The Official FC Pets & Animals thread

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
QoODpPx.jpg

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Went to farmer's market yesterday and bought some plants for pots on the deck. 'Little man' had to pull inspection...

LIqPKMk.jpg

While I was planting, I looked over and noticed a bunch of bird poop.... thought oh no... not another robin's nest... Looked up and thought I saw a nest....It was right by my head.... thought that's an odd nest... Shit... it has eyes!!!

Freaked me the fuck out.

2JI16HL.jpg

ZJi57eB.jpg

sorry for the shitty pics. Between using my phone, the lighting and my being freaked out..... :shrug:

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
Last Sunday I visited Mom - at 90, she still has all marbles & good health. Brought camera to try for some shots of a Costa's (I think) Hummingbird nest on her patio while still occupied.

The fledglings took their first flights while I was there! Pictures aren't great quality; I couldn't get high/close enough or use the zoom lens w/o a tripod. But Mom and I had a lot of fun watching. Thought some of you might enjoy seeing a few of them. These were shot from approximately 1:20 to 2:30 p.m.

Crowded nest - moving/fluttering wings between feedings:
tBCluH4.jpg

fssw6ne.jpg

oYOO35G.jpg

Mom watching from patio's outer edge, below blue dangling thing:
zXgRAk6.jpg

Both babies turned around and flew like champs within a minute after this:
x5BolrK.jpg

Mom at empty nest:
huACyY5.jpg

There was a lot of flying, chirping, and mom finding babies where they'd landed in nearby bushes that I couldn't capture. The mother is supposed to keep feeding them for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom