• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptVapor

I packed loose
Fresh batteries
Copper plate, 2 metal o-rings, brass nut, brass top screwpiece cleaned 2 sessions ago (how often do u guys clean it)
Slow draw

Very little vapor still, got lit, but not that lit

My spring contact has problem ?

Do you feel heat while you're drawing? My Milaana has the ability to get uncomfortably hot (using the short stem) ... perhaps your batteries are bad. One of my batteries seems to drop in voltage a lot quicker than the others and I need to retire it soon (though... I'm never "aware" enough to set it aside at the time!)

stinkytofus

First two hits is like this:
5 second preheat, inhale with button depressed till 10s and i feel the heat, then i draw till 15s and let go button and draw till 20s if i can

Third to sixth hit i jus inhale while i depress the button for 15 seconds and let go button and inhale till 20

Is it because i push the battery too down? Depressed my spring too much? I even use the lid to push it down good and then screw it tight lol

CaptVapor

First two hits is like this:
5 second preheat, inhale with button depressed till 10s and i feel the heat, then i draw till 15s and let go button and draw till 20s if i can

Third to sixth hit i jus inhale while i depress the button for 15 seconds and let go button and inhale till 20

Is it because i push the battery too down? Depressed my spring too much? I even use the lid to push it down good and then screw it tight lol

Might it be the strain you're using? I've noticed some strains don't create clouds as easily as others. Just a thought. But if you're feeling heat I have little doubt that there's something wrong with your Milaana

CaptVapor,

stinkytofus

Might it be the strain you're using? I've noticed some strains don't create clouds as easily as others. Just a thought. But if you're feeling heat I have little doubt that there's something wrong with your Milaana
Hmm, i used the same strain right after i cleaned all contacts and had a cloudy 6 hits, the day before yesterday, tight pack, nothing, then yesterday was light pack, little vapor, today try again without pushing batteries down

stinkytofus,

stinkytofus

Heads up, Milaana-ites. Great deal over at Ecig.com on LG HG2s and Samsung 25Rs. Ecig is a well-known, very reliable US vendor. I've ordered from them many times. Best deal I've seen on these batts. Can't imagine the stock will last long.

LG HG2: $7.99/pair

Samsung 25R5s: $8.00/pair
thats pretty cheap for a pair, as cheap as china sites

1. how often do u guys clean the copper, brass and metal?
2. did anyone have their battery spring have problem? if so, how did u fix?

Last edited:

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?

stinkytofus

can anyone show me a picture of their battery connector inside the battery chamber? i wana see if mine is oriented the same? thanks !

stinkytofus,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
can anyone show me a picture of their battery connector inside the battery chamber? i wana see if mine is oriented the same? thanks !

There are photos somewhere in here I believe, try searching? The tab can be pulled back up with a bent paper clip if need be

Think most people don't clean those parts at all, I know I don't, and never had any issue. It's more for troubleshooting if you are having performance issues

Edit:
Ordered two pairs of those LG HG2s from ecig.com with the coupon code, thanks to you all, came to $17.70 with shipping :tup:

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Pinky on.
Pinky off.
Pinky on.
Pinky off.
Pinky on.
Pinky off.

Pinky power! :tup:
DrEvilPinky1.jpg

Mwahahaha!

:peace:

stinkytofus

I cleaned all contacts with iso, wiped down
I insert battery positive side down
I packed loose
I drew very slow
Battery juts out maybe 1/4" to 3/8" over the mod, the lid slides right on top, tighten down

Got a good session, had some decent vapor, but my battery and lid were hot to the touch, didnt hurt to the touch but is noticeably hotter than usual, a level hotter than very warm

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Just out of curiosity, how do you handle your Mi in use? Right handed, left handed, finger configuration?

Didn't feel like creating a Polling thread for this (maybe that would be better?)

I usually end up with it in right hand, button up, stem tilted up between 45-60 degrees, thumb on downside, middle finger on button, ring finger just below button, and pinky somewhere on bottom. (Man, should have just taken a picture!)

I have a friend who does it similar, but insists on using his pinky for the button and likes it almost parallel with the floor. I do use pinky on occasion, but makes my fingers feel crowded. I will use my ring finger sometimes, but if I'm not thinking about it and going with reflex, I always end up as above with middle finger on button.

My girlfriend used to like hitting it "upside down" from my method, using her thumb on the button, and keeping it level (parallel to floor). She's begrudgingly gone with button up (easier so not flipping it every time it is passed) and usually uses pinky or ring finger.

How about everyone else?

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
I packed loose
I drew very slow
Battery juts out maybe 1/4" to 3/8" over the mod, the lid slides right on top, tighten down

Got a good session, had some decent vapor, but my battery and lid were hot to the touch, didnt hurt to the touch but is noticeably hotter than usual, a level hotter than very warm
Sounds like you may still have some contact resistance. With some units that have the clear coat on the copper it needs to be sanded or scraped off with a blade such that the surface between the thumb screw and copper are bright in color.

The battery contact is only a problem if the copper fails to touch the battery. If dropped the contact will compress but removing washers should bring it back in contact. The contact is an on or off issue and not a reduction in performance issue.

There is a design fix in the works to address the high contact issue in future units. Thanks to everyone here that helped uncover this issue and help folks address it. Tube vid for those interested.

Thanks to all for being patient with slow Milaana repairs and custom orders. All should be in the mail by Wednesday.

Thanks to all who have shown support for RBT on Instagram. Please follow, mention and tag your #milaana pics and vids to help get the word out. It's a brave new world :) ...still a chance to win that free #Milaana when we hit 500 followers too ;)

stinkytofus

Sounds like you may still have some contact resistance. With some units that have the clear coat on the copper it needs to be sanded or scraped off with a blade such that the surface between the thumb screw and copper are bright in color.

The battery contact is only a problem if the copper fails to touch the battery. If dropped the contact will compress but removing washers should bring it back in contact. The contact is an on or off issue and not a reduction in performance issue.

There is a design fix in the works to address the high contact issue in future units. Thanks to everyone here that helped uncover this issue and help folks address it. Tube vid for those interested.

Thanks to all for being patient with slow Milaana repairs and custom orders. All should be in the mail by Wednesday.

Thanks to all who have shown support for RBT on Instagram. Please follow, mention and tag your #milaana pics and vids to help get the word out. It's a brave new world :) ...still a chance to win that free #Milaana when we hit 500 followers too ;)
What if i remove both washers, and only have both brass screw and nut sandwiching the copper piece ?

What is the recommended grit to sand the copper pieces ? Do i jus sand the area its in contact with the screws ?

Do i need to sand the other four pieces ?

Thanks !

stinkytofus,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
What if i remove both washers, and only have both brass screw and nut sandwiching the copper piece ?

What is the recommended grit to sand the copper pieces ? Do i jus sand the area its in contact with the screws ?

Do i need to sand the other four pieces ?

Thanks !
Sorry, I do need to do a vid on this. Fine to medium grit or steel wool. Yup, only the surface between the copper lid and the brass thumb screw need to be cleaned.

BadDog No

Some of us (OK, me...) have found obsessive rubbing with an "about to be discarded" cotton Tshirt works wonders. If it ain't shiny clean you're not rubbing hard enough. OK so maybe it could take most of a television show but if you have an old rag and don't have any abrasive (or care not to to use it) then it will work. My results were amazing.
EDIT: Oh I remember when I first got Millie I Simichromed (a type of commercial metal polish favored by bikers) the copper to a ridiculous shine. Always easier to clean if the original surface has been highly polished to start with. :2c:

stinkytofus

whats a good grit sandpaper to use? 100? 120? 300? 400?

stinkytofus,

BadDog No

I don't think you want to actually abrade the surface so much as polish it. Corrosion is much less likely with a mirror (think automotive polishing) finish...IMHO. So I'd say 1000 grit if you're in a hurry; 2,000 if you're not. Or Simichrome. Of course it depends on the extent of the corrosion and how obsessive/compulsive you want to be about maintenance. Damn, I think I need to go polish Millie's door before the games start. We want everything perfect right? Yep, field strip, complete "door" removal and polish with a cotton rubdown of the threads. Yep...that's my plan and I'm sticking to it. :)

TheRobbo

I packed loose
I drew very slow

Make sure the brass knob is nice and smooth on the bottom too and no washer between copper (edit. I mean brass) and door. Also get a bit of paper towl and twist it through the thread of the brass as well. Works well if the brass is a little damp. It will come out looking dirty, I think you have gunk in the female thread.
agvfZvs.jpg

0RWs3JJ.jpg

This made a huge difference to my unit. Keep doing this till the treads feel smooth.

Last edited:

BadDog No

Great post Robbo:
I was just about to say don't be lazy and store your "spare" washers between the copper door and the brass thumbscrew. I just took mine off and again a performance increase. The area where the washers were had some black gunk on the threads, so they're gone until the day I pull the contact spring back up.

Cl4ud3

I'm running 3 washers and then the pick mod, this means the 3 washers aren't part of the circuit (pick breaks contact). I haven't had any heat problems since I did this and my first post clean a few months back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom