The Eighteen Millimeter Killer by Good Vibes Boro

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I just had a thought as this my first all glass vape, what is safe to put the heater on while it cools down? What’s the best protocol for removing the stem if I wanted to hit back to back baskets?

For Dynavaps I have an old Magic Flight tin that I’ve put magnets on under the lid, so I can stand the Dynavap up on top of it to cool and it works like a charm. No such easy solution for glass, though.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I just had a thought as this my first all glass vape, what is safe to put the heater on while it cools down? What’s the best protocol for removing the stem if I wanted to hit back to back baskets?
You could use a lab clamp to grab the hot heater, they're cheap and available. Set it on a coaster, ceramic tile, wooden plate, etc. Refill screen, replace the heater, remove the clamp, blast away! A piece of leather would work fine as both a grip and a place to set it, as well. Probably something softer and inert to heat like cork, wood, or leather would be safest.

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
You could use a lab clamp to grab the hot heater, they're cheap and available. Set it on a coaster, ceramic tile, wooden plate, etc. Refill screen, replace the heater, remove the clamp, blast away! A piece of leather would work fine as both a grip and a place to set it, as well. Probably something softer and inert to heat like cork, wood, or leather would be safest.
I have a deerhide leather turntable platter mat I no longer use, that might be a good solution.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I received my 18mm Killer today! I ripped open the package (with care) and removed the quartz heater, clip, and two cooling stems, one short and one longer with a 14mm termination for water pieces. Inside the box was a slip with the instructions to heat for 20 seconds and let cool for another 20 before taking the first draw.

For the first hit in particular those instructions were spot on. I used a Big Buddy torch and from the first hit I was getting thick, plentiful clouds.

This felt like the vape version of hitting a blunt. I could take lots of short puffs or several long draws and would just get cloud after cloud after cloud. The ABV was thoroughly spent all the way down the basket. I was getting lots of voluminous clouds with ground baskets and whole nug baskets.

Good taste on the first hits, then the taste dwindled to mostly nothing as the bowl was spent, not even a popcorn flavor.

However the heat was also significant, even through the longer cooling stem into a Dryspring, and if I took long enough draws the glass stem would get hot to the touch. The only way I’d do long draws with this going forward is through water. For dry hits I’ll stick to smaller, more frequent puffs.

My deerhide mat worked perfectly for handling the hot oven, I will probably cut the mat into strips to make it easier to wrap around the heater. I did not need to do any reheats before the bowl was spent and I could get away with shorter heat times on successive bowls because of the heat retention.

The high from this is enormous, full body, reminds me of a Dynavap type sledgehammer. Very different from my Sticky Bricks and Timber Elite which give more of a heady, slow come on high.

I think this vape was named perfectly. It is a killer, one of the most heavyweight vapes I’ve ever used. Quite a unique experience for me.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I received my 18mm Killer today! I ripped open the package (with care) and removed the quartz heater, clip, and two cooling stems, one short and one longer with a 14mm termination for water pieces. Inside the box was a slip with the instructions to heat for 20 seconds and let cool for another 20 before taking the first draw.

For the first hit in particular those instructions were spot on. I used a Big Buddy torch and from the first hit I was getting thick, plentiful clouds.

This felt like the vape version of hitting a jay. I could take lots of short puffs or several long draws and would just get cloud after cloud after cloud. The ABV was thoroughly spent all the way down the basket. I was getting lots of voluminous clouds with ground baskets and whole nug baskets.

Good taste on the first hits, then the taste dwindled to mostly nothing as the bowl was spent, not even a popcorn flavor.

However the heat was also significant, even through the longer cooling stem into a Dryspring, and if I took long enough draws the glass would stem would get hot to the touch. The only way I’d do long draws with this going forward is through water. For dry hits I’ll stick to smaller, more frequent puffs.

My deerhide mat worked perfectly for handling the hot oven, I will probably cut the mat into strips to make it easier to wrap around the heater. I did not need to do any reheats before the bowl was spent and I could get away with shorter heat times on successive bowls because of the heat retention.

The high from this is enormous, full body, reminds me of a Dynavap type sledgehammer. Very different from my Sticky Bricks and Timber Elite which give more of a heady, slow come on high.

I think this vape was named perfectly. It is a killer, one of the most heavyweight vapes I’ve ever used. Quite a unique experience for me.
Awesome write up--glad to hear you're enjoying it! Mine may or may not be arriving today, thanks for providing the timings. I love these heavy glass vapes for all the reasons you've mentioned. I use them less frequently than I'd like (the noisy torch) so my technique could use work, but they are truly the working man's heavy!

coolbreeze

Fog ahead!
IMG-4659-Copy.jpg

coolbreeze

Followed the directions (20 seconds on, 20 seconds off, puff away), got excellent results. Duff's a little browner than the pic looks, nice and even. Monk's remarks are spot on.

I'm always inclined to use these through water as they can get a little warm, but the form factor here is perfect for direct hits so this one I may use in this config more, it's pretty sweet.
IMG-4673.jpg

World's tiniest ball vape:
IMG-4676.jpg

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Round two, same heat up routine. First bowl was ground in my BCG, medium plate. I used the short stem. This time my draw technique was short, strong, fast inhales. This produced better flavor and kept the stem cooler to the touch for much longer. I did do a second five second reheat after 4-5 puffs because I could tell the heat had died down but the bowl had more to give. Got 3-4 good hits off the reheat. The material was completely evenly vaped a very dark brown. I was already intensely high before I even got the cap off to clear this bowl.

Bowl two, switched to the long stem with no other glass at the end of it. Also switched to hand tearing the herb instead of grinding. Same heat up, same draw technique. This time I got 6 solid puffs off the first heat, and 3-4 more off the second. Flavor on the first hits were excellent. Vapor was harsher after the reheat. Material was as dark brown as I’ve seen ABV come before hitting combustion.

This is the most consistent, easy to use, and efficient butane vape I’ve ever tried. The heat up is familiar to anyone who has a Dynavap, just with a different size torch. Even making sure to stay higher up on the cap so as to not heat the section with the bowl was reminiscent of heating the Dynavap cap higher up for quicker clicks. Breath technique is dead simple. It balances beautifully in the hand. The extraction is total and completely even.

The only major consideration is it’s all glass except the bowl and the clip, handling can be a bit fiddly when you’re dealing with a hot cap and hot stem. I need to get some lab tongs like the ones @coolbreeze has in his photo.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Just received half of mine...the top part and clip were missing, just the stem. Sent an email brother :tup:
It's probably not this, but I had noticed when I was browsing that drop that there were stems that were less than the 18mm killer itself, that sort of looked like they included everything. I didn't buy one so I don't know if it was stem-only or what. But probably a good idea to update the photos and description if I have that right.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
So is it like the anvil website where they show a pic with a price and you only get half the pic? Can the maker please chime in? Looks like the pic with the cap has balls in it but not in description is this another separate purchase??

Last edited:
Custom Flower Hardware,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Custom Flower Hardware,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The boro balls are in the pic too, are they not included because they're not in the description? Maybe clean up your pics and descriptions? Little misleading.:2c:

The balls are inside the quartz fully sealed in, I presumed they were also made out of quartz, I think it is all one piece except for the metal clip to connect it to a stem with bowl?? The listings seemed clearer to me, there are still two killers left in stock...

I don't know reading the descriptions names it is clear to me what is what, but I do agree there could be some updates made...

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Yea listing with a pic of the whole unit next to the price? Not so clear to me. Whatever, I bought the glass top anyway so I can take it to the exchange with my price hike for the hassle.:D I wouldn't dare do that on my favorite site fc!:lmao:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yea listing with a pic of the whole unit next to the price? Not so clear to me. Whatever, I bought the glass top anyway so I can take it to the exchange with my price hike for the hassle.:D I wouldn't dare do that on my favorite site fc!:lmao:

Yeah confusion mistakes happen to us all, on both ends, probably a good idea to specify in the details that the vape is not included when buying stem etc like I think he used to do showing TM and Tetra in photos with their stems?? Anyway (agreed price hikes for the exchange and special hookup deals for the FC crew is gold standard :tup:)

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Yeah confusion mistakes happen to us all, on both ends, probably a good idea to specify in the details that the vape is not included when buying stem etc like I think he used to do showing TM and Tetra in photos with their stems?? Anyway (agreed price hikes for the exchange and special hookup deals for the FC crew is gold standard :tup:)
You have a nice way of calming me down. I had the idiot switch on high! My bad.:tup:

Custom Flower Hardware,
  • Love
Reactions: Shit Snacks
Top Bottom