The Incredible Extraction Contraption - a DIY BYOH Vaporizer Kit From DDave

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Very interested about this one. Has anyone tried it yet?

"The Do It Yourself Bring Your Own Heater Vaporizer Kit

It's true! We were able to create the Vaporizer seen in the photos for approximately $50-$60, in addition to the pieces provided in this kit.

Do it yourself! (Build it the way you want it! The photos demonstrate how DDave set up his Vape Station. How will you set up yours?)

Bring your own heat! (Compatible with many soldering irons, but we recommend Atten ST2090-D!)

A powerful and flexible herb vaporizer that you create... The way you want it!

Two ways to use it!

1. Mounted to the station temperature control unit and used as a desktop vaporizer. (18mm upward facing male heater cover)
  2. UnMounted, as an injection vaporizer.

Available in two variations:
  1. Metered Injection Nozzle: 12mm of metered airflow, evenly distributed around the heater core.
  2. High Flow Injection Nozzle: 16mm of metered airflow, evenly distributed around the heater core.

Packed Heater for Stable Performance, two options:
  1. 2mm heater balls - these turn the injection nozzle into a dense vapor producing beast. Airflow is dampened into a compressed wave of heated air. By far the most cloud producing. Also the quickest time from cold to vaporizing temperatures. (Ok, they're DDave's favorite!)
  2. 2.5mm heater balls - much higher airflow. Hits are less dense, sessions are longer. They also take a bit longer to heat up. But for those who crave higher airflow or want the ability to meter their own airflow, these are the heater packing to seek.

(Note on heater ball material: They're Stainless Steel, however a version mixed with a very high carbon content during manufacture giving the material 3x-4x better thermal properties for use in vaporizing applications. Basically, they are the best performing heater packing material we've used yet.)"

Assembly Instructions and Parts List can be found here:

https://www.ddavemods.com/diy-vaporizer.html

just got mine in the mail, have been experimenting with it.
so far i really dig it.
kit was easy to put together, just got one of these off amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087832Y16?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

already had the glass bowls/extraction chambers for the arizer EQ. I like that i can switch it to an injector style or have it mounted.
i'm liking it mounted since i'm a klutz and don't want to burn myself

extraction has been awesome. have to keep the temp < 400 on the particular bowl i was using. It combusted on me. 390 seems to work good for me and leaves me with darker ABV.

overall i think it's a great idea and allows for easy modding/configuration.
i don't have a diff type of nail/coil to compare it to, but it's become my daily.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I have been pondering over this for a long time. I pressed the button. There are various option but I have gone for 16 x mm high flow tip, with the smaller 2mm ss balls. £60 delivered. I already have a terptorch style atten soldering iron. I will need another soldering iron for regular use. I will report back!

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Okay so my Atten iron is a ST-2065D.

I have just ordered the handskit 927 iron from Amazon. This is recommended on the ddave website and was only £20. He also recommended an Atten ST-2090D but that comes with a basestation, and I want something more compact.

I think this needs a dedicated soldering iron. I don't solder too much but with all the SS balls it's gonna be a pain to swap between soldering and vaping.

Now the question is, which iron should I use? I am verging toward the handskit. Its 100w compare to 65w, hower it does look a bit cheaper.

Any one have an opinion which iron I should use?

stinkbud

I'm thinking it pulling the trigger on this. Is this the budget ball vape I have been looking for to should I go with a PID controller for a TiTi or Pinky?

stinkbud,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I have one, but I have not really tried it out yet. I had a brief go. I set the iron to 190c but was not really getting any vapor. Either I did not preheat enough or it needs to be set higher. I really need a decent stand for the iron, the one I have does not fit. More testing will be done.

oddjobold,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Thanks for the link. I got this one, and it had a $2.00 off coupon. Combine that with the $25 off at Ddave Mods, and it was almost free!
Well, $18 and $50 is reasonable, anyway. Have a double walled stainless steel cup to throw it in. I'm sure I'm missing something, and I'm sure it will become obvious, but it's off to a good start.

Madri-Gal,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Raskolnikov

I see ddave mods mentioned all the time, wish I could browse and see for myself but it seems that due to my location I can't access his store at all :shrug:
You can get the exact same DDave mod for the Arizer EQ on ebay for about five pounds. My Arizer EQ has died so no use for the bowl anymore, so if thats what you want you can have mine. It makes a huge difference to the amount of vapour produced and it can be turned upside down too and you can then microdose if thats your thing.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
You can get the exact same DDave mod for the Arizer EQ on ebay for about five pounds. My Arizer EQ has died so no use for the bowl anymore, so if thats what you want you can have mine. It makes a huge difference to the amount of vapour produced and it can be turned upside down too and you can then microdose if thats your thing.
I think you posted on the wrong thread. This is not for the EQ. This is for the Incredible Extraction Contraption.

Grass Yes,

Raskolnikov

I think you posted on the wrong thread. This is not for the EQ. This is for the Incredible Extraction Contraption.
Ah sorry, i misunderstood. I forgot Ddave sells so many different things nowadays.
For owners of the extraction contraption, how is the device? I've never even heard of it till this morning. It is only 50 dollars to buy a new one and even with having to buy a soldering iron it is still relatively inexpensive for a desktop vape.

Raskolnikov,

lovinlivinlife

I'm Sexy... I'm a Scholar... People Like Me...
What's shaking my fellow fuckcombustioner's? Hope things have been well. :tup:

About 6 months ago I contacted ddave and picked up an Incredible Extraction Contraption to put on a Ryobi 120W 18V Portable Soldering Iron.

About 3 months ago I got around to finally doing it. :lol: And have had my balls unplugged ever since. :clap:

Plenty of portable power (120W). Adjustable temperature. 30-40 second heat up time. 1.5 ah battery gets about 5-6 sessions. Heating and Cool Down indicator light. The attached holder / heat guard works great. I did have to re-thread the soldering iron a little for the Omega Vaping nozzle to fit, as it was not the exact thread, but close. My quest for a portable ball vape is complete. Now, time to work on my videography skills. :D

Balls off the Walls!:rockon:

Take Care, FC. LovinLivinLife:love:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
My Herborizer broke in multiple ways and some weeks ago I stumbled across this baby. Had an fitting Atten soldering station so I pulled the trigger.
Sadly shipping and f&@€*# customs cost over 50€, but still, this is the best bang for the buck injector heaters out there!

Doesn’t have to hide from a Flowerpot or the Herborizer when it goes to extraction and usability/handling.

Only con is the taste, which is still very very good, but simply can’t compare to an all glass device.

Alex3oe,

Rodney

Hey bud can I please ask how long you had your Arizer EQ before it died? as it is my current vape and just wondering thnx :)

Raskolnikov

Hey bud can I please ask how long you had your Arizer EQ before it died? as it is my current vape and just wondering thnx :)
Not sure exactly but around 5 years but that is with heavy use. Turn it on in the morning and left it all day. The remote stopped working after a few years but I just used the temp buttons on the unit. It started to turn itself off after about an hour. Now it doesn't even get to temp before turning off.
My preferred way of using was starting at 185 on fan 1 with the glass elbow adapter, whip and DDave bowl then a couple of 10 degree step ups.

PizzaWizard

What's shaking my fellow fuckcombustioner's? Hope things have been well. :tup:

About 6 months ago I contacted ddave and picked up an Incredible Extraction Contraption to put on a Ryobi 120W 18V Portable Soldering Iron.

About 3 months ago I got around to finally doing it. :lol: And have had my balls unplugged ever since. :clap:

Plenty of portable power (120W). Adjustable temperature. 30-40 second heat up time. 1.5 ah battery gets about 5-6 sessions. Heating and Cool Down indicator light. The attached holder / heat guard works great. I did have to re-thread the soldering iron a little for the Omega Vaping nozzle to fit, as it was not the exact thread, but close. My quest for a portable ball vape is complete. Now, time to work on my videography skills. :D

Balls off the Walls!:rockon:

Take Care, FC. LovinLivinLife:love:

Looks great I might copy this eventually. I've been looking for a ball vape I can take camping and this looks perfect. I wonder if it might work on a butane powered soldering iron as well 🤔

PizzaWizard,

dtrdrk

Anyone know how to find out which soldering irons are fitting?
The thread size for screwing it on and how long/thick the heating element can be?

I have a weller spare heating element plus supply unit, that heats to 200 degree in about 5 seconds. This could be the ultimate power saving desktop 🤷‍♂️ turn it on for a hit… turn it off again. I really like the idea better than having my herborizer turned on all night, wasting power for no reason.

dtrdrk,

Pukka

Anyone know how to find out which soldering irons are fitting?
The thread size for screwing it on and how long/thick the heating element can be?

I have a weller spare heating element plus supply unit, that heats to 200 degree in about 5 seconds. This could be the ultimate power saving desktop 🤷‍♂️ turn it on for a hit… turn it off again. I really like the idea better than having my herborizer turned on all night, wasting power for no reason.

It's a standard size for pencil size irons under ~150 watts. Bigger than that and the heater element gets too large to fit into the head. If you look up DD's suggested Handskit iron on Amazon the listing also shows a 200watt version. It doesn't work, I tried 🙃. The 90w version can be set to be either always on or hybernate after a fixed time with a reasonablely quick return to heated at a press on a button. Does this match what you're looking for?

Pukka,
Reactions: Adobewan
Top Bottom