the biggest bowl in a portable

McSheamus

Hello all!

I've been searching for a job for quite a while now. And it looks like monday it maybe over!

And the best thing to celebrate is purchasing a new vape :D

I am justifying it with the reason that i need a strong hitter, with a big bowl. This is to pass along with my combustion friends, with the goal that the reaction will be: whoaaaah!
My Solo just doesn't do this. For me it's good enough after a couple stems. But for myself i would like it also to pack more in the bowl and get a strong punch faster then the 20mins it takes with the Solo.

I'm looking at a capacity of 0.2-0.3. More is always ok, and if it's capable of doing small loads, would also be nice.

I've checked almost all vapes i think and my mind is 90% set on the Mighty. My other option i looked at was Ascent, wich i always have seemed to like, but it doesn't have the attraction power to make the deal.

So I need some opinions about the bowl of the Mighty. Price is no real biggie, but I would always appreciate if there are cheaper options out there ( wich i would have missed magically).

I heard Mighty has a capacity of 0.3? And Ascent 0.5?

No vapes that need stirring like the Ascent, real dealbreaker...

McSheamus,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
The Daisy by Trihouse. it is a strong vape with a large bowl, and packs a punch. I dont think it can be matched for price, quality, or performance IMHO. Each unit is hademade in the U.S.A. works equally well full or partially filled. It does require a stir now and again. Good luck finding that perfect vape.:tup:

McSheamus

The Daisy by Trihouse. it is a strong vape with a large bowl, and packs a punch. I dont think it can be matched for price, quality, or performance IMHO. Each unit is hademade in the U.S.A. works equally well full or partially filled. It does require a stir now and again. Good luck finding that perfect vape.:tup:

Looks quite nice mate! Love the wood and the manual labor for it. But my Vapman covers that role perfect.

I live in the EU so shipping + tax from USA is a no go...
Also it's to big for taking with.

On the other hand I love the design and how it looks. Gonna add it to my collection sooner or later ;)

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
The Penty is what you require.

Nothing has a bigger bowl or hits harder. (That I know of)

It helped me quit smoking, its almost indestructible and there's no chance of combustion.

Daisy is worth checking out though IMHO.

EDITED:

to make sure you know this is my opinion and not a fact. Jeez :rolleyes:

Last edited:
h3rbalist,

McSheamus

The Penty is what you require.

Nothing has a bigger bowl or hits harder.

It helped me quit smoking, its almost indestructible and there's no chance of combustion.

Daisy is worth checking out though.

I know the Plenty can hold plenty :D unfortunatly I need a portable. Still living with my dad and at home my Solo/Air or my Vapman is perfect.

The true use of this vape is chilling outside with friends, who combust as I am the only one that vapes, but i would still like them to enjoy with me.

Solo doesn't pack a strong enough punch to do this. At home i get high real fast. But outside I myself need more to get where i want. Here is where the Solo isn't strong enough/takes to long.

I think the Mighty will give me a strong punch, and does it faster than the Solo. I hope some Mighty owners will verify this for me!

McSheamus,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I have the Ascent. It has a HUGE oven - easily can fit 0.4g in there. It's the best tasting PV I own (at low temps, the flavor is almost too strong).

The only downside to the Ascent is it's heater. I have never found the Ascent to be satisfactory in a group situation with friends. The weak heater means you need to pull slow to prevent the heat from dropping too fast. Half of my combusting friends can grasp this concept - no matter how hard I try to explain - DRAW SLOW, they rip it like a freight train until it whistles. Then they think the vape sucks because they get no clouds.

I actually rarely use my Ascent because I don't like filling the oven full, and the current optimal spacer solution is a bunch of glass flowers. So I usually don't use it that much. Although last night I did pack it full with some nice G13, and really enjoyed a nice long session :smug:

I'm still personally looking for a nice desktop replacement vape to compliment my ENano. I've considered the Crafty, but just not that interested at that price point

max

Out to lunch
Nothing has a bigger bowl
You sure about that? May be true but I doubt you've done measurements on all the prospects.
Nothing .... hits harder.
Sorry, that's not a fact, and you shouldn't present it as one. The Plenty is also not a portable, and although the OP doesn't specify a portable, it's clear that's what he's looking for, even without the last post spelling it out.
You want a huge bowl but don't want to stir? That would require going to high vaping temps every time to get it all vaped, and putting up with more ABV taste than is necessary. You can't have it all. If you want 'this' you usually have to put with 'that'.
I think the Mighty will give me a strong punch
Yep, as long as you're OK with the big punch to your wallet. ;)

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Ooo, I missed this quote, thanks Max

What do you mean stirring? I have never once stirred my Ascent's oven, no matter what size load I use (.05 to 0.4g). My herb comes out evenly toasted every time.

