Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Whaaaaaat?! I just found THIS on my doorstep! Can't wait to give it a whirl!
image.jpg
Can't wait for you to give it a whirl to tell me how your whirl went.
Whirlin' in it

ILikeBigClouds

I was almost to that point, but then I got the daisy. Man! VAS: temporarily quieted.

If this thing is like a battery powered daisy/lily...sold is an understatement.
From the looks of it it isn't. From what I've heard and seen Daisy/Lily produce extremely dense vapor, and from ShitSnacks images the Milaana does not. That coupled with Scrimshaw's unbiased impressions lead me to believe the Milaana isn't as powerful as we've been lead to think it is.

GTAVaper

If you can combust with .....then technically with the right technique you should be able to extract everything the herb has to offer. However, until I have my own I will reserve my judgement until I have played with it for a while.

Images can be deceiving as well......especially a one-handed cell phone snap......a video against a well lit black background with the light aimed through the vapor path will show the produced vapor off the best.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
From the looks of it it isn't. From what I've heard and seen Daisy/Lily produce extremely dense vapor, and from ShitSnacks images the Milaana does not. That coupled with Scrimshaw's unbiased impressions lead me to believe the Milaana isn't as powerful as we've been lead to think it is.

Have you seen my videos? Damn thick vapor IMO. I don't run my Daisy or Lily through glass (water) but easily as big of exhales from the Mi/Zi when i do.

No doubt it is very hard to beat the Daisy or Lily in portable vapor production. I will certainly say the Zion and Mi are in the same wheelhouse IMO. Sometimes i even think the battery brothers win, other times i feel like the torch vape clouds are thicker. Both pairs take some technique. I sort of compare to playing a musical instrument. Some practice is needed, but once you do the music is beauitful.

Sounds like the Mi scorched a load on a new user. Can certainly happen, rather easily on a fresh battery even until technique is figured out. Same would be with the Daisy or especially Lily. To me, this power of combustion is proof of overall power. You need to tame it. To go from cold to that hot within 5 seconds is something previously only done with torch vapes. Just shows that the device has tons of power, and needs to be tamed. But like i said in my video review the unregulated nature of the Mi will not be for everyone. Experienced vaporists wanted. Not the best first vape IMO but one of the best overall IMO.

I would compare the Zion more to the Daisy and the Mi more to the Lily. The Mi/Li take more practice to stay in the ideal vapor range IMO.

Edit. First vid was still figuring out technique. Plus i didnt figure out light was better when not shooting towards window.

Still not ideal lighting.

Zion

Zion review

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I would think using a partially depleted battery might provide a bit of a training wheels experience for those who find it hard to tame the Mi initially. I know it sounds wasteful to the battery longlife but perhaps knew users that struggle with the quickness of the heater may find that doing some dry runs to deplete the battery and then putting herb in after using about half of the battery, so about 10-15 heat ups about 5 seconds each should do it. This would slow things down so the manual operation doesnt have to be so quick and you won't be able to accidently combust nnearly as easy.

Please take note this is only a suggestion for getting to know the vape.

I found mine very easy to use, but I use my Zion 75%-max, so it's very similar in many ways. The mesh provided a nice material for concentrates, which is good as I'm fresh out of bud. I found it a better option than the Hercules ss pad, but still allows more fluid movement than hemp fiber.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
You can combust with a light bulb and bic. Good luck fully extracting your herb without burning it though.
If you cant have faith in @IAmKrazy2 then your in the group that has to try it to believe it probably. I mean this guy rocks a Supreme...you know, the King of clouds and extraction. I don't think anyone really reviews vapes more honestly and I know he knows what he is talking about when it comes to flavor, vapor quality and extraction.

Rad that some of you are getting your units in for 4/20! Given I ordered at the start of the year I expect I'll receive it in the next batch or two, who knows maybe he expedited and more of us will luck out for the holiday! Glad to see the thread move in a more positive direction, hopefully we have some more user reports soon.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This is clearly not the vape for me. Before you cry user error, I WAS able to extract consistently, but the experience just leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

Based on my experience with the Milaana, I am canceling my Zion pre-order. The way this felt rushed out with no instructions or shipping contact does not make me want to support the company either.

I'm very disappointed—it's the first time I felt like FC has led me astray.

Ah that's a shame, sorry it wasn't for you, after only a few tries. Zion is definitely easier to tame, and by the time they're shipping again the instructions should be ready too, but se la vi, hope that Milaana finds a good home dude!

User error aside, some vapes are not right for specific people while other people love them. I would love it if you could explain a little more about what you didn't like in the vaporizer. If you'd rather take that to PM to avoid getting in arguments I understand, and I'm also quite interested in taking the Milaana off your hands. Thanks

And you haven't even tried mine yet! btw I'm thinking May we should hook up dude ;)

I can personally guarantee you my shitty cellphone shots don't capture the density, plus I was inhaling most of it. I have Daisy Lily Milaana and Zion, they absolutely all produce great pure tasting comparably dense swirling vapor within seconds in my vast experience with them. The power is there, control must be learned, took me a bit on Triihouse but thanks to those and other vapes I took right to Zion and Milaana without issue really. The technique is similar to the Thermovape T1 and Firefly, though those arent as hot, have much more draw restriction, and much less even extraction.

I would think using a partially depleted battery might provide a bit of a training wheels experience for those who find it hard to tame the Mi initially. I know it sounds wasteful to the battery longlife but perhaps knew users that struggle with the quickness of the heater may find that doing some dry runs to deplete the battery and then putting herb in after using about half of the battery, so about 10-15 heat ups about 5 seconds each should do it. This would slow things down so the manual operation doesnt have to be so quick and you won't be able to accidently combust nnearly as easy.

Please take note this is only a suggestion for getting to know the vape.

Not a bad idea, a weaker battery would slow down the heater rate so you would start drawing slower and speed up as the heater rises in temp. However with a fresh battery, the answer is merely let go of the button sooner, keep drawing without it pressed for that residual heat off the massive heater, less it again during the same draw if need be. The production Milaana is running hotter/faster than me and Krazy's, but it should be just as easy to tame really, don't ride the button, respect the button (and the battery level) :tup:

Last edited:
Looks like yours doesn't have the filter material in the air intake?
RBT informed me that a handful went out without the filter material in place. He personally uses none. He recommended I add some, cause he knows I'll be using/abusing it out on the farm, and thought I might be concerned about sawdust, etc. It keeps crap in the air and lint from your pocket out of the heater, so I opted to put some in. I'll add a few pics showing how I've been using the filter material for my convection dabbing experience. I think I like this material better than the ss wire coil I was using for the Zion, so my Zion may get a little upgrade out of al this, too!

Also, RBT said that he was anticipating this many units per week for the next few weeks. He did not make any guarantees, certainly, but with so many out the door recently, it seems like a lot of people may be seeing some Milaana action.

image.jpg

Here she is next to big bro:
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

ILikeBigClouds

If you cant have faith in @IAmKrazy2 then your in the group that has to try it to believe it probably. I mean this guy rocks a Supreme...you know, the King of clouds and extraction. I don't think anyone really reviews vapes more honestly and I know he knows what he is talking about when it comes to flavor, vapor quality and extraction.
Has nothing to do with WHO is posting the stuff I'm seeing.

My eyes see the same regardless of who posted it. And so far my eyes have not seen a video or picture showing the Milaana white walling a piece anywhere close to what I have seen from a Daisy. And DEFINITELY nowhere near a Supreme 3. In comparison all the videos so far have shown very whispy vapor. Seems very very weak compared to my Grasshopper even.

Last edited:
ILikeBigClouds,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom