• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Ripper - Stainless Steel Grinder

Suki

Bought a Herb Ripper standard size 3 piece recently. I already owned a pucc, gleichdick and SCS mini before that.
I'm really happy with my purchase, it has the tightest tolerance of all my grinders and the grind is very even and consistent

Edit: I see multiple previous messages asking for EU sellers, I got mine through magic vaporizers sent from Germany, arrived in 2 days

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Bought a Herb Ripper standard size 3 piece recently. I already owned a pucc, gleichdick and SCS mini before that.
I'm really happy with my purchase, it has the tightest tolerance of all my grinders and the grind is very even and consistent

Edit: I see multiple previous messages asking for EU sellers, I got mine through magic vaporizers sent from Germany, arrived in 2 days
I think mine is 2.5"? It's still my number one over my BCG.

acstorfer,
Reactions: dimmusp

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
One thing I haven't seen mentioned enough is the convenience of it being dishwasher-safe. To be honest, it wasn't much of a selling point for me but now I'm delighted every time I take out out of the dw- it looks brand new, even a couple years in. Great feature, deserves more praise.

Recently I decided to try and polish the threads and rim rubbing surface; I got a $10 diamond-paste kit off azon and lapped both interfaces one afterrnoon, making it noticably smoother. I did the same at the magnet-magnet interface but it took the plating off the exposed magnet faces so I don't recommend that particular tweak.

GymWolf

Does this one lose flakes of metal with time?

My last pricey grinder was a slx and i was extremely disappointed to see fleaking after like 3 days of use...never used again of course.

I watched reviews online for santa cruz etc. And it seems like flaking is in order for any aluminium grinder? How is this okay?

Does being stainless steel prevent flaking?

GymWolf,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I haven't come across any people that made the switch from aluminum to ss over these concerns, who were disappointed afterwards. The 316 ss which this unit is made of is good quality. I've been using one (mini) since 2020 and it shows no noticeable signs of wear. Titanium would be another option, with some nice work to be found here: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/titanium-grinders-made-in-usa.50490/.

checkyourlibido

My last pricey grinder was a slx and i was extremely disappointed to see fleaking after like 3 days of use...never used again of course.

I watched reviews online for santa cruz etc. And it seems like flaking is in order for any aluminium grinder? How is this okay?

The Flowermill has stainless parts with an aluminum shell. That one was causing aluminum dust to go in the herb, for some. I have never heard of issues like that with this grinder.

I won't comment on performance differences on this thread. But I am curious to see what BCG does with their SS model.

GymWolf

The Flowermill has stainless parts with an aluminum shell. That one was causing aluminum dust to go in the herb, for some. I have never heard of issues like that with this grinder.

I won't comment on performance differences on this thread. But I am curious to see what BCG does with their SS model.
Unfortunately waiting for BCG here in europe is a non-option for now...

GymWolf,
Reactions: dimmusp

davesmith

Glass Blower

I bought one of these specifically because my blue santa cruz was flaking the blue anodising into my herb. Didn't notice for a while either which was gross.

The ripper seems to be much better with no fancy coatings. The only thing I have seen happen is the anodising (or coating) on the magnet flake off after cleaning with solvents etc. My magnets fine but I don't clean my grinder tbf.

So far I can highly recommend the ripper. I'd like a threadless ss ideally (think bc do one now) but tbh the rippers doing a much better job than my frankly shit santa cruz

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I bought one of these specifically because my blue santa cruz was flaking the blue anodising into my herb. Didn't notice for a while either which was gross.

The ripper seems to be much better with no fancy coatings. The only thing I have seen happen is the anodising (or coating) on the magnet flake off after cleaning with solvents etc. My magnets fine but I don't clean my grinder tbf.

So far I can highly recommend the ripper. I'd like a threadless ss ideally (think bc do one now) but tbh the rippers doing a much better job than my frankly shit santa cruz
BCG will be releasing their ss soon supposedly. There's the United Machining which is threadless. I have one somewhere which I ordered from his first batch and I have used maybe once or twice lol tho it's a very nice unit. Just too spacious for my use.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

GymWolf

Yeah i think i'm gonna buy this one even if it is stupidly pricey, almost 80 euros for a 5 cm grinder is not an easy pill to swollow but i always wanted an high end grinder since forever, i was obsessed with the santa cruz shredeer but this one seems at least on par.

GymWolf,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yeah i think i'm gonna buy this one even if it is stupidly pricey, almost 80 euros for a 5 cm grinder is not an easy pill to swollow but i always wanted an high end grinder since forever, i was obsessed with the santa cruz shredeer but this one seems at least on par.
Which one?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

GymWolf

Which one?
The ripper.

Although i was trying to buy both vaporizer and grinder from the same site with the same order but now the site that has the tinymight available only have shitty grinders so it may be necessary to do 2 orders from different places.
(I still have to chose the vaporizer first but the TM is slightly on top for now)

Last edited:
GymWolf,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

The ripper.

Although i was trying to buy both vaporizer and grinder from the same site with the same order but now the site that has the tinymight available only have shitty grinders so it may be necessary to do 2 orders from different places.
(I still have to chose the vaporizer first but the TM is slightly on top for now)
Where is it available for that price, the ripper?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

BleuEyedOne

STAINLESS CHILL BONG, STAINLESS RIPPER COMBO​

BleuEyedOne,
Top Bottom