THC ethanol extraction not working. Any suggestions?

santino

Hi all,

Can someone help to understand why my vaping juice does not work? There is a lot being said on many threads so I am going to post my experience hoping that someone will pick up why the juice has not psychoactive effect.

1. Take 10g weed, grind finely
2. Decarboxilate @105 °C for 30 min
3. Let it cool
4. Add 30 mL 96% ethanol
5. Let it sit for 1 hr. Mix every about 10 min
6. Filter. Tea mesh and 0.2 um. Final colour green and clear
7. Evaporate ethanol, 80 °C for about 3 hrs
8. Before all ethanol is gone, add 1 mL 100% PG. Stir to reduce clump formation.
9. The final liquid is brownish and thick.
10. Add to vaporiser.
I start from 10 g and end up with 1 mL. I'd like to get some effect before further refining the process.

What am I doing wrong? What would you suggest? I tested the input material.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

badbee

Hi all,

Can someone help to understand why my vaping juice does not work? There is a lot being said on many threads so I am going to post my experience hoping that someone will pick up why the juice has not psychoactive effect.

1. Take 10g weed, grind finely
2. Decarboxilate @105 °C for 30 min
3. Let it cool
4. Add 30 mL 96% ethanol
5. Let it sit for 1 hr. Mix every about 10 min
6. Filter. Tea mesh and 0.2 um. Final colour green and clear
7. Evaporate ethanol, 80 °C for about 3 hrs
8. Before all ethanol is gone, add 1 mL 100% PG. Stir to reduce clump formation.
9. The final liquid is brownish and thick.
10. Add to vaporiser.
I start from 10 g and end up with 1 mL. I'd like to get some effect before further refining the process.

What am I doing wrong? What would you suggest? I tested the input material.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.
Do you literally mean 30 ml and not 300? That's two table spoons. I would expect you to be using about 10 times that much ISO, maybe more.

santino

I checked my notes and used 120 g (100 ml) ethanol. Not isopropyl. Is this not enough?
Do you see anything wrong with the procedure?

Thanks

santino,

sickmanfraud

I see several issues. First, I always used 240F/40 minutes. This was tested by PsychedelicSam on GC.

The second issue is you should use more ethanol and then evaporate it off. When I make my freezer tinctures I use way more ethanol and I run it through the material twice.

If you are concentrating it anyway you can use more ethanol. If you are making this vape juice often you should consider an alcohol reduction still.

If you put your decarbed cannabis and ethanol in the freezer before combining you will get more of the cannabinoids out of your cannabis.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I have done a lot of QWET but not for carts.

I'm curious why you decarboxilate if you are not eating it?

Also, if you are making an oil for carts, I would do a 30 second to one minute wash and then remove all all the plant material from the alcohol. The longer you soak, the more undesirable materials you extract like chlorophyll and fats which are fine when making an edible but not desirable when smoking.

Your recipe is like mine except I don't grind or decarb and I only wash for 30-60 seconds

Top Bottom