Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadDog No

And on a happier note I continue to gather my essentials for the big arrival Tuesday. My 25Rs have been tricklecharged on my slicker than snot digital Nitecore, I figured out two workarounds for water while I wait for my 18/14. But not necessary...It's shipped!

Thank you for shopping with Oregonglassblower at http://www.oregonglassblower.com.

This automated e-mail serves as confirmation that your order has been shipped.

Shipping Summary
----------------

Invoice #: 0000001726

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty | Item # | Description | Date Shipped | Tracking #
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 | 14m/18m | 14/18mm Glass Adapter 14M/18M | 06/03/2016 | 9405 9096 9993 9994 1091 17

Special Instructions:
Another RBT Milaana customer from FC.

CaptVapor

I'm just gonna put this out there...

I've had nothing but great customer service from RBT himself. He threw my Zion batteries into my Milaana order, then a few weeks later when I broke my short stem I emailed him (since the stems weren't in stock anywhere) and he just sent me a new one for free. Like, it took 3 days to get to me and I was back in vape-business.

I keep my emails short and sweet and respectful and he takes care of me. Never had an issue with Ryan.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I'm just gonna put this out there...

I've had nothing but great customer service from RBT himself. He threw my Zion batteries into my Milaana order, then a few weeks later when I broke my short stem I emailed him (since the stems weren't in stock anywhere) and he just sent me a new one for free. Like, it took 3 days to get to me and I was back in vape-business.

I keep my emails short and sweet and respectful and he takes care of me. Never had an issue with Ryan.
+1 for me except I tend to call him names like bastard vape nazi in my emails

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Has anyone with a Zion pre-order order a milaana recently for the $129 price and receive it yet?

I'm getting to that point where I kinda want in on this party and that's a reasonable price for me to pay to get in. What I really wouldn't want is my Zion and Mi showing up at the same time as it is june now.

Is there any ETA?

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Has anyone with a Zion pre-order order a milaana recently for the $129 price and receive it yet?

I'm getting to that point where I kinda want in on this party and that's a reasonable price for me to pay to get in. What I really wouldn't want is my Zion and Mi showing up at the same time as it is june now.

Is there any ETA?
ETA for all Milaana pre-orders was shipping next week I believe so one or two more should go out the same week or the following I would think. At $129 I would do it in a heart beat, shit I ordered a second at $169 just cause I know I can resell it for close to if not the same price I paid since it will be more expensive from the retailers. Just my 2

Yesterday I mentioned some of my usage technique and talked about the screen in my WPA adapter for the Mi. Here are a couple pictures of the screen setup for those using this like @little maggie and @scottg402

In this picture you can see the screen that comes in the adapter pushed into the male joint. You can also see a silvery/white hue in the center...this is the reclaim glob I was talking about in yesterdays post.

In this picture you just see the dome side up RBT screen which is placed ontop of the screen that comes with the adapter. The edges collect some material so after a couple sessions I will use my tweezers to stir it out and I get another hit or two from those remains.

I carry my Milaana with me to work and I don't want to have a bunch of stuff in my pockets nor do I want five different bags to carry around so here is what I have come up with for now. I don't want to get crazy on finding a bag for the Milaana personally as I expect the Milaana to stay home more often once I get the Zion. For now, this works:

It is a thermos/bottle bag from a baby formula manufacturer. It's about 4" wide and from the picture you can see it is about 12" long and 3" deep.

Here you can see I have everything stowed away neatly. The Mi is in the black bag and batteries and doob tubes are below. The case is lined with cooler material which makes great padding.

The Milaana tucks away perfectly in its own little padded case with the long stem and a Peace stick. You can see I have adopted the guitar pic method that @Vape Dr. suggested. I don't typically keep a battery in the Mi, however I like that it works well as a stem lock as well. I use those orange tubes as doob tubes or whatever you call you stash box. I can fit 3-4 easily along with 2 battery cases which also allows me to carry one short stem for back up. Everything I need in one little bag!

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency

Is there any ETA?
Ryan told me the Zion pre order discounted Milaanas will ship out in 4 weeks (from about a week ago). We're last on the list (most recent orders) and old orders need to be shipped out still because he shut down the shop for a few weeks to adjust to all the feedback and make sure all issues are permanantly corrected. I'm really happy with how quickly the improvements are being made!

Moe_

Mixed a little flower and shatter together last night and got higher than I've been in a while. Loving Melania more and more every time I use it.
Thanks for putting words in my mouth man, and a veiled insult too, stand up guy you are
I didn't put words in your mouth. You edited your post after I quoted you before. Directly. Real stand up guy you are.

I'm sure a mod could confirm if they looked at the log. Guess I'll have to take a screen shot next time....

Don't accuse me of lying again.

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
stand up guy you are

Real stand up guy you are.
If you guys are going to have an insult contest, please do it via PM. These types of comments in the thread only lead to OT derails and further pissing. If you think a post breaks the rules, report it and don't comment about it in the thread. Reply to the member via PM if you must.

I didn't put words in your mouth. You edited your post after I quoted you before. Directly. Real stand up guy you are.

Yes his post was edited, but that's what the edit button is for. The edit he made didn't change the gist of his post, so I don't see anything out of the ordinary here. Everyone is free to edit their posts for six hours. I do it a lot.

:peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Mixed a little flower and shatter together last night and got higher than I've been in a while. Loving Melania more and more every time I use it.

I'm sure a mod could confirm if they looked at the log. Guess I'll have to take a screen shot next time....

Don't accuse me of lying again.

Yeah sorry about the insult, immature of me, but I just meant to say what you extrapolated from my post was wrong, not accuse anything. Nothing to do with the edit (I edit a ton) or the quote at all, wasn't literal... Nothing in my post said what you implied I said is all. Please don't interpet and represent my opinions thanks.

Now back to Milaana... sorry for wasting more time with this. I'm gone

TheRobbo

Ahhh nothing better than having a rain/sick day Saturday morning kids are watching tv and quiet :rockon: time for the weekend to begin :brow:
That last bit was code for grab Milaana and head out to the front verandah.
So I ripped off a nug and stuffed it in the long stem made a cup of coffee and im set!
So down to the sesh. Hit the button and start pulling straight away then start pulsing the button after a few seconds... ahhhh lovely low temp taaaaaaassssssttttttyyyyyyy
Vapor
After 3 hits like this I go to flip the nug and it just crumbles so I finish the job in my palm (argh! I only reallised how bad that sounds after I wrote it) I mean crumble fully in my palm and suck back up into basket. So easy to load/stir. After this the basket is about half full.
Now I preheat for about 2 and go again inverted for a fraction of a second.
In that time I felt the load compact a bit and added a noticeable amount of restriction.
This time I rode the power considerably harder and this time it was like a punch in the face :goon::rip:
I got 4 more of these so 6 hits in total all in about 8 minutes (counting from taking out the cupboard till it went back in) could have got a little more out of it I think but already had enough. And its so little weed who cares :shrug:
Sorry for rambling but it should be a testament to the effects. I know my tolerance is nothing but I still cant believe how little but I need in this thing :leaf:

ZC

Customer service seems to still be incredibly hit and miss at best - definitely the biggest weakeness for RBT as it has been since they started shipping units. I really think hiring a dedicated customer service rep would be a huge boon to the company seeing as though RBT seems to be too busy to provide consistently good/timely customer service.

I'm really loving this vape and I want RBT to succeed but it's really hard to recommend it to friends when there's a possibility their need for service won't be responded to for days or weeks.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Ryan told me the Zion pre order discounted Milaanas will ship out in 4 weeks (from about a week ago). We're last on the list (most recent orders) and old orders need to be shipped out still because he shut down the shop for a few weeks to adjust to all the feedback and make sure all issues are permanantly corrected. I'm really happy with how quickly the improvements are being made!

Yep, nope. Wont be picking one of these up then. Thanks AJS

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Not sure about you guys, but long waits for pre ordres, long turn around on repairs (JUST send a replacement at this stage to loyal FC members, just good business) and unanswered email leaves me insecure about my purchase. After dropping $600 on Mia's and expenses, send me a VAPE that works, and doesn't fall apart on me, literally. Sorry for rant, but educated consumers should know, and this thread should be about reality, not an RBT love fest, great product or not. I'M a loyal consumer, please treat me as.
Thank you.

JUST BECAUSE YOUR PRODUCT KICKS ASS, CS STILL MATTERS. CHIME IN RBT AND SET ME STRAIGHT.

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
So for y'all discussing the pros and cons of restricting airflow - I recalled some vid where Ryan was squirting VG into his herb, and just found it to share with a friend. While watching it I noticed that he's using his little finger to restrict Zion. I'm sure most of you smartie pants in here all saw it before, but I *just now* noticed it, and thought I'd share it. For some of you new to the trip Milaana wasn't the first stop, just the smallest :)

ctxgooner

gooner
I don't think that any new people who read this thread would call it an RBT "love fest"...... A Milaana love fest,but I have no opinion of the man whatsoever......I have not had any dealings with him and don't plan to.....my transaction went down pretty well all considered.......payed for my vape,waited an acceptable amount of time,had one short email convo with Sheila,received my Milaana,I haven't had any problems and I absolutely love my Milaana......if that makes me biased and a fan boy,I'm just not seeing it......
I wonder if some of you actually consider how you sound before you post some of the stuff you do???

little maggie

Not sure about you guys, but long waits for pre ordres, long turn around on repairs (JUST send a replacement at this stage to loyal FC members, just good business) and unanswered email leaves me insecure about my purchase. After dropping $600 on Mia's and expenses, send me a VAPE that works, and doesn't fall apart on me, literally. Sorry for rant, but educated consumers should know, and this thread should be about reality, not an RBT love fest, great product or not. I'M a loyal consumer, please treat me as.
Thank you.

JUST BECAUSE YOUR PRODUCT KICKS ASS, CS STILL MATTERS. CHIME IN RBT AND SET ME STRAIGHT.
I've had a more positive experience getting things sent to me. As for CS, one of the other product makers has the best around- totally responsive to people here. Still, I'm waiting for my order of 3 months ago.

Absolutely loving my Milaana now that my herb is finally cured (partially at least). I was a little worried that the short stem was going to cause me throat irritation, but as I refined my method (and my bud continues to cure) that concern has vanished. I'm getting tasty hits followed by huge rips with ease. And the result, man...I'm talking high-school stoned.

I am finding I like the same method I employed with my Firefly and again with the Zion: Draw at a steady rate until the heat hit the throat, then let off the power and continue to draw until the heat dissipates. Getting hits as small or large as I want with this method. I find consistently that, from room temp, a 5-second initial warmup will give the taste and a solid first hit. Then, 2-second warmup for a tasty and potentially bombastic second hit. Then, just power and rip from there.

In terms of pack, I like the screen cup inverted (not basket) with a full bowl lightly tamped with my pinkie. I agree that stirring isn't absolutely necessary but well worth it to get the most out of a session. I stir typically twice during a session, maybe three times if I am really wanting to get everything out of the herb.

One thing I have noticed, and it has been remarkably consistent as well, is the discernible difference I perceive when the battery hits 3.7v. Every time, I take that one hit and tell, "3.7," and I pop the batt in the charger and it's 3.7v. Had happened several times exactly like that. Perfect for me because that is exactly where I like to charge (3.5-3.7).

So many know I have been waiting for a concert vape. Is this it? With a caveat, I'd say without a doubt, yes. The caveat first: For the type of shows I go to -- relatively small venues, and I like to be on the rail, so conspicuous spot -- I can't see me being very comfortable using the Milaana unless security was just completely non-existent. It's a little bit too bulky to completely palm although if the venue allows vaping, it's doable with some stealth handling as it does rather resemble a box mod, except for the glass stem. However, it is nicely pocketable, especially with cargo pants, and since the heat-up is instantaneous, it's the perfect vape for ducking into a bathroom stall and taking a few hits with a Smoke buddy Jr. At a larger show where you can get lost in the crowd, I would use the Mi without hesitation.

Bottom line: Best portable vape I have owned yet. I'm in love.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Best portable vape I have owned yet. I'm in love.
Probably best vape I've owned yet. Next to the Vapman and Nano. Each a different role though.

from room temp, a 5-second initial warmup will give the taste and a solid first hit. Then, 2-second warmup for a tasty and potentially bombastic second hit. Then, just power and rip from there.
Seems that the longer we have our units, the more and more people are noticing that massive heat spike on the second hit. Definitely don't need a huge pre-heat on that one.

One thing I have noticed, and it has been remarkably consistent as well, is the discernible difference I perceive when the battery hits 3.7v. Every time, I take that one hit and tell, "3.7," and I pop the batt in the charger and it's 3.7v. Had happened several times exactly like that. Perfect for me because that is exactly where I like to charge (3.5-3.7).
So funny, I'm still charging around 3.9-4.0...lol. That's good to know that 3.7v is a solid dropoff point. Is this with all your batts or just one?

In terms of pack, I like the screen cup inverted (not basket) with a full bowl lightly tamped with my pinkie. I agree that stirring isn't absolutely necessary but well worth it to get the most out of a session. I stir typically twice during a session, maybe three times if I am really wanting to get everything out of the herb.
I still can't go away from my basket style. I enjoy it so much with how it vapes, how well it holds material, how much material, etc. I think there's so many ways to achieve awesome results with this vape, that it's pretty much just...effortlessly versatile (I had to, sorry zionites).
I don't always stir on the go. A lot of the time I'll dump it out into my hand and re-scoop. Takes like 3 seconds. Might spill a bit but when you're out and about it doesn't really matter, and it's only crumbs if anything.

I don't think that any new people who read this thread would call it an RBT "love fest"...... A Milaana love fest,but I have no opinion of the man whatsoever......I have not had any dealings with him and don't plan to.....my transaction went down pretty well all considered.......payed for my vape,waited an acceptable amount of time,had one short email convo with Sheila,received my Milaana,I haven't had any problems and I absolutely love my Milaana......if that makes me biased and a fan boy,I'm just not seeing it......

Every vape has a following of people who absolutely love the vape, not sure why Milaana lovers get so much hate. It's literally a portable Nano or LSV ... and a successful one at that. There's no gimmicks or jokes or exaggerations, it just rips, it does exactly what we think every hard hitting vape should do.

If someone doesn't want to push a button and have a log vape in their hand, that's their fault.

Shannock

I'm a few weeks in with my experience and I have to say I really enjoy it, I still can't get away without hotspots and stirring every hit to minimise the charred taste. I am currently using my screen dome style but close to the end, I weighed a load earlier at 0.06g and get 5 or 6 hits per load.

It is far and away the heaviest hitting battery powered vape I have tried and if I can tame the hotspot to preserve the flavour then all will be well!

I emailed Sheila a couple of weeks ago about my ill fitting stems, only 2 of the 4 I purchased fit properly without touching the bottom screen but have yet to have a response, is there a preferred way of making contact?

little maggie

I'm a few weeks in with my experience and I have to say I really enjoy it, I still can't get away without hotspots and stirring every hit to minimise the charred taste. I am currently using my screen dome style but close to the end, I weighed a load earlier at 0.06g and get 5 or 6 hits per load.

It is far and away the heaviest hitting battery powered vape I have tried and if I can tame the hotspot to preserve the flavour then all will be well!

I emailed Sheila a couple of weeks ago about my ill fitting stems, only 2 of the 4 I purchased fit properly without touching the bottom screen but have yet to have a response, is there a preferred way of making contact?

I've used the form on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom