Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This looks like a cool vape (maybe from a not-so-cool maker?)

But I still want to try it! Do we know why PlanetVape is so much more expensive:
http://www.planetvape.ca/milaana-vaporizer.html

than here:
http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/apps/webstore/products/show/6217332

It looks like they include the same things, is one faster shipping?

RBT store is a limited sale price until May 11ish I think, not sure when exactly, then it will switch to wholesale only. I'm sure planetvape and other retailers will offer sales and such as well

I do know retail kit will come with a free i2 charger and maybe two batteries vs just one and no charger in the cheaper early pre order units. Not sure about a unit purchased from RBT now but I'd buy a digital charger anyway just to be safe and bc theyre useful (as is two)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola FC:
Milanesa been performing very well. I introduced it to some combusters friends and they were happy with the buzz...
I'm using now, under the SS mesh on the air intake, both sides of one cheap Q-tip cotton, to create more of a restricted path. It was too airy for me. And I believe, I could be biased, I am puffing thicker clouds.

On the good side ,things are very well.

On the interesting side...
battery life and switching batts, having to be cautious about how far you can push them, etc etc,
can be a little bit annoying for some, and a little bit daunting for others on the go, as a truly portable. People would need to really pay a little bit more attention to batteries and their life. I'll probably need to buy an smart 4 bay batt charger to avoid future problems. I believe I'm killing all my batts now because of heavy testing and cheapo red/green light dual charger. And I can see heavy use on Milanesa in the near future. I just scored real flowers, no more vaping reclaim and flat rosin buds.
Batts can be expensive in the long run too... Do you guys can read battery voltage in an eVic-VTC Mini??
I tried to understand the manual of my mod, but still Chinese to me... If it's possible, it will help at the moment till the new charger arrives.

On the concern side...
The 18F glass on Milanesa is starting to wiggle, a little up and down , and sideways. I'm not letting anyone use it anymore unless they are fellow vaporists knowing their doings. I have some questions too...
Is that 18F glass piece attached to something that can break/tear/rip etc etc the heater, if dislodged from Milaana wood body somehow???
Also, I read on the Warranty section at RBT website, that you can use epoxy or instant glue for the glass...
Have someone done that already??? Is there a recommended instant glue, epoxy etc etc for the Milaana???
Safe wise I mean... As I'm seeing, that air intake runs next to the glue that come from stock. I can't feel sense anything from it.
If someone knows what's the best glue, please post and tag me. I'd like to glue it back asap.
Will I need to remove the 18F glass from the body to reglue it???
In my opinon, if you guys aren't experiencing any of this, I'd try to use and smudge some of the useable glue asap to prevent this from happening to you guys...
I can see it as a problem in the future of the units...
Heat + wood, expands/contracts, right???
Glue hardens and brittle with heat, right???
And Glass with hard brittle glue, and wood don't like each other, right???
This could be a little design flaw.
I wonder if little wood chips can be pushed/softly hammered in between the 18F glass and the Milaana body...
Would it be the same or worst?? Would it be too much pressure/stress in the glass.

Heavy usage and water tool use, people that are too stoned or drunk, people that don't know where the stress points are and push the stem with a finger while drawing, BIG NO NO, I saw one of my combusters friends doing that and I was like, please don't use your fat thumb to rest in the stem, please jajajjaja
People or myself, sometimes do weird faces and Milaana motions while drawing hard.... jajajaja, I believe those contortions with your hand while stem still attached and drawing a big choking cloud are a NO NO :rofl:

I believe short stem usage puts less stress in the glass joints because I put more attention and heat is stronger.
With long stem people, caress it and play with it, they take it out because they still can't believe its just vapor, YEP DUDE, IT'S NOT SMOKE, IT'S FREAKING SWEET VAPOR :leaf: :rockon:

Ok, enough ranting and let's take another bowl in the name :science: with these new flowers :rockon:
32H4REw.jpg

IjmD1g9.jpg

T00bARN.jpg

And here's a photo of the cotton in the intake, I press the SS mesh on top. It's neither as airy and nor as restricted. For me is a perfect balance on draw. Another plus, I believe it really traps anything that can go to the heater. That SS mesh alone, meeeehhh, was ok but it's missing something extra.
Did I mention before, I'm using an extra thin mesh SS screen, I bought many for my Solos long time ago, they work great when you press it down all the way in the stem basket. Prevents the stem to get so dirty and your water tool from nasty little floaters, and change the water every couple hours or daily. I don't do it that often, my bad :goon:

Also you can see how the 18F glass is unglued and popping out... It almost fit the Q-tip stick in the gap between the glass F rim and the Milaana body :ugh: I don't see yet performance being affected, but I'm more afraid of using and breaking Milanesa now...

WeOoDaZ.jpg

Later, I'll probably shot some videos to show new performance, before and after, If I manage to fix 18F glass problem. Some video of a comparison between Rey EVO and Milanesa. I managed to reach full extraction now in Milanesa,
Today I vaped a bowl on Milanesa, then got the ABV and tossed in an ELB, Rey EVO up to 14:30 on the dial, use the same water tool, and to not surprise, I couldn't extract anything else from that ABV, "prueba superada" :rockon: :clap: :tup:
I'm a fan of the EVO, Solo, Nano and now Milanesa. For a portable, is a cool vape.
Stay vaped my friends...

Shit Snacks

Hola FC:
Milanesa been performing very well. I introduced it to some combusters friends and they were happy with the buzz...
I'm using now, under the SS mesh on the air intake, both sides of one cheap Q-tip cotton, to create more of a restricted path. It was too airy for me. And I believe, I could be biased, I am puffing thicker clouds.

On the good side ,things are very well.

On the interesting side...
battery life and switching batts, having to be cautious about how far you can push them, etc etc,
can be a little bit annoying for some, and a little bit daunting for others on the go, as a truly portable. People would need to really pay a little bit more attention to batteries and their life. I'll probably need to buy an smart 4 bay batt charger to avoid future problems. I believe I'm killing all my batts now because of heavy testing and cheapo red/green light dual charger. And I can see heavy use on Milanesa in the near future. I just scored real flowers, no more vaping reclaim and flat rosin buds.
Batts can be expensive in the long run too... Do you guys can read battery voltage in an eVic-VTC Mini??
I tried to understand the manual of my mod, but still Chinese to me... If it's possible, it will help at the moment till the new charger arrives.

On the concern side...
The 18F glass on Milanesa is starting to wiggle, a little up and down , and sideways. I'm not letting anyone use it anymore unless they are fellow vaporists knowing their doings. I have some questions too...
Is that 18F glass piece attached to something that can break/tear/rip etc etc the heater, if dislodged from Milaana wood body somehow???
Also, I read on the Warranty section at RBT website, that you can use epoxy or instant glue for the glass...
Have someone done that already??? Is there a recommended instant glue, epoxy etc etc for the Milaana???
Safe wise I mean... As I'm seeing, that air intake runs next to the glue that come from stock. I can't feel sense anything from it.
If someone knows what's the best glue, please post and tag me. I'd like to glue it back asap.
Will I need to remove the 18F glass from the body to reglue it???
In my opinon, if you guys aren't experiencing any of this, I'd try to use and smudge some of the useable glue asap to prevent this from happening to you guys...
I can see it as a problem in the future of the units...
Heat + wood, expands/contracts, right???
Glue hardens and brittle with heat, right???
And Glass with hard brittle glue, and wood don't like each other, right???
This could be a little design flaw.
I wonder if little wood chips can be pushed/softly hammered in between the 18F glass and the Milaana body...
Would it be the same or worst?? Would it be too much pressure/stress in the glass.

Heavy usage and water tool use, people that are too stoned or drunk, people that don't know where the stress points are and push the stem with a finger while drawing, BIG NO NO, I saw one of my combusters friends doing that and I was like, please don't use your fat thumb to rest in the stem, please jajajjaja
People or myself, sometimes do weird faces and Milaana motions while drawing hard.... jajajaja, I believe those contortions with your hand while stem still attached and drawing a big choking cloud are a NO NO :rofl:

I believe short stem usage puts less stress in the glass joints because I put more attention and heat is stronger.
With long stem people, caress it and play with it, they take it out because they still can't believe its just vapor, YEP DUDE, IT'S NOT SMOKE, IT'S FREAKING SWEET VAPOR :leaf: :rockon:

Ok, enough ranting and let's take another bowl in the name :science: with these new flowers :rockon:
32H4REw.jpg

IjmD1g9.jpg

T00bARN.jpg

And here's a photo of the cotton in the intake, I press the SS mesh on top. It's neither as airy and nor as restricted. For me is a perfect balance on draw. Another plus, I believe it really traps anything that can go to the heater. That SS mesh alone, meeeehhh, was ok but it's missing something extra.
Did I mention before, I'm using an extra thin mesh SS screen, I bought many for my Solos long time ago, they work great when you press it down all the way in the stem basket. Prevents the stem to get so dirty and your water tool from nasty little floaters, and change the water every couple hours or daily. I don't do it that often, my bad :goon:

Also you can see how the 18F glass is unglued and popping out... It almost fit the Q-tip stick in the gap between the glass F rim and the Milaana body :ugh: I don't see yet performance being affected, but I'm more afraid of using and breaking Milanesa now...

WeOoDaZ.jpg

Later, I'll probably shot some videos to show new performance, before and after, If I manage to fix 18F glass problem. Some video of a comparison between Rey EVO and Milanesa. I managed to reach full extraction now in Milanesa,
Today I vaped a bowl on Milanesa, then got the ABV and tossed in an ELB, Rey EVO up to 14:30 on the dial, use the same water tool, and to not surprise, I couldn't extract anything else from that ABV, "prueba superada" :rockon: :clap: :tup:
I'm a fan of the EVO, Solo, Nano and now Milanesa. For a portable, is a cool vape.
Stay vaped my friends...

Ha nice, glad you got some real herbs now! I believe some have done the gluing themselves, @ChippyMalone was gearing up to and I know others have. Nothing attached to the bowl but the screen below it, heater is separate below. I think newer Milaanas now have the bowl recessed a bit more to seal better, I don't think there is an issue with heat and expansion, just polishing up the design after these pilot production runs, you do have one if the early units after all.

Also I always rest my finger around the glass stem actually, holding it in place, comfortable for me to really wrap my fingers around it, so should be fine as long as you can touch up your glue or send it back to RBT even... Also be careful with restricting airflow more, though I was told more mesh and less mesh can change the airflow as well. But you're already experienced enough to know what your doing ;)

Vape Dr.

Hey guys, got vaped and made a DIY mod so you can keep your battery in your Milaana when not in use.:sherlock:

First I got a washer double the height of the original one and put it under the original washer.

Next I got a guitar pick and trimmed it the shape of the brass contact lid and drilled a hole in it.

Then I took off a bit more of the one side of the pick.

This is what it looks like assembled.

I only needed one side to come flush with the side of the brass top for when I want to slide it shut to put it in my pocket.
I shaved down the other side making sure that when I pushed the pick and the lid over the battery wasn't making contact.
This also allows less to stick off the side when slid to the "on" position.

The battery is in and not able to make contact.

I got a ruler and ran it across the button and it heated up.
So if you have battery in your Milaana in your pocket and the button is slightly pressed, it is heating the chamber.

With this I slid the guitar pick away from the contact point the unit is ready to go.

With more shaved off the one end, the pick really doesn't get in the way.

This is a generic mock up I literally just made. It may look crude but it works very well.

A wooden pick would look nice!

I am absolutely loving my Milaana!.....I really need to name her.:hmm:

I thought I would share this with you all.
It makes life so much easier leaving the battery in and putting it your pocket with zero worries about hitting the button.
Now you can have 2 batteries and your stem in the case with you!:)

This was super simple to make and it's FREE!!!:clap:

:science:

Last edited:

ctxgooner

gooner
1st-my milaana came with a light blue Samsung 25r(smurf) instead of yellow hg2....no big deal,Ive used 25r's in my ecigs and I know they're good batteries...uncharged....I had some red lg's already charged and ready....
2nd-for the price I paid I'm more than happy with the construction....the button is flush and feels sturdy.....I was worried that I wouldn't like the button being at the bottom,but I can easily use this with either hand and use any finger to hold the button in....
3rd-i had just vaped a stem in my nano when the doorbell rang so I was already pretty vaped....I've done 2 short stems in the milaana and I'm :rofl:
The real test will come in the morning when I'm relatively sober but I'm loving it so far :tup:

GTAVaper

The battery is in and not able to make contact.

I got a ruler and ran it across the button and it heated up.
So if you have battery in your Milaana in your pocket and the button is slightly pressed, it is heating the chamber.

I am not sure what you mean by this. It sounds like you have the pick in blocking the contact but you somehow depress the button with a ruler and it still heats up?

I'm sure that I am misunderstanding ......can you please explain what I am missing?

GTAVaper,

Shit Snacks

I am not sure what you mean by this. It sounds like you have the pick in blocking the contact but you somehow depress the button with a ruler and it still heats up?

I'm sure that I am misunderstanding ......can you please explain what I am missing?

I believe he was doing that as a test, and it motivated him to then create the pick protector to prevent it from being possible. Nice @Vape Dr.! I haven't had a button depression issue yet myself, but its a nice cheap precaution. I knew you'd come up with some nifty Mi mods

Vape Dr.

I used a ruler because its flat to see how much pressure it took for button to activate the heater.
I used the ruler because the button domes.
I found it doesn't take much pressure to activate the button and thought up a quick "safety" for the battery not to make a connection while in your pocket.

I made the guitar pick as a connection blocker so there would be no worries at all about accidental button depression.

I slide it out of the way when I want to make a connection and use my Milaana.

CaptVapor

UPS FINALLY came. I had RBT send my charger and extra batteries from my Zion kit so they're charging now... in fact, that's a bit of POSITIVE customer support there! I think if you email him early and keep it short he'll take care of you.

Anyway, since all I can do right now is stare at the battery charger I'll talk about fit and finish. Everythong on mine looks really good except for the bottom plate, it's just slightly off - evidence of being 'handcrafted'.

This thing is rather large, about the maximum size that is pocketable. I can't really imagine taking the Zion out of the house now! But the Milaana feels great in the hand and I can't wait to travel with her this summer.

Would there be a problem pulling one of the batteries off and just sneaking a taste?? It's been charging for a little over an hour, I have to believe that at this point I could use it really quickly :D

Shit Snacks

UPS FINALLY came. I had RBT send my charger and extra batteries from my Zion kit so they're charging now... in fact, that's a bit of POSITIVE customer support there! I think if you email him early and keep it short he'll take care of you.

Anyway, since all I can do right now is stare at the battery charger I'll talk about fit and finish. Everythong on mine looks really good except for the bottom plate, it's just slightly off - evidence of being 'handcrafted'.

This thing is rather large, about the maximum size that is pocketable. I can't really imagine taking the Zion out of the house now! But the Milaana feels great in the hand and I can't wait to travel with her this summer.

Would there be a problem pulling one of the batteries off and just sneaking a taste?? It's been charging for a little over an hour, I have to believe that at this point I could use it really quickly :D

For long term battery health itd be best to hold out, they should get to charge up fully or beyond for the first time, but I know it can be a tough wait after everything, up to you ;)

Last edited:

subway13029

Use it..I,used mine out of the box to test the battery as I didn't have a digi charger..does your charger have a display to tell u how far along it is? I say give it a go..

Edit..haha @Shit Snacks two different opinions one vape..lol..that's what I love but technically you are right unless he doesn't know if his batts arrived charged or not..lol

tblast

Just vape. Sure, it's not the best for long term battery health, but it's not like it's an internal battery, they're cheap and easy to replace. Another great feature of this amazing vape! It's great not having to baby the battery all the time. Live free and vape hard!

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
So, Im hoping to connect this thing to a Pinnacle Pro style water tool. Something like this item.

Can anyone here recommend one? Preferably low diffusion and 18MM to take advantage of the wider draw path. Smaller size and cheap price is a bonus also.

Along with detailing how I need to go about getting the right adapter for such a tool?

GTAVaper

I used a ruler because its flat to see how much pressure it took for button to activate the heater.
I used the ruler because the button domes.
I found it doesn't take much pressure to activate the button and thought up a quick "safety" for the battery not to make a connection while in your pocket.

I made the guitar pick as a connection blocker so there would be no worries at all about accidental button depression.

I slide it out of the way when I want to make a connection and use my Milaana.

Ah, OK......it was just the sequence of the statements that confused me .....it sounded like even with the pick in that you were able to make it fire .....which really didn't make sense.....and I knew that I wasn't understanding what you meant :tinfoil:

I got the pick concept though.....the whole pick idea was discussed a while back and I think that I had even suggested something along those lines using a cut out piece of thin flexible cutting board material before the pick idea was floated.

I am happy to see that you've implemented such an easy fix ......because IIRC there seemed to be some blowing out of proportion of the issue.

I do think that the twist lock button mentioned by @KeroZen - either here - or in the Zion thread (can't remember) would be the ultimate fix ......but this also makes it a non-issue.

Great work @Vape Dr. :clap:

Keep on :science: ........ I am still waiting on my Milaana and appreciate all the tips that you and others have posted. @Shit Snacks has really been helpful as well too.....in addition to the other Z-team members :tup:

BTW @Shit Snacks .....ever thought of going to the Middle East and negotiating a peace settlement? :p

You've been a real "Voice Of Reason" at times ......maybe if FC has a need for another moderator - I think that you'd do well in that role.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks I know you love this device!

Is it the WOOD or Heater that makes it great?

Read the past few pages of new user reviews my man (a few nice videos too), I believe it has to be the heater! Performance is top notch, I think you would love one of these too atax! Plus more affordable and portable than Zion. You know for me, just like with HI and Daisy, the wood/glass is a bonus, its really all about the vapor quality and versatile useability imo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom