the Pulse

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
depends, the pulse button turns on the pulse while the turbo button gives you on demand 100% power. However you need to hold the pulse button in order to activate the turbo function. its a safety feature.
Interesting design. Sounds versatile. As long as it is comfortable to use with one or both buttons it sounds cool

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: Sativapo

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Same stems as the Imp O ring stem. I've measured about 35 mg in that stem and it vaped nicely. Stay tuned

For the o-rings, I'd recommend looking into some sort of notch or something that could help stems insert easier, and also even more important, remove easier...

Shit Snacks,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Saw an IG of the double pancake coil. That pleased me a lot.

The touch was my favorite unregulated vape. I think the double pancake is slightly special.

oddjobold,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Well we have contradictory demands here: some people complain their o-rings were too loose and either the shell or the stem could part during transport, while at the same time I for instance am super happy that my Impcognito fit is to tight that I can hold the entire device only by the glass stem (so weight of the mod, the battery and the Imp) and it doesn't fall.

To me this is very nice and a feature. The stem never falls on its own, no lipstick incidents ever, I can shake it, put it upside down and it stays firmly put. Also no risk damaging the coils as the shell is also super tight (well maybe too tight even...)

I understand some people have hand dexterity problems though, but they just have to lube their o-rings no?

KeroZen,
Reactions: C No Ego

Shit Snacks

Well we have contradictory demands here: some people complain their o-rings were too loose and either the shell or the stem could part during transport, while at the same time I for instance am super happy that my Impcognito fit is to tight that I can hold the entire device only by the glass stem (so weight of the mod, the battery and the Imp) and it doesn't fall.

To me this is very nice and a feature. The stem never falls on its own, no lipstick incidents ever, I can shake it, put it upside down and it stays firmly put. Also no risk damaging the coils as the shell is also super tight (well maybe too tight even...)

I understand some people have hand dexterity problems though, but they just have to lube their o-rings no?

I have no interest in lubing anything lol

I don't think there is a need to hold the pulse by the stem, personally, I want to be able to slide them in and out more easily without any oils.

I don't know if my impcognito has newer or older o-rings however, but its a bit too tight for me...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: KeroZen

Sativapo

My ebony imp has a fine fit for the glass stems. You can hold it by the stem but you can turn it easily for even roasting or getting it out. My ebony stems though retracted a bit with the heat and I added a little o-ring around them to secure them more.

Sativapo,
Reactions: KeroZen

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Hi all, I've been making a lot of progress on the Pulse. (Old thread on fc is here.) The third proto has survived multiple take apart/put back together cycles. The first 2 prototypes were not rugged enough to survive the stress.
29FF4873-9FEC-46A2-BB3E-C149C80B2469.jpeg
The set screws are part of a copper connector that bolt to the circuit board. With four soldered on copper/silver bolts and the wood connection board it is very secure.
604C41A6-9CB3-4E54-A49C-BDD41AEC6057.jpeg
163BA5DE-6437-4D0F-8C65-DC659E62BD8D.jpeg
I have some ideas for the case, going to go for a design with as much panache as i can muster
F076999B-9049-41C9-BFAF-684DEE706518.jpeg
Now that the basic construction is nailed down I can start testing various airpaths and coils.262D18F1-E157-4EF1-8294-341D452CB8D7.jpeg

Shit Snacks

Nice steady progress for sure!

Glad to see you here as well, don't forget to create new threads for all your other products too!

If it helps, in portables I think you need:
- one called "MistVape Touch / MVT2"
- one called "MistVape Imp / Impcognito"
- one called "MistVape (Bare) Essence"
- and maybe one called "MistVape OG"

Not sure about the last one, since it has been such a long time, not sure if you are still selling those OG units anymore either? But it was a pretty great plug in portable desktop log box! Come a long way

Then you should probably create a couple threads in here Vapor-related Equipment

- one called "Accessories by MistVape (for VapCap and more)"
- and another called "MistVape Beast 510 VapCap Heater"

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
While working on the latest design i came up with a great idea for the airpath. Then i broke the circuit board.
Since i had to make a new board i decided to switch the electronics to a microchip chip, i think it is 8k ram fully programmable.
29343F2A-D631-4EA2-AC54-B452C727B124.jpeg
That is just the etched board
This has 20% fewer components than the last circuit.
Hope to have this operational in a few days?

elykpeace

exVASted
While working on the latest design i came up with a great idea for the airpath. Then i broke the circuit board.
Since i had to make a new board i decided to switch the electronics to a microchip chip, i think it is 8k ram fully programmable.
View attachment 1278
That is just the etched board
This has 20% fewer components than the last circuit.
Hope to have this operational in a few days?
Looking great dave !

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Finally got it all together. Here is the circuit in a test rig to confirm things are working. The turbo function is working and the temp control part is working but needs some tweaking to get a good range of temps. Once that is set I'll load the circuit into a vape frame and try it out
48C843CB-8608-4EA9-8985-868AC87DD84C.jpeg

Floridbud

Just went back and read the history for the first time. Really looking forward to this. 2 buttons, a slider and an on/off switch, sounds like the perfect interface. Can't wait to see it, pretty sure this one will be irresistable.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Every tweak turns into a project, but it is all working nicely. This has the programmable chip. Turbo function gets the coil up to glowing temp in 4 seconds and the slider will adjust the coil temp from about 300 to 700 degrees F. When it is installed and you are drawing it will likely keep the coil from glowing.
http://instagr.am/p/CByIO9KnQ-k/ An ig vid of it in action

lookhigh

FC member
pic is not showing? I really want to see it.
Akh... i got it instathingy.

Last edited:
lookhigh,

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I've gone through multiple designs and the latest board has been installed and removed a dozen times and it is still working great.
That let me come up with an air path that works. See this Instagram post
http://instagr.am/p/CDAIw7BHpoA/ The current case is just a piece of pine and the buttons and other electronics are just hanging out the bottom.
The really good news is this is the best vape I've ever made. Definitely need to get a few beta units out and test the heck out of it.
I'm working on the first fancy wood case. It's quilted maple and walnut.
Betas in a couple of weeks

Top Bottom