the right of the ohms column since they are calculated. Please try to change those cells and let me know if you are blocked from doing so. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hedonismbot,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Can some kind soul here please help me with my experiment? My dream is to be able to post a live spreadsheet in a forum message Where all the readers would be able to play with it (edit) using their own local copies without disturbing the original spreadsheet or other readers. Does that make sense?

Well, I would love to be corrected if that is possible but I haven't figured out a way to do it.

So, my experiment is to link to a spreadsheet in Google Docs that is set to be shared and editable to anyone with a link. I put the link to "Hercules Power Spreadsheet" in my signature below. Could someone here that is comfortable with spreadsheets please try clicking on my link and tell me how it behaves? the only cells that are meant to be editable are in the column label "Ohms". So please try changing numbers in that column and see if the spreadsheet recalculates the other values. Supposedly you don't need a Google Docs account to do this. Are the changes you made saved so that the next person sees all the your changes? Can someone who does have a Google Docs account copy and paste this spreadsheet into thewir own account?

Thanks in advance for any help with my experiment! :science:

Hedo

edit: I added protection to the cells to the right of the ohms column since they are calculated. Please try to change those cells and let me know if you are blocked from doing so. Thanks.

It's weird. I added a new column and tried to copy the values from column F into it, but what actually wound up in the clipboard was the contents of column C (Ohms). I had to manually enter the values in my new column. It looks like I can change the values in column F (Amps) but none of the calculations change. As far as I can tell, the changes I made are saved and visible to everyone. I just undid them all.

Something is odd. You can test a lot of this yourself, by the way. Use two browsers, each signed in to different Google accounts, or one not signed in at all.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
got it

and I still have it

nope gone now

'

Last edited by a moderator:
cybrguy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, is this gonna work?

Thanks for a place to play. :)

Last edited:
cybrguy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
ru6x46.png

cybrguy,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It's weird. I added a new column and tried to copy the values from column F into it, but what actually wound up in the clipboard was the contents of column C (Ohms). I had to manually enter the values in my new column. It looks like I can change the values in column F (Amps) but none of the calculations change. As far as I can tell, the changes I made are saved and visible to everyone. I just undid them all.

Something is odd. You can test a lot of this yourself, by the way. Use two browsers, each signed in to different Google accounts, or one not signed in at all.

LV6T4by.jpg

Nosey, aren't you? :mad:

Beatles - Hey Bulldog

pakalolo,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Testing some Etsy script to see if I can add a gallery to my official thread (mods, feel free to delete)

Edit - nevermind, can't do it

Delta3DStudios,

EveryDayAmnesiac

Top Bottom