The Kind Pen – TruVá Portable Herb Vaporizer

hi_there

From their website:

The Kind Pen is happy to release the TruVã the answer to all of those looking for a ZERO combustion true vaporization experience . With a chamber large enough to hold up to .8 gram of dry herbs the TruVã will certainly provide a full days enjoyment(20-30 full draws). Three temperature settings allows you to choose the perfect temp for your specific dried herbs(320,374 or 446 degrees f).

Simple no hassle use backed with The Kind Pen’s LIFETIME WARRANTY!

http://www.thekindpen.com/products/the-kind-pen-truva/

I just got hold of one the other day and the only post I found on FC was one where someone said they think this is a re-brand of another vaporizer.

I sent this question to support:

can you tell me - is the product I ordered just a re-branded China vaporizer? Or is it sold as other model names elsewhere?

The answer was this:

our truva is the only one like it, it is our design

I have only been using it for two days now, so I don't have a complete review but I will say this:

- Build quality seems pretty good. Slightly higher quality than my Imag+, lesser quality than my Arizer Air.
- The unit smelled really funky, robot fart and plastic garbage bag smell when I opened the box.
- Did 5 burn-offs on top temp, cleaned chamber and mouthpiece with ISO and smell is reduced by maybe 20%-25%
- Did a few bowls - smell and taste is funky. No visible vapor on the low setting, decent vapor on the middle setting.
- Unit gets really hot on red setting, especially once you go back to back. By the third draw on Med. setting the vapor is warm.

I like the quality of the build, I like the look, portability and vapor on medium temp seems promising but I can tell you for sure that if I can't get the smell/taste away, I won't be using this at-all. I will go for another few burn-offs tonight and q-tip it down some more but I am worried about what is causing such a strong smell.

hi_there,
Reactions: mrweed

hi_there

I think you may be right, it looks like the REX. Either way I have decided to sell it, the vape is just too harsh, even if the plastic fart smell is eventually gone. I am not going to bother since I have the Imag+ to tide me over until the hopefully good reviews of the Grasshopper come out.

Last edited:
hi_there,
Reactions: mrweed

FrigginRights

I have tried this unit, and it combusts in the last setting, however that was in the older model. Not really sure if they have updated since I have bought it a couple months ago.

FrigginRights,
Top Bottom