Terp Torch, Anvil, and/or Taroma Lite Mild Quandry

Choices

Hi Everyone,
So this is certainly something that belongs in the “champagne problems” portion of my life. I have an Anvil that I use a great deal and really enjoy. I also have a never assembled Terp Torch (with optional upgraded stand) that I never put together. I got a bit spooked by the whole idea of the hot balls possibly spilling out on me so it never made it out of the boxes. I’m currently very intrigued by the Taroma Lite model but am trying to be a bit more selective in my purchases now that I’m retired.
So my question to all is this:
Would you
1. sell the unused Terp Torch and get a Taroma Lite,
2. go with the Terp Torch and forego the Taroma Lite,
3. forget them both and just keep using my Anvil since there isn’t much to be gained with either of them compared to the Anvil.

The cost isn’t an issue really. I’ve got plenty of other vapes I can unload and in fact will be doing just that over the next few months. I just want to get the insights of others as to whether I’m looking at really similar experiences from an inhalation and taste standpoint. Thanks in advance. Hopefully I explained myself clearly…😁

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I have never used a terp torch (or a Taroma lite), but why would the balls be likely to spill out? Was this a common failure mode with these, it looks safe from the pictures (other than the obvious hot injector).

You may be happiest with just sticking with the Anvil. However my Anvil never really spoke to me so I tend to prefer my injector vapes to it.

Grass Yes,

PharaohJ

I have a TerpTorch that I purchased when they restocked back in early 2021. The balls will not fall out, there is a clip you use to secure the screen in place. It is a *bitch* to install and trust me it keep those fuckers in there, lol. I recently gave my TerpTorch to a buddy as my Flowerpot b1 has become my daily driver. He says it's still perfectly fine.

I will say I'd be more worried about potentially breaking the ceramic rod if you're being too careless putting the balls in though. You can check the Terp Torch page but my first Terp Torch ended up giving me an error message when I swapped from boro balls to DDave's Titanium ones. Turns out the ceramic rod inside somehow got cracked. Could have been me bumping it against a table or something as well though.

Personally , I'd assemble the TerpTorch and try it at least once. I did end up getting a different ball vape, but it's simple because I prefer the shovelhead bowl and the Flowerpot ecosystem. In terms of performance they are very similar. Never tried an Anvil.

Choices

I have a TerpTorch that I purchased when they restocked back in early 2021. The balls will not fall out, there is a clip you use to secure the screen in place. It is a *bitch* to install and trust me it keep those fuckers in there, lol. I recently gave my TerpTorch to a buddy as my Flowerpot b1 has become my daily driver. He says it's still perfectly fine.

I will say I'd be more worried about potentially breaking the ceramic rod if you're being too careless putting the balls in though. You can check the Terp Torch page but my first Terp Torch ended up giving me an error message when I swapped from boro balls to DDave's Titanium ones. Turns out the ceramic rod inside somehow got cracked. Could have been me bumping it against a table or something as well though.

Personally , I'd assemble the TerpTorch and try it at least once. I did end up getting a different ball vape, but it's simple because I prefer the shovelhead bowl and the Flowerpot ecosystem. In terms of performance they are very similar. Never tried an Anvil.
Happy New Year! I decided to do just that and the assembly was no big deal. I set things up with my new Mega Globe V2. I put it on preset two and after proper warm up it worked great! So I guess this dilemma is now solved!

PharaohJ

Happy new year, pal. I'm glad you got it set up and liked it! My buddy says he has been throughouly enjoying it. It was the vape that got me fully off combustion and will always have a special place in my heart. Sad that Brian retired it and the Hot Rod for the Freight Train, but I suppose that's how innovation work.

PharaohJ,
Reactions: Choices
Top Bottom