Delta3DStudios,

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
Sorry, that's not a fact, and you shouldn't present it as one. The Plenty is also not a portable, and although the OP doesn't specify a portable, it's clear that's what he's looking for, even without the last post spelling it out.

My opinion does not equal a fact. Whos does??????

Plenty IS portable. I used one as such for a year a a half. Yes I carried it around like a hand drill, no case, no problem. OK so for the garden I needed an extension cord, but it was worth it as FOR ME no vape has hit harder or has a bigger bowl.

Jezz, did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Last edited:
h3rbalist,
Reactions: hafalump

McSheamus

You sure about that? May be true but I doubt you've done measurements on all the prospects.

You want a huge bowl but don't want to stir? That would require going to high vaping temps every time to get it all vaped, and putting up with more ABV taste than is necessary. You can't have it all. If you want 'this' you usually have to put with 'that'.Yep, as long as you're OK with the big punch to your wallet. ;)

Money isn't much of an issue. And I always vape at the highest temps possible. I don't mind for the taste of the last hit, that's how I know when to toss out.

I heard the Mighty can do big bowls without stirring.

What do you mean stirring? I have never once stirred my Ascent's oven, no matter what size load I use (.05 to 0.4g). My herb comes out evenly toasted every time.

What's your general opinion about the Ascent?

McSheamus,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
What's your general opinion about the Ascent?

Well, It was my first real vaporizer, and successfully convinced me to fuck combustion (two weeks with the Ascent, and I never looked back at my old combusting habits).

It's a Flavor king with a relatively weak heater. And there's a major issue with cool air entering vapor path (via the retractable mouthpiece) - the issue can be mitigated by replacing the retractable mouthpiece with a wood stem from @Ed's TnT or using the straight 14mm WPA as a mouthpiece (my favorite method).

Its not stealthy (by my standards), and gets HOT around the oven when running it for 20+ minutes straight.....

It's a nice vaporizer, but not nice for the $250 price I paid for it. I say it's worth closer to $175-$200 based on my experience with other vaporizers since then.

Also HIGHLY suggest purchasing an Ascent from an authorized vendor - you will want to ensure you have a warranty with this vape. There were issues with the power & oven wires running through the rotating hinge - my Ascent (like many other's) failed prematurely because the wires broke (somehow) inside that hinge - caused by opening and closing the oven too many times. It appears new models have resolved this issue (much less reports of dead Ascent's, but the occasional one usually related to an older model Ascent).

I won't sell my Ascent because it has great flavor at low temps, but I personally feel there are better options on the market at that price point

:2c:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Ascent has a large bowl like @Ratchett has said and I think they have gotten most of the bugs out. The unit came out Aug. 2013. A lot of early faulty units was a big issue. Good flavor and you can dial in the exact temp that you want.

The Indica has a large oven if you don't use the spacer provided. It's a good portable too. A nice looking vaporizer that works well. They have come out with the V2 Indica called the Noir so it's already been updated this year. There have been some faulty units but it's a good company that is working with its customers. Indica representative Mike checks in often on the Indica thread.

McSheamus

Thanks for all the quick replies! I'm pretty sure now the next one is gonna be a Mighty.
The fact that I live next to Germany made the deal :D

Scott A

I have the same experience with my ascent even when using large loads(oven packed full). It was one of the things that surprised me the most when I got the ascent.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Another vape with a huge chamber is the T-Vape you can put full joints in it.

My video doesn't show the long tube but the long tube heats hotter and holds even more herb. Imagine a full cigarette/joint sans filter.

The NimbinVap has two chambers capable of holding .5g as well.

The Mighty would definitely satisfy anyone at that price.

Plenty IS portable. I used one as such for a year a half. Yes I carried it around like a hand drill, no case, no problem. OK so for the garden I needed an extension cord, but it was worth it as FOR ME no vape has hit harder or has a bigger bowl.

In that aspect the Plenty is portable but we can't advertise the Plenty as a "Portable Vape" versus "Plug-In Vape"; as it does NEED to be plugged it.

But in that aspect my Underdog is a portable vape now too. I think OP was looking for something battery or butane operated for on the go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom