Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The adapter should be an option, cause throwing a hydratube on this bad boy would be a nice simple "in the car session" trick. Otherwise... I'm not sure GonG would be preferable. It would FORCE you to have something that can be adapted, which is ok... But once you put that into a dirty adapter, you won't really want to put it back in your mouth.
:puke:
So as an addon makes more sense, IMO.

Last edited:

slatihe

That pic is of 18/19... Big difference.

Second, I don't think any one suggested you should receive a stem that is double male gong jointed onless you choose too.

Third why on earth any one would put their main mouth piece in a dirty joint with out being ready clean it right after words I doubt know... I would clean the dirty joint first, or just not use that dirty joint with my mouth piece/water adapter in the first place, but that's just me.

@ragnorokk it's already got standard glass joints, thus your point is null... Even if it did not have standard glass joints it could still be adapted...So your in essence aren't we always FORCED to have some thing that CAN be adapted to glass if you wanted to adapt it to glass....
-----

Lol for real, what's with wanting to force people who DO prefer to hook it up to glass to buy extra crap later? Why can't there just be two little mouth pieces, or even better let the end user pic which ever they prefure....

Why is including a tiny pice of glass (that often costs just as much to ship as the adapter costs in the first place) with/in the standard kit such a big deal? Don't use it if you don't want.... Your prolly going to be buying one also (and also paying extra shipping on it to boot) in the end any way, I would wager.
-------

@VegNVape
I like REALLY big hits... Stupid big hits... Clouds so big one really does need water tool or some kind a bag to let it all cool.

What's wrong with that?

Then again... Mini unit/zion-fly might not be fogging out the place.... I think I remember reading @RastaBuddhaTao saying it could combust so it should be possible.....

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Yeah but I just mainly want an RBT mouthpiece style stem.

A massive selling point of this device and the entire RBT range is NOT the adapters themselves but the fact that they are utilizing standard and widely available joint sizes.

And as it is so damn easy to get adapters that to ask for the unit to come with them is kinda defeating/missing the point, imo.

Other manufactures need to do this sort of thing because of their proprietary connections. But not our forward thinking community involved crazy vape inventor RBT (although he might just do it anyway!) :)

@VegNVape
I like REALLY big hits... Stupid big hits... Clouds so big one really does need water tool of die kind our bag to let it all cool.

What's wrong with that?
I don't believe that I said or implied that there is anything wrong with that.

I like big dense cloudy hits too. I do not need water filtration however, although I do enjoy the bubbles on occasion.

:peace:

That pic is of 18/19... Big difference.

Second, I don't think any one suggested you should receive a stem that is double male gong jointed onless you choose too.

Third why on earth any one would put their main mouth piece in a dirty joint with out being ready clean it right after words I doubt know... I would clean the dirty joint first, or just not use that dirty joint with my mouth piece/water adapter in the first place, but that's just me.

@ragnorokk it's already got standard glass joints, thus your point is null... Even if it did not have standard glass joints it could still be adapted...So your in essence aren't we always FORCED to have some thing that CAN be adapted to glass if you wanted to adapt it to glass....
-----

Lol for real, what's with wanting to force people who DO prefer to hook it up to glass to buy extra crap later? Why can't there just be two little mouth pieces, or even better let the end user pic which ever they prefure....

Why is including a tiny pice of glass (that often costs just as much to ship as the adapter costs in the first place) with/in the standard kit such a big deal? Don't use it if you don't want.... Your prolly going to be buying one also (and also paying extra shipping on it to boot) in the end any way, I would wager.
-------

@VegNVape
I like REALLY big hits... Stupid big hits... Clouds so big one really does need water tool or some kind a bag to let it all cool.

What's wrong with that?

Then again... Mini unit/zion-fly might not be fogging out the place.... I think I remember reading @RastaBuddhaTao saying it could combust so it should be possible.....
I thought you meant as the primary mp, which I think would be a mistake. You're talking about having BOTH, which I'm on board for. Why should it be built into the price, rather than purchased along side the vape though (like I did with my long stem mp for the Zion)?

HD Springer

Listen if there is one thing this whole Zion family threads has is a) options b) harmony. Heavy on the b). Part. Given the opportunity to please every one RBT will come as close as any one ever has. That just IMO. We can all like/want somthing different and that's whats so cool about vaporizing in general. I know for a fact that what pleases me really tends to be the exact opposite of what another user wants or needs. What I don't understand is why a person gets upset at what another person likes. Just my thoughts.

Edit I've always thought an option would be nice but def not a deal breaker.

Last edited:

HD Springer

No you haven't messed a thing I really enjoy the discussion. Like I said there should and I'm almost positive once things truly get rolling will be options. Shouldn't be a deal breaker if a piece isn't included. Since they are standardized connectors. Sorry I didn't mean to jump the gun.I'm just a peaceful type by nature.
And after RBT gets a chance to really get going who knows what the options will be. Sky's the limit.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I see both sides, wanna keep the polished portable look, like how Solo does it, and majority of users will use it dry, it is a portable after all, and stupid massive hits still possible dry too, but ofcourse many of us here take advantage of water tools.

However it is much more as the technology warrants a coverall vape, so standard sizing makes adapters easy at least, and they will be sold along side in the store, but included will be one regular portable stem I wager. I bet if you emailed you could work out a swap of that's what you wanted though, time will tell.

Personally I see zero problem using a ground glass as my mouthpiece, I actually mind of like that feel more than the other stems in a way, though I don't have stems to do that really. (I also don't think itd be getting dirty in a water tool joint either, none of mine do now, my bubblers are like caked in res or anything, never been combusted in save for accidental...)

For the record several adapters for 18mm and 14mm are available on eBay for under $10, so already much better than Arizer or other vapes' water adapter options imo

slatihe

@ragnorokk

Actually, I'm taking about the choice to select a double male instead of standard mp OR the standard mp. What ever end user likes/wants best.

But I sure would not be complaining about both that's for sure! Lol
----
Being completely honest... Would end up buying either way... Didn't stop meh before... But most likely would if more vaporizer did. Can only think of pinnacle pro for portables...

-----

Honestly speaking, I just don't like the strait glass stems for dry use at all. It's all about the wooden ones for me.

It's not that they don't work well, just feel like one looks a bit like a high tech crack pipe or something.. Idk don't like the looks of it.
(Might also be attributed to the fact that there are a lot of crack heads round these parts trying to be sneaky, and falling at it, in public... Like even on the bus... Just gotta loves Cali...)

At least that's kinda how I think they look for the nano to me. Never use that glass stem less it's an emergency. I don't know..... Might just be me, but I think they look terrible when you're sitting in the car using them. But the wooden ones, they be looking SLICk! Lol

So in the end I'd probably never use it... Would just replace it with a wooden one any way.

Is it a big deal? No.... But how awesome would just having the choice be?????

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@HD Springer no reason why you couldn't run a glass tube up the inside of a wooden outer sleeve. Then reclaim is still an option. Or if your taste buds can cope with stainless instead. The possibilities are endless @RastaBuddhaTao I've been out of my box, lol, since I saw your openness to customization and the possibility of a kit form. Now I fully see the whole glass 14mm 18mm stuff I can see an easy solution to fit just about any mouthpiece you want.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I never smoked tobacco, never saw the point in smoking it if it didn't get me off my proverbials, so I've had no need to enter the ecig side of things either.
Once again just for illustrative purposes here's some more ideas on outer shell shape. It would all be down to how thick RBT would suggest the wood around the heater needed to be.
QEEpRC4.jpg

If you don't like wood then go metal or carbon fibre.
sitXQML.jpg
xupkJNI.jpg

The gong business is great, easy to load and easily modified to the users liking.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@HD Springer I'm a natural born tinkerer.
Just checked the thread candidates to make sure I hadn't missed something new from @RastaBuddhaTao.
As there isn't I thought I would see if we can't get him to add a new line.
So how about a 26650/14 with a sleeve for the ability to use 18650 batteries as well. The extra mah would give the user a few more hits.
Or some adapters to allow an 18350 to become an 18650 or an 18650 to go full on Zion.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I am all for options, and I use my Zion multiple ways. We need to remember that options have a price and many will like to keep the cost of whichever Zion they choose as low as possible. By reducing the number of included adapters we keep the cost down while still allowing folk to add anything they like, without having to pay for something they might not use. So I like the idea of RBT offering many options in his store, but keeping the base price as low as possible with only a stem or 2 included? And the standard sizes allow us to easily get other options (like worked stems from JoDa) from other places.
The relatively low entry price of the Zion is part of it's draw. Lets not reduce it's marketability by driving up its price.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Fully agree @cybrguy but as it's a wooden body the extra costs would be minimal.
It costs the same to drill a hole for an 18650 as it does for a 26650. The extra cost would come from the fact that the initial timber size would be slightly bigger and outside finishing would be marginally more. Thats why I suggested sleeving an 18650 to fit the hole for a 26650. Already being done in the flashlight world. The beauty of wood is that nobody has to make a mould, plastic, or former, metal, to make changes to the form but I am with you all the way on costing.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Not really objecting to ANY idea for optional features or addons. Just want to get the retail product out on the street. I am quite sure RBT intends to offer some optional features later (like different buttons) but just not at the start. Whether or not a different power plant (batteries) will be an option I wouldn't even try to guess at this point. I wouldn't even be surprised to see a plugin version later. 26650s seem too big to be made to fit the current Zion body, however, and I personally don't think I want something bigger. But I am just me. :)

Last edited:

slatihe

Soooo.... who's testing?

Haven't really heard anything from by this... honestly I'm more interested in the other two. Love the conservation on 10mm stems and love the power of TOD, the biker slayer....

But what of this one?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Soooo.... who's testing?

Haven't really heard anything from by this... honestly I'm more interested in the other two. Love the conservation on 10mm stems and love the power of TOD, the biker slayer....

But what of this one?

Pak has an alpha, but the beta with the button is with Karma right now (actually RBT may still be using it), I think it's kinda at a pause so Zion production can be finalized and kicked off first

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom