Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks , do u still use your milanna 1? I'm thinking about getting a splinter Z, but was not the biggest fan of the milanna 1. But at the same time, haven't practiced much with it. Do u still think it is worthwhile?

Which 1? The original beta glass came undone so I haven't been able to use that in some years, but I have used the V1 that came after more recently successfully (mine was always great though and served me very well). PH I didn't use quite as much just because its a prized possession, but it definitely did see good use too. Now I am really enjoying having the Mi2, after using Splinter Z then V2, but I will tell you all three of us of a learning curve than the previous iterations probably... I think grabbing a custom splinter Z would be a really good reentry for you, choose a mod you like (The one picture here is on an RXgen3Dual, V2 is on a single batt SinuousP80) for wattage mode. If you do want to try temp control there are ways, but a DNA mod (like RX250 or hcigarVT75D) could be simpler and more effective. Wrong thread for these tips, but I would say go for that if you can't grab a Milaana II (SplinterV2 is nice too, but having full glass options with US Custom Z is nicer along with larger heater--just larger overall, not so pocketable)

Mangu

As promised, in creation order:
fnfmlc.jpg

The original maple beta Milaana (the first with the official name used by RBT), then first official maple V1 batch that ran hot and was built rough, followed by the gorgeous V2 in purpleheart, and then the Milaana II in walnut with sapele cap.

w7lx81.jpg

Joined by SplinterV2 + SplinterZ Canary

jpa99d.jpg

Maple/Exotic sandwich

2jeurz6.jpg

Back in order, more angles

4jsx02.jpg

Intake screen evolution vs sexy bottoms

2uhpes6.jpg

Maple bottoms, remember V1 router mark?

izot5h.jpg

Beta, PH, Mi2 sized up (V1 props)

sopssm.jpg

29gcttx.jpg

13zx3c.jpg

zxk8jk.jpg

2nr1nbc.jpg

Beta and Mi2 pretty close in size!

ibkt5e.jpg

And all together, before I pack em back up (the purpleheart is like the ultimate collectible imo), while the Milaana II will carry me (along with those Splinters!)

That Purple Heart is stunning!!! Definitely showstopper pattern in that grain :ko::clap:

radiant34

The glass in my Milaana seems to have cracked and chipped away on the top(have yet to drop it once) I’ve tried contacting Ryan through Instagram for rma since I couldn’t find the link online. Does anyone have an email contact for the rma? It’s a lifetime warranty Milaana and I’ve had it now for like 3 years

radiant34,

Shit Snacks

The glass in my Milaana seems to have cracked and chipped away on the top(have yet to drop it once) I’ve tried contacting Ryan through Instagram for rma since I couldn’t find the link online. Does anyone have an email contact for the rma? It’s a lifetime warranty Milaana and I’ve had it now for like 3 years

Seems like RBT is on the road now anyway so it will probably be a little while before you hear back once you find the form/email btw

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: eideal852

eideal852

where do you guys source batteries? get the occasional story re: exploding vapes, etc, and panic a bit...

eideal852,

eideal852

There is a thread for that, illumn, imr, and some other spots, never from amazon
Yeah I know, sorry for the question, my search-fu is rifuckingdiculous, google nets me 2+y old results, and here I can never find it. thnks, illumn still a fave ill head there...

eideal852,

Shit Snacks

Yeah I know, sorry for the question, my search-fu is rifuckingdiculous, google nets me 2+y old results, and here I can never find it. thnks, illumn still a fave ill head there...

Yeah I think it's in the general discussion thread or the ask FC thread or one of the other spots, like where the mod thread is

Shit Snacks,

Vapster707

As promised, in creation order:
fnfmlc.jpg

The original maple beta Milaana (the first with the official name used by RBT), then first official maple V1 batch that ran hot and was built rough, followed by the gorgeous V2 in purpleheart, and then the Milaana II in walnut with sapele cap.

w7lx81.jpg

Joined by SplinterV2 + SplinterZ Canary

jpa99d.jpg

Maple/Exotic sandwich

2jeurz6.jpg

Back in order, more angles

4jsx02.jpg

Intake screen evolution vs sexy bottoms

2uhpes6.jpg

Maple bottoms, remember V1 router mark?

izot5h.jpg

Beta, PH, Mi2 sized up (V1 props)

sopssm.jpg

29gcttx.jpg

13zx3c.jpg

zxk8jk.jpg

2nr1nbc.jpg

Beta and Mi2 pretty close in size!

ibkt5e.jpg

And all together, before I pack em back up (the purpleheart is like the ultimate collectible imo), while the Milaana II will carry me (along with those Splinters!)

:love: wow that purple heart is awesome

Shit Snacks

Yas, endgrain cut, one of only two full purple heart Milaana ever made I believe (the first one had blue glass, remember a photo of it in a Christmas tree lol) I remember grabbing this instead of my Zion pre-order, though I did end up with two new Zions afterwards anyway :ko:

Anyway it looks like RBT is auctioning off some fresh Milaana II on Instagram now, so far there is one canary and one sapele, which seem to be made from one piece of wood with matching grain for the bottom cap... They are stunners, but who knows what other customs are coming:

t0mayq.png

2w58vg9.png

1247qzc.png

148fxoh.png

nqu445.png

15d7px.png

n54v3l.png

Canary already has a bid as of now btw. I am so tempted, but I do love my new Mi2 in Walnut with that stunning Sapele base, makes it hard to justify shelling out for one of these... That bright Canary though! That red marble Sapele! That rich grain in both! Get you an exotic vape! :drool:

Last edited:

Verax

I've got a question for you daily Milaana drivers. Whats the best way you have found to get screens to stay in 18mm male joints? I use an 18mm male / 18mm male to use with my water pipe. I've experimented with making a little basket, tried that inverted as well, and just gently placing a .75 inch screen at the base, but everything is so fidgity to get in place, only to dislodge during a stir.

Anyone have a good method to keep herb in the male end of an 18mm joint? It's probably something stupid and easy that I'm overlooking.

Or, perhaps there is a special Milaana water pipe adapter that I'm not finding?

Thanks in advance :)

Verax,
Reactions: GetLeft

BestBuds

The Dude
I've got a question for you daily Milaana drivers. Whats the best way you have found to get screens to stay in 18mm male joints? I use an 18mm male / 18mm male to use with my water pipe. I've experimented with making a little basket, tried that inverted as well, and just gently placing a .75 inch screen at the base, but everything is so fidgity to get in place, only to dislodge during a stir.

Anyone have a good method to keep herb in the male end of an 18mm joint? It's probably something stupid and easy that I'm overlooking.

Or, perhaps there is a special Milaana water pipe adapter that I'm not finding?

Thanks in advance :)
I use a rimless basket screen from RBT. Insert the basket screen in the ground glass end of the stem. Use a flat hard surface that you don't care if it gets scratched (cutting board) and evenly push the basket screen into the stem until flush with the end of the glass. I use the stem as a straw to suck up the ground herb. A slight tamp with my finger to make sure it will all stay in there. Sometimes the herb will bulge slightly from the end of the basket screen. After the first hit it always seems to melt the keef on the bud and sucks it deeper in the basket screen. A 1/4 turn or so after every draw. No hot spots, no stirring.

I hope that helps. I have bought stems that don't fit any screens. They recycle well.

GetLeft

Yeah if you don't have a screen that fits snug into the end of the stem things can go bad. When I've used a wrong screen, I've had them spring out the top and also go sideways down the stem. That's frustrating. But if you've got the right screens that doesn't happen. I'm still having luck with the handful I purchased each time I picked up a Mi. If you're making your own, thicker ss mesh that isn't easily misshaped is the way to go. Here are a couple of options for picking them up if you're not able to make your own. The ones I have look like the planet vape ones.

https://delta3dstudios.com/hd-basket-screen-bp465-5-pack/

http://www.planetvape.ca/milaana-and-zion-screens.html

Verax

Thanks for the options guys! Really appreciate the help. I'll keep trying to make my own as well. (as I can't seem to find any RBT ones anywhere)

Verax,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I like the rimmed screens and use them on my shortest joints, but they do add a millimeter or so to the joint length so may make a joint too long to work properly depending on how deep your female joint is. Fortunately I have several RBT rimless screens that stay put in my adapters.

cybrguy,
Reactions: Verax
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom