Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapenerd

The load normally holds together when you suck the contents into the stem. Another way is to place a screen over that again to hold it.
Really? I can't confirm that. I do suck the contents into the stem but about half of it always falls out to the chamber.

Another way is to place a screen over that again to hold it.
Thanks, that might be worth a try.

vapenerd,
Reactions: muunch

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Really? I can't confirm that. I do suck the contents into the stem but about half of it always falls out to the chamber.

Thanks, that might be worth a try.

It shouldn't fall out. Nothing should ever touch the screen inside of the female joint practically speaking. If material is falling out, don't grind fine (not necessary with the Milaana). Tamp what you are putting into the joint down so that it caramelizes once it gets hit with heat. I use the fat of my finger and don't poke or prod, just that is enough to hold material in place. My screen doesn't sit evenly in most joints, but one part of the screen that is closest to the end is about .5mm I would say the side opposite sitting a little crooked is about 2-3mm away.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I actually keep my screen towards the end of the joint, and if you look leveled, you can actually see the top of the dome peaking out into the clear glass, over the ground portion. I don't fill it too much though. .05 maybe?

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Doesn't the load fall into the big chamber anyway when you insert the stem? Or at least some of it? Especially when you grind fine and pack lightly. So what difference does it make where the screen is?

Not really. Especially after first hit. It holds into the GonG as do most others that are similar.

Either way, when taking a hit it will go into the GonG with suction, so good screen placement is key.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I use a medium grind (SLX) and find that the load nearly always stays in the stem. When some does drop out towards the heater screen, the sucking action of taking a hit pulls it back into the stem. Once warm it all sticks together even more naturally.
Not really. Especially after first hit. It holds into the GonG as do most others that are similar.

Either way, when taking a hit it will go into the GonG with suction, so good screen placement is key.
Yeah, right. What he said.:)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I always take first hit, including first hit after a stir, upside down in the beginning. This can help prevent any spillage while you "seat" the load with heat @vapenerd and my baskets are close to the edge too (basket helps seat load more)

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I always take first hit, including first hit after a stir, upside down in the beginning. This can help prevent any spillage while you "seat" the load with heat @vapenerd and my baskets are close to the edge too (basket helps seat load more)

I do the same, tho seldom fully upside down. I do it at about a 90 degree angle, maybe tilted a little more. Always kind of chuckle at myself for being so overly cautious here, but haven't had any issues and only find material on bottom screen after carrying around Mi with load in. A quick blow into it with it tilted away from from my face always cleans it out. Not really an issue with Zi, as the stem rides in its own spot - not in female GonG.

TheRobbo

This. ^^^

In my experience, moving the load up into the stem even a small distance drastically reduces vapour production. The load should be level with the rim of the mouthpiece and not tightly packed.

I can't say I fully agree with this I have experimented with screen placrment and found with a little technique adjustment it doesn't make much difference. Deeper in the GonG needs more button time and slower draw to get to temp but cloud size is not affected just need to work at it a bit more... In fact I 'think' I can get bigger clouds as I find the vapour slightly less harsh. Search my vids I have demonstrated deep screen clouds in one or two, Ill look them up and repost

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Yeah I'm able to pull clouds in a number of different setups but they all require a different amount of technique. Keeping the load up near the tip in the basket formation requires the least amount of technique imo but it's also the easiest way to scorch ruin the taste of the load. This usually happens for me when I use this setup on a fresh battery.

Most times lately I have been using stock stems with screens set down into the joint in the dome fashion (OG style). I did however send all my 7th floor 26mm mouthpieces off to Ryan to be cut down to 22mm length. I'll have the choice of basket screens flush with the tip or ELB's when they get back. Can't wait! They are going to look sick on top of my Walnut!

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Just FYI, 22mm is standard US and is fine. Since he is cutting them, tho, I would have him take off another mm or 2 so that you can use the rimmed screens if you want. (aren't the ELBs rimmed too?) Or at least that is what I would do. ;)
Good points. He has all the necessary parts to test. I send a couple ELB's and he has some top hats. I don't know that you need to cut anymore than down to 22 tho. I use tophats with my standard 22mm stock stems and lock to the joint without issue.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
During early Zion days and forward rimmed screens were specifically disallowed by RBT because they extended the length of the joint leaving it (potentially) resting on the heater screen. Unless something has changed that should still be a concern. Please ask him and report back. :)

The screen I like to use (on a short joint) is the Arizer domed screen. The rim is the same, I think.

almost there

During early Zion days and forward rimmed screens were specifically disallowed by RBT because they extended the length of the joint leaving it (potentially) resting on the heater screen. Unless something has changed that should still be a concern. Please ask him and report back. :)

The screen I like to use (on a short joint) is the Arizer domed screen. The rim is the same, I think.
Ryan had a live feed on IG earlier of the glass cutting, sorry if I had read this sooner I would have asked for u.

TheRobbo

Do you have access to a multi meter? Its a bit tricky to hold its probes just right and press the trigger to get a reading... Then subract the resistance of the probe leads and you should have something close to the heater resistance :tup:
Now all you need the know is what it is supposed to be :sherlock:
Afraid I cant help you there apart from saying I think mine is 0.6 ohms but it was measured a while ago and I had been using Mi at the time so could have been 0.8 :doh: I will measure again tomorrow and report.
If if yours is around the same figure then we know the unit is working how it should and it is technique, if it is way off then we know something is wrong with the unit...

So pulled out the meter finally and my memory was pretty close. Couldn't hold the probes still enough for the reading to stabilize but was flickering between 1.1 and 1.3 ohms minus 0.5ohms for the leads... lets call it 0.7ohms for arguments sake.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I can't say I fully agree with this I have experimented with screen placrment and found with a little technique adjustment it doesn't make much difference. Deeper in the GonG needs more button time and slower draw to get to temp but cloud size is not affected just need to work at it a bit more... In fact I 'think' I can get bigger clouds as I find the vapour slightly less harsh. Search my vids I have demonstrated deep screen clouds in one or two, Ill look them up and repost

Well yeah. You are confirming what I said with this part:

...with a little technique adjustment it doesn't make much difference. Deeper in the GonG needs more button time and slower draw to get to temp but cloud size is not affected just need to work at it a bit more...

You have to adjust your technique because if you don't, you get less vapour.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Just FYI, I checked with Ryan and rimmed screens should not be used unless you trim the glass below 22mm as they add to the length of the joint. Official position.
@Other Side I'm not familiar with the 7th floor mouthpieces but I'm definitely interested in being able to use my ELBs with my milaana and Zion.
All you need do is trim a mm or two from the end of the 22mm joint

AJS

Calm Consistency
Super tasty, but no big clouds. The Mighty and Vapcap M clouds are bigger but they also taste worse than the Milaana.

https://instagram.com/p/BUf5OwQghbS/
Sorry .... I had to :D:haw:

________
Also, what a lovely day for a nice rain sesh.
XOJbHd1.jpg

Edit: Ayy, post 2,000 :)

Last edited:

TheRobbo

Well yeah. You are confirming what I said with this part:

You have to adjust your technique because if you don't, you get less vapour.

Well not exactly... You said
In my experience, moving the load up into the stem even a small distance drastically reduces vapour production. The load should be level with the rim of the mouthpiece and not tightly packed.
Suggesting moving the load away reduced vapour production irreversibly and the only place the load should be is at the tip.
Which is why I just wanted to point out that while I agree moving the screen back, away from the heater can reduce production it should not be stated as fact that it can not be moved back. As it only takes a little adjustment to accommodate the extra distance.
Having said all this I am currently running with the screen at the tip of my maple stem from Alan as I find the low temp flavor outstanding like this, and have sufficient experience to reduce hot spots by holding trigger too long. Glass stem is still pushed back though for those higher temp quick hits.
Edit:
Of course if you had a very early model (I think you do?) Which may run a little cooler? Then moving the load away from heater may have greater effect than in a hotter device, explaining our difference in experiences. Or it could be much simpler and just be because we are different human beings :cheers::spliff:

Last edited:

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Does this mean the few listed on the rbt site are not actually available?
RBT is not selling direct any longer. Our shop at 420EDC will be handling the Milaana sales. We have an email list that you can sign up for on the RastaBuddhaTao page of the site to let you know when we get the next shipment. One of them is going to a personal friend so there should be 5 remaining, and from the video RBT posted yesterday it looks like 3 Walnut and 3 Cherry, although I could be wrong in that interpretation or he could have had them filling in as stunt Milaana.

RBT is not selling direct any longer. Our shop at 420EDC will be handling the Milaana sales. We have an email list that you can sign up for on the RastaBuddhaTao page of the site to let you know when we get the next shipment. One of them is going to a personal friend so there should be 5 remaining, and from the video RBT posted yesterday it looks like 3 Walnut and 3 Cherry, although I could be wrong in that interpretation or he could have had them filling in as stunt Milaana.

is the mailing list close? Can't find it:/

Last edited:
reeefermadness,
Reactions: vapen00b
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom