• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The "Project" DIY Herbal Vaporizer

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Yes, started to use peek insulators near the end. Nylon works fine if using normally. However, will deform if overheated or left on too long.
Here is the comparison between Nylon and Peek. It was actually the lower nylon insulator that caused a short on the peek side one. The peek never did fail.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Well, let's just say it's on a back burner that may be a while before I get back to it.
The Induction heater endeavor has taken up all my time these days and not giving me a breather. If/when things cool off there, I'll get back to the Projects. Until then. :ninja:

hErF

Hi Pipe,
Hi all the FC comunity,

Would you have links for these three parts?

304 Stainless Steel Piping
Stainless steel bolt M2.5*25mm (Phillips head, replaces above hex head)
304 Stainless Steel Nut M2.5

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
The screws and washers are easy enough as can search Amazon for 2.5mm bolt or washer. The 14mm tubing is a little harder as suppliers keep changing. IIRC, I ended up getting from eBay the last time. 14mm OD 12mm ID seamless is the size you want. :sherlock:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Using my shitfucker today and yesterday.

I'm realising I never actually got to grips with it as I liked the OG project and how big my modded bowl was.

I'm LOVING the shitfucker right now :) Using dabs for the effect and the shitfucker just for taste and a few clouds.

Its lovely! :)

Glad I had this hiding in a drawer :)

Thanks again @Pipes

mtgawesome

Does anyone have a new parts list? I'm finding it hard to follow this thread because some of the images are not available to access.

mtgawesome,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
If you can use service temps to around 340F, take a look at Ultem (PEI). This is a hard plastic often used for electrical fixtures. A bit cheaper than Peek.

TommyDee,
Reactions: KeroZen

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I copied these links from my bookmarks. Some are good but most are dead but at least there is a description. I started getting from Amazon after. The 14mm ss pipe is hit and miss on eBay.
Here's an important improvement.
Peek center pin Insulator

Pipes Project Vaporizer

510 Ego Adapter
510 Heat Sink
14mm SS Pipe
M2.5 Nut
M2.5*18 Hex Bolt
M2.5 Spring Washer
M3*9 Washer
M3*12 Washer
M3 Insulated Washer (use peek)
#113 O Ring
#10 O Ring

BTW, my custom Project is still working great! Less the spinner which died after a couple of weeks. :D
I use daily and have never ever cleaned the lower oven part and coming up to 3 years. :ko:
Best hard-hitting portable ever. :science:

20170727_2306451_zpsd3zquzdh.gif

mtgawesome

I copied these links from my bookmarks. Some are good but most are dead but at least there is a description. I started getting from Amazon after. The 14mm ss pipe is hit and miss on eBay.
Here's an important improvement.
Peek center pin Insulator

Pipes Project Vaporizer

510 Ego Adapter
510 Heat Sink
14mm SS Pipe
M2.5 Nut
M2.5*18 Hex Bolt
M2.5 Spring Washer
M3*9 Washer
M3*12 Washer
M3 Insulated Washer (use peek)
#113 O Ring
#10 O Ring

BTW, my custom Project is still working great! Less the spinner which died after a couple of weeks. :D
I use daily and have never ever cleaned the lower oven part and coming up to 3 years. :ko:
Best hard-hitting portable ever. :science:

20170727_2306451_zpsd3zquzdh.gif
How would you suggest we make the wooden case? Could it be replaced with another material like something I could 3d print?

mtgawesome,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I have never gotten into 3D printing myself (yet). Interesting thought though. It needs to be heat resistant and no off-gassing when heated as well as odorless. A tough goal for something that needs to be melted to form.

Another medium is to stick with the theme and use more SS piping.
Here is a prototype I made a while back and gifted it out.

This is not as easy as it first looks. The top lip is critical to hold stuff in place. I used a second SS tube that the OD equals the ID of the outside tube. I cleaned the top of the larger tube heated it till red hot and hammered the smaller tube into the heated larger tube until it was about 1.5mm into the top. It was a very tight fit and had to hammer the hell out of it to get it to go in. The piece I hammered in was a couple of centimeters hanging out to handle and hammer on. After it cooled down, I cut off this access in my lathe. Then evened out and polished. Drilled out the intake holes. I see in the picture some SOS pad soap residue still in them. :doh:
The rest is just installing the Orings from the bottom. 4 first to be the holder for the stem, followed by a larger screen. I found I had to use thinner Oring below as the #113s are too thick. Insert 2 and push up against the screen, then 2-3 more on the heater tube pushed down to the bottom. Now the heater can be inserted up into the tube and if measured correctly, the heater top should just touch the screen. I can't remember all the SS sizing.
The benefits: Built like a tank and will last virtually forever. Same great "Project performance"
The downfalls: Gets quite hot to touch. Not burn hot but sensitive skin ouch! Also, quite heavy weightwise.

The Eraser material was great but needs a lot to get set up. Jigs and molds.
The best is still a good hardwood but takes a lathe.

Have fun! :science:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Good find if one will fit. Here is the link to the PEEK ones I ended up using. https://www.fasttech.com/p/8392100 Discontinued now. :(
I think the only way to be sure would be to order what looks right to try. I don't understand the way they laid out their measurements. in the description but a longer inner insulator would be welcomed. If you find one that fits, let me know. They want $85 to ship them to Canada. :ninja:
BTW, the peek has not distorted or given any trouble for me since I installed it years back now and I use it daily.

RAG

this seems like just the kind of project I was looking for, will try to source all the materials over here in the EU to try to build one a little bit different. as I need a bit of conduction as well. Any tips or ideas to accomplish this Pipes? Otherwise do you still have units you're willing to sell? Bumping a several years old thread hehe.

JettyRatt

just joined the forum specifically because of this thread. at 52 combusting flower is too hard on me and to be honest i hear people say what flavors they get out of different strains but all i taste is tar and ashes, I recently tried low temp convection vape OMG i can deffinately taste the terps. So i ordered a box mod lostvape 200w, for the purpose of building a "project" or a sh****cer, however i have no experience with any of this. I am going to get a drip atomizer and some 0% nic juice to start with as a jumping in point to learning what the box mod can do. And continue my self education in electrical coil engineering as it applies to botanical vapor extractors.

Mribisback_

Welcome, friend. In addition to this thread, this other DIY thread has some info on vaping herb with drippers. Have fun, and good luck.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
at 52 combusting flower is too hard on me and to be honest i hear people say what flavors they get out of different strains but all i taste is tar and ashes

LOL, sounds very familiar :tup:.... So much good flower wasted by burning it....

510 coil-based designs are great for portability and (maybe) easy to find components - however, I would not touch anything other than stainless steel and titanium and avoid o-rings unless silicone and not in the hottest part.
These designs are totally outclassed for convection vaping by tabletop designs.... There's a whole other world of flavour and effect out here!

Haze Mister,
Top Bottom