Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just pulled the trigger on a milaana from the RBT site before they stopped selling them :) was going for a boundless CFX but for just a little more I feel like I made the right choice? Lol I love convection vapor and use a SSV as my daily driver, for about a year before that I used an e nano every day, from reading this thread I think this may be the perfect solution for me to get that clean convection vapor i get from my home units on the go. I'm very exited and feel like this is going to be game changing vape for me. I do have a couple questions maybe some of you could help me with. First I know a lot of people waited quite a while for they're vape, are people still waiting? What kind of wait am I in for? Also I only got a pay pal confirmation, is this normal? Or should I have gotten something from them. I figured I might just get a shipping notice when it goes out? Anyways thanks everyone and stay vaped!

Nice to see people taking advantage at the last minute while they still can! Wait shouldnt be too bad, I think there are just 12 Intnl orders still to ship, and now just a few more new US orders like yours. Likewise you will probably get shipping confirmation beforehand now. If you have PayPal confirmation youre all good

Milkytime

HELP!!

mine got combusted with and now there is a big black smoke dot on the inside where the heater screen is on whatever is under there, what do i got to do to get the yuck out of my device? am i just hosed forever?

Shit Snacks

HELP!!

mine got combusted with and now there is a big black smoke dot on the inside where the heater screen is on whatever is under there, what do i got to do to get the yuck out of my device? am i just hosed forever?

Invert the Milaana and scrub with an ISO damp qtip, it may take a few rounds or so of heat running through it before being fully neutralized, but it certainly should be fine. Just be sure to clean the glass stem and its screen fully

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
HELP!!

That is an appearance issue, nothing more. If there is no residual taste (and I'll be surprised if there is) then you don't need to worry.

Tommy10

Anyone done a refund claim of late? Says 5-10 days on the website but I have trouble believing anything coming from them. Would you receive an email when it's all cleared up? Or just have to keep checking accounts for a return of money?
I think the biggest issue for me right now may be that my unit could be in transit so I might request refund then it turns up, or some other unorganised clusterfuckery communication nightmare that I didn't think happened in the 21st century.

Milkytime

yeah scrubbed with iso and drained the rest of the battery on it i did see some burn off and it got less, but that was before i posted its still there. and when i draw from it native it still has the yuck, i guess ill scrub more and drain another battery on it. what is the material beneath the heater screen? that's what i cant get to to clean fully.

Milkytime,

Shit Snacks

yeah scrubbed with iso and drained the rest of the battery on it i did see some burn off and it got less, but that was before i posted its still there. and when i draw from it native it still has the yuck, i guess ill scrub more and drain another battery on it. what is the material beneath the heater screen? that's what i cant get to to clean fully.

The heater screen is like 3 steel mesh screens, then underneath is the steel heater... When you burn off, try drawing the hot air, taste may be uncomfortable but it should get better. You must have really ignited an ember, and had it loosely packed to fall onto the screen like that?

@Tommy10 he's supposed to be catching up on things this weekend, but since 12/24 already shipped yeah you may be too late. I wouldn't judge based on current CS hiccups, growing company etc... You really want out now?

Tommy10

Not sure if I want out now or not, I'm kind of torn. I still really want to try one of these, but I think the damage as been done.
No email reply still! I don't mind a bit of growing pains, but this is just taking the piss out of paying customers and I can't wrap my head around it. Still want to try one, at the same time could happily get a refund and forget that RBT was ever a thing... order a VonG get off FC, kill VAS and never preorder anything again I think! Or just get out much sooner when the writings on the wall.
For all of GH issues they still seem to be on the ball with replying considering the amount of units they have ordered.
We are talking about 3 emails, in two months unreplied while the man is frantically trying to send out 24!!!! Woodwork projects 24!. Growing pains would come with some growing, 24 units? And too busy to reply? I just really really realllllyyyyy do not understand what is going on here.

Has anyone on FC got the refund? Only thing holding me back is a hate paper work and looking through bank statements and all that other crap, and I'd imagine getting your money back off him would be torture! If giving it to him in the first place was such an unpleasant experience.

I personally think treating the customers right is number 1, I love a good boycott of a company and most of the time for less than this. Letting him have my money this long has already made me question my upbringing and moral fibre as it is!.... But like a said, I realllllly want to try one:(. Biggest moral dilemma of my cannabis consuming career.

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin
Many of you will hate me for this. So I apologize in advance... I cancelled the order a few weeks back and patiently waited for a PayPal refund which I never received. Instead, I recieved a shipping confirmation from Shiela and at that point I just confirmed.

Let me tell you this... It has quickly become my go to. I like it better than the Apollo I find the vapor to be very pleasant on my throat and not at all harsh. I cancelled my FF2 preorder and will be ordering a Zion instead.

Yup, you read that correct. I was so tried of waiting for Milaana that I had lost faith in the hype so I cancelled. Now that I have had it for a few days I can safely say that I do believe the hype and I need to secure a Zion ASAP before anything happens to this company.

It's worth the wait!

Tommy10

Many of you will hate me for this. So I apologize in advance... I cancelled the order a few weeks back and patiently waited for a PayPal refund which I never received. Instead, I recieved a shipping confirmation from Shiela and at that point I just confirmed.

Let me tell you this... It has quickly become my go to. I like it better than the Apollo I find the vapor to be very pleasant on my throat and not at all harsh. I cancelled my FF2 preorder and will be ordering a Zion instead.

Yup, you read that correct. I was so tried of waiting for Milaana that I had lost faith in the hype so I cancelled. Now that I have had it for a few days I can safely say that I do believe the hype and I need to secure a Zion ASAP before anything happens to this company.

It's worth the wait!

Hahaha! Oh dear, this is what I expected to hear (regards to ignoring of refund request, flavour of the month at RBT). So seems very likely my Mi could turn up before any refund? My shipping confirmation won't come first, because still no reply to the change of email message I sent ;). What a sloppy mess this all is, oh well if you don't laugh you cry I guess!

grokit

well-worn member
Has anybody noticed that the short stems are $12 and the long stems are $8 at the rbt store? I ordered a couple of short ones along with a sixer of screens, not complaining just seemed a little odd to me :uhh:

edit: I'm guessing that he gets them all in the long size, then has to cut & torch so that may explain it.

Last edited:

jim-bob

Hahaha! Oh dear, this is what I expected to hear (regards to ignoring of refund request, flavour of the month at RBT). So seems very likely my Mi could turn up before any refund? My shipping confirmation won't come first, because still no reply to the change of email message I sent ;). What a sloppy mess this all is, oh well if you don't laugh you cry I guess!
@Tommy10 - I have experience in these matters. I submitted a refund request in late february, and approximately twelve days later received an email from Paypal informing me that RBT had sent me a payment - it was exactly what I'd paid, so there were no fees or penalties. There was no communication beside the Paypal email.

About a month and a half later, I received an email on RBT's behalf informing me that they'd mistakenly shipped me a Milana. I was offered the opportunity to either repurchase the unit (at the lower price I'd originally paid, which was cool) or to have the shipment intercepted and returned to sender. I really am intrigued by this thing and have heard great things about its performance, but I just wasn't ok dealing with the company, so I chose option 2. The CS rep was absolutely cordial and professional throughout the exchange, so there's a chance things are turning around.

Hope this helps.

Shit Snacks

Are you saying that half the international orders have now been shipped? Meaning that parts/buttons have arrived and things are rolling again?

I don't know anything about the button/parts stuff, all I know is half were shipped yesterday or the day before.

Has anybody noticed that the short stems are $12 and the long stems are $8 at the rbt store? I ordered a couple of short ones along with a sixer of screens, not complaining just seemed a little odd to me :uhh:

edit: I'm guessing that he gets them all in the long size, then has to cut & torch so that may explain it.

Yupyup, cut and flame polish is what makes the medium and short stems cost more, long stems are standard, so we are paying for the work vs amount of glass

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@oog best move I ever made. I'm too high! Ordered # 2. Ordered a really cool battery tester (pocket size, tests Li Ion 18650's), also have a nitecore D4 to keep my 10 batts ready.

http://www.amazon.com/ZTS-Battery-T...psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Just PayPal, never got shipping notice, just appeared in 5 days.

Had a boundless cfx, traded it in, not in the same universe as Milaana! Nothing is.

ctxgooner

gooner
Here's the best compliment I can give.....I haven't used my e-nano since I pulled my Milaana out of the box Friday evening.......and after @flotntoke
I consider myself one of the biggest nano fanboys on here...... I'm not saying this will replace my nano,but I never thought I would find a portable that could match the high I get from my nano.....

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Here's the best compliment I can give.....I haven't used my e-nano since I pulled my Milaana out of the box Friday evening.......and after @flotntoke
I consider myself one of the biggest nano fanboys on here...... I'm not saying this will replace my nano,but I never thought I would find a portable that could match the high I get from my nano.....

I spent about a week leaving my nano sitting, too. Milaana thrill has dipped a little, and pulled out my home nano the other night. It's my daily driver and honestly was a welcome return.

Still loving my Milaana, though. It rocks wherever you are. Was nice to have today at mini golf. Almost took my VapCap instead, but glad I didn't. Wind picked up and it wouldn't have been too convenient/stealthy to use a jet lighter as things worked out. Milaana was perfect! Also had my short stem in Levis coin pocket with no trouble. Was easy enough to turn to outside of the course and hit away! Mi in front jeans pocket was visible, but could have just as easily been a pack of coffin nails. In between hits while putting I just dropped in back pocket. Glass stem stuck out a little, and I wouldn't go on a hike like this (or sit down!!), but was fine for short term holding and only obvious to someone taking a close look at my ass - unfortunately not a regular thing and less with each passing year. :myday:

Did combust today. Finally took the advice of a few here and flipped screen to basket style. Does get hotter faster, but smaller load and looks pretty messy in there because of dumped load sticking to screen instead of sliding out of glass. No worries! Was better all the way around and think this helped girlfriend get the hang of it a little better - even when she was freaking out about vaping so close to and in plain sight of others (some families at that).

I can see myself using screens either way depending on the situation and strain. After combustion, just cleaned out black center load using a key. Loaded a small couple-hit load that didn't taste great, but was OK. Next full load (back in the car) was just fine.

@Oogendoogan - think you're gonna love this thing!! The CS issues have been a non issue for me, and seems like the worst of it is over. I can kind of get stepping up to the SSV from nano for larger hits and less loading (though I still greatly prefer nano), but have found Mi can do either really well with a little practice and set up. Getting full convection out at mini golf, in the car - or even walking around the house untethered - is f'ing amazing! It's just a bit different than those two desktops, but it really is like having a log with no cord, and added super-heat control because of the button. Let off or stay on it as you like to control hits while you're hitting.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Yeah this thing is pretty ridiculous. I've barely checked this thread since getting my unit because I'm just so satisfied. Waited months for this, and obviously was worth it.
It sorta...isn't even fair. I get LSV sized rips in the palm of my hand, without a cord. It's so simple, so convenient. The bowls clear easy, it's great at hitting and putting away for 30 minutes then hitting again. Doesn't lose flavor, and is super easy to heat back up so no issues there. Most vapes, I have an issue with letting herb cool between hits, but this heater is just so powerful that it doesn't even matter and works perfect. I'll have 1 basket last me for three separate seshes, just two or three huge hits, put away, good to go.

HD Springer

It's crazy to see no matter how much people want to hate this Rbt tech the tech just won't let you. The functionality of these vapes will instantly get you thinking what's the hurry. It's all good. Take more of my $,who cares when the sun will shine in Zion land again. The only things changed is Rbt is Finally getting his company up and running and he was Finally able to make deliveries. He probably should have hired Sheila first before the mi shipped(maybe he did who knows). But live and learn and that's how Rbt seems to love to live.

AJS

Calm Consistency
It's crazy to see no matter how much people want to hate this Rbt tech the tech just won't let you. The functionality of these vapes will instantly get you thinking what's the hurry. It's all good. Take more of my $,who cares when the sun will shine in Zion land again. The only things changed is Rbt is Finally getting his company up and running and he was Finally able to make deliveries. He probably should have hired Sheila first before the mi shipped(maybe he did who knows). But live and learn and that's how Rbt seems to love to live.
Yeah Sheila was an incredible investment. I think with his new crew, Milaana's will get built very easily and leave a lot of room for making zions!

Tommy10

Don't think it's RBT tech anyone wants to hate, but RBT. The tech we are all waiting to test its awesomeness, and rest assured if I hate it you'll know, but I do very well doubt I'll hate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom