The Pollen Extractor tiny tumbler, this thing is SWEET!

IamN2pot

I did a search of the FC site for the Pollen Extractor. It was last mentioned in Dec, 2016, here. https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pollen-extractor.23349/
Time for an update:
Well, I was doing some serious Googling for dry sift screens when I ran across the Pollen Extractor, here. https://pollenextractor.com/Shop/en/ so I ordered one. You know how sometimes you only read what you want to see? Well, in the discription of the tumbler, it talks about it having a stainless steel filter screen. (the original 2016 modle did) I was sold! farther down the page, in the data it clearly states that the filter is nylon (silkscreen) as is pictured. But lugnut here failed to read and comprehend that part. I was to wound up on the SS screen, I ordered one. So when the machine arrived, with silkscreen, I was extreemly disapointed. Then, there was an issue with the silkscreen. It had a frayed looking spot in the material. So, shoot off an unfriendly email with my problems with the machine and it's discription. The service from Pollen Extractor has been above 5 stars. I sent in pictures of the damaged silkscreen along with my disappointment with the silkscreen when I was expecting SS screen. The next day I had my answer. After appoligizing for the misunderstanding for not updating the discription and the defective tumbler silkscreen, they offered to send me a "new line SS tumbler" to replace the damaged silkscreen one and suggested I simple place some tape on both sides of the silkscreen to make it usable. I did, you can see the tape in the picture. So yesterday I recieved my new tumbler and today they have the new SS screen also available on the website, for a slight increase in price over the silkscreen, here. https://pollenextractor.com/Shop/en/new-products These little things are about 6"x6"x5 7/8" tumbler and fits easily into a fridge or freezer. I ran mine in my chest freezer and the results were wonderful. I got the 150u screen to do my initial seperation and then clean/card the results over a 45u to get FULL melt. Pictures below of the 150u and after cleaning over the 45u.
I did a review of the machine with the silkscreen tumbler on another THC Farming (LOL) forum and sent them the link to read it. I guess they liked it because in my latest email from them, they gave me a 10% discount code to share with friends and forum members. So if you want one of these tiny tumblers, take an additional 10% off.
The 10% discount code is: [redacted] and will be good through the end of Feb, 2023, so don't wait to long. Wasn't that nice of them :D:leaf:. Thanks Pollen Extractor!

Ready for some pictures? I hope you enjoy!
Well, I can't upload video to the image host I'm using, sooooo, if you want to see the machine in action, click here.

IMG-20230112-194717.jpg

IMG-20230112-201555.jpg

...and the new SS screen tumbler. :clap: They're round while the silkscreen is square. You can see the small taped area on the silkscreen.
IMG-20230125-163216.jpg

I did 5 runs. 5min, 15min, 1hr, 4hr and the 5th was also 4 hrs but after I lightly crushed the trin to get those last trichomes. The starting material was about 25 grams.
IMG-20230116-100724.jpg

THe top row is what was later cleaned through a 45u to remove debrie. On the bottom row, all was full melt except the 5th pile. It went onto my S&B Plenty. YUM!

IMG-20230116-130401.jpg

Starting material from the 150u silkscreen, followed but a picture of the cleaned full melt trichomes.
2023-01-13-144502838.jpg

2023-01-14-180752107.jpg

Modnote: Affiliate discount code removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Looks amazing. Tempted with one of these for small runs.
Having used it would you stick with the 150 screen? I'm considering the 120 before using a 45 screen.
Cheers

Last edited:
Chicken No Name,
Reactions: Shrike

IamN2pot

Looks amazing. Tempted with one of these for small runs.
Having used it would you stick with the 150 screen? I'm considering the 120 before using a 45 screen.
Cheers

As best as I know, in general, mature trichomes will run up to around the 130u to 140u size. Most websites have the range of Capitate-stalked trichomes at 50u-100u, so yes, a 120u will work grate for those. But if you have some of the largest trichomes, apperantly they can get as large as 500u, you may want the 150u or even the 180u? Here, form your own oppinion, https://www.greenbroz.com/blog/trichome-development-stages.
I hope that helps you. Needless to say, I love mine and it's, IMHO the perfect size (and price!) for "personal" use.
I set mine up, ready to plug in and go, and drop it into my mini chest freezer. That is set to it's lowest setting and drops the temp to -10*F. You can see a video of it at work linked to in the original post. No need for dry ice or any of that mess. SWEET little tumbler, and that would be good, but add to it the exceptional service I recieved from them and I'm one very happy customer. Then they replied to one of my emails with the [redacted] discount code "to share with friends and forum members". Seemed to me kinda like icing on the cake, SWEET!
N2

Modnote: Affiliate coupon code removed

Last edited by a moderator:

farmerpalmersnt

I've got the old model and it's awesome doing fresh frozen trim in the freezer. I dry it fast in my curer fridge and the resulting kief makes hash rosin that's very close to live rosin without the ballache of freeze drying or making fresh frozen bubble hash.

They're awesome little bits of kit. Small capacity but for personal stash brilliant. And the kief is crazy clean, even when I've forgotten about it and over tumbled.

IamN2pot

I've got the old model and it's awesome doing fresh frozen trim in the freezer. I dry it fast in my curer fridge and the resulting kief makes hash rosin that's very close to live rosin without the ballache of freeze drying or making fresh frozen bubble hash.

They're awesome little bits of kit. Small capacity but for personal stash brilliant. And the kief is crazy clean, even when I've forgotten about it and over tumbled.

I can't wait to tumble some fresh frozen! I'm currently steaming some flowers so that I can carefully seperated them into as small pieces as I dare, re-dry and tumble in my freezer with the new stainless steel screen. :ko:

...and after checking with mods, FC members can 'private message' me, for more info/details about my OP. I didn't mean to break rules with the OP. :doh:
Keep vaping!!!

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I've ordered one. The promo code usage had been exceeded so I asked them to reactivate which they did. Great service so far.

I've also ordered a few screens from:

Excellent to have @farmerpalmersnt seal of approval!

Looking forward to playing next week in this cold weather.

AWistfulNihilist

That's really incredible, it's such a subtle greening on the last run after so many hours and a crush! I'm sorry if I missed it, was that 25 grams of starting material, what was your end yield?

AWistfulNihilist,

IamN2pot

That's really incredible, it's such a subtle greening on the last run after so many hours and a crush! I'm sorry if I missed it, was that 25 grams of starting material, what was your end yield?
Yep on the 25gr starting trim. Finished product weight? I didn't weigh it.

IamN2pot,

AWistfulNihilist

Yep on the 25gr starting trim. Finished product weight? I didn't weigh it.
I bet that shit was gone too fast to think about! Honestly you can tell it's a great yield just by looking at the size of the piles in relation to the razor blade. That alone on 25grams would be enough to sell me. I'm restarting a grow this summer and this thing is like hella the right price to process the trim.

Asteroweed

I've ordered one. The promo code usage had been exceeded so I asked them to reactivate which they did. Great service so far.

I've also ordered a few screens from:

Excellent to have @farmerpalmersnt seal of approval!

Looking forward to playing next week in this cold weather.
Hi,

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a point of having the skunk sifters set AND the OP machine? Just to experiment with both?

Asteroweed,

Hippie

The screens will allow you to further refine the kief and separate the different size trichomes

Love using my Heisenberg tumbler
I would advise running the pollen extractor in a box or under a cover as I get a lot of trichs on the sides of the Heisenberg box

Asteroweed

The screens will allow you to further refine the kief and separate the different size trichomes

Love using my Heisenberg tumbler
I would advise running the pollen extractor in a box or under a cover as I get a lot of trichs on the sides of the Heisenberg box
oh, ok

I am watching the version of the machine with 2 or 5 filters.
Orr maybe I coulduse my 4L bubble bags to make my own "filters" for this machine :hmm:?

Asteroweed,
Reactions: IamN2pot
Top Bottom