Temperature difference @ Heating element and actual hot air on herbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
So basically the context is regarding my DBV. I read on some forum the temperature drop could be anywhere from 50F to 100F. Wanted to know if that is accurate.

What is a approximate temperature drop one can expect between the temperature on the actual ceramic heating element itself and the hot air which actually passes through the herb?

Suppose i set my buddha at 375F, what temperature is the hot air that passes through the herb at when i suck?

audiodelic,

max

Out to lunch
The temp difference between element and bowl will vary not only from one model to another, but the draw speed can have a significant effect as well. You can measure the element temp with a thermometer. Measuring the air temp as it enters the wand is a different story. It's a closed system by design and getting a thermometer in the air stream would probably take a custom setup, just for testing. You can get a general idea of temp drop by reading the temp of a stove burner, at the burner, and then checking it a measured distance above the burner. This doesn't take air flow into consideration though, which would give you more of a drop.

Suppose i set my buddha at 375F, what temperature is the hot air that passes through the herb at when i suck?
First, since the vape is analog, the only way to get a specific temp like 375 would be to measure the element temp. Since your draw lowers the temp, you'd want an actual element temp higher than 375. 375 at the element would make the bowl temp too low, especially for hard hitters.

Even with a lot of digital vapes, it's anywhere from likely to certain that the display temp isn't really the temp of the air when it hits the herb. Even though vapes have been around for quite a few years now, the industry is in its infancy when it comes to accurate info of the kind you're looking for. Now a vape like the Volcano is a different story. They can engineer accuracy because there's a steady stream of air coming through. It doesn't vary with the user like a direct draw vape does. Even with the Aromed, another highly engineered vape with digital readout, temp varies because of draw speed.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom