• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Meditation Thread

Do you meditate?

• Yes, regularly.

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Yes, but I would like to do so more regularly.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Yes, but only sometimes/infrequently.

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • No, but I would like to start.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • No, and I am not interested in starting.

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

shredder

I've been meditating since my teens but have never read a book, taken a class or heard a lecture. But it all started in my childhood when I would frequently go out in the bush and just sit, listen and breathe. First hearing about meditation in my teens it already sounded familiar but it's association with foreign religion more or less kept me from seeking it out initially. I suppose I practice more eastern meditation of emptying ones self. I don't find these mindful/guided meditations useful, they are to rigid, to listen to me and do what I say but I guess they really work for others. I meditate several times a day, off and on weed, for as little as 15 minutes to a couple hours. I wake up early, hours before the rest of the house so I meditate in my lazy boy with my eyes closed in the dark, staring by clearing my mind and focusing on my breathing listening to the crickets chirping and the wind through the leaves of the trees until I'm no longer thinking of my breath and I'm just existing in the moment just part of my surroundings, free from thought and any neuroses about my life. I'll typically keep that up until the morning chorus of bird songs, open my eyes and watch the sunrise then vape. Daytime meditations are usually shorter, I frequently do it with my eyes open, looking out the window at the swaying trees or watching my dog sleep and breathe along with her. At night in bed I scratch my dog and focus on my breathing until I just fall asleep.

Im a little different in my practice. I focus on my breathing, drawing energy through the 7 chakras with each breath. I also silently repeat a mantra, I, on my inhales and AM, on my exhales. Easier than it might sound. Eventually I may drift into nothingness, but even if I don't, focusing silently on your breathing directs your mind leaving less room for random thoughts. It's nice to give your brain a time out, lol.

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
I meditate daily, 1.5 hours in the morning and 1.5 hours in the evening. I consider myself an intermediate meditator. I find (microdosing) cannabis to really help with separating yourself from your thoughts and really allows you to follow your breath (or whatever other object of meditation you choose to use) and you become so well introverted and self-aware, that with such ease that it feels like cheating.

It feels like it gives you a video-game-like +1 level to your meditation skills while on it. But I try to not use it because you still should know how to focus your meditation without any outside extras, if you are serious about meditation

The biggest benefit cannabis gives me while meditating, is my mind isn't fighting to call it quits over and over after the first 60-75min have passed (is it 1.5 hours yet? Geez it has to be. Any minute now...Etc) . I can keep on going, it feels like it gives you meditation stamina/endurance

----

Just don't lie to yourself and just be high (and all associated with it, like being sucked into thoughts) and pretending to yourself that you're meditating. Recognize that the point of meditation is to still the mind first, and not knowing how to microdose cannabis can do the opposite (even if it feels nice)

Last edited:

daoist

For the past few weeks i felt inspired to do meditation. Lot of my inspiration comes from the Troy and Jerry think dank streams.
I have done meditation before, but my problem was more that i don't actually start doing it.

But this week i meditated every day for at least 10 minutes. And i actually already feel a difference now.
I sort of force myself to schedule it. I normally don't like that because if i schedule things it feels that i am forced to do it if that makes sense.

But the new me is now walking, running and meditating.

I just feel less annoyed with things, and also it makes me more motivated to get some shit done. I cleaned my house and everything.I tried meditating on weed also, but i feel it works best with a focused strain.

Does anyone have a good "guided" meditation video?
I tried one that worked great, it last only 10 minutes though. And when the video is over i feel it lasted only 4 minutes, while it was actually 10 minutes. So i need a longer video/audio. maybe 15 or 20 minutes would be oke.

Rab

Does it count as meditation if I am unintentionally thinking about absolutely nothing :sherlock:
Jokes aside I think the scheduling process alone can improve your life as it teaches discipline, there isn't much better you could choose to schedule on your free time first, and its believable that you start doing other positive things afterwards. Just don't be annoyed at yourself if you fall off this good habits phase, and into a more natural rhythm. Meditation will always be there for you, even if you don't partake much.
I've been using headspace for a while. If you are looking for guided meditations this app does very high quality ones, at a fair price. "Calm" is another option I have used in the past, more focused on anxiety.

Rab,
Reactions: daoist

daoist

I am still meditating 20 minutes in the afternoon. I was thinking about doing a morning session in the morning.
Are there any specific morning meditations one can do or is it all more or less the same because you focus inward?

daoist,
Top Bottom