• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Temp controlled battery for CCell carts

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It's funny, I just bought a battery and some adapters to run cartridges for some similar reasons as others (stealth, speed, etc.). I just don't always have time to dab or load and vape flower. Glad I found this thread!

Rusty, is this part of your state or province medical program? I don't have access to anything like this, but medicine by mail seems pretty great.

So, I just kind of did this myself, lol. I've been wanting a DTV4 as a backup anyways, and figured I could run carts on it as well. I mean, the Pico or whatever ineedhemp sells is able to run most anything it seems. Was thinking of getting one of the dry herb mods as well... any of them perform well?

I will have to think about getting a dedicated battery for carts, and the uni pro seems like the go-to. I just like the idea of one battery to rule them all :)
You can definitely run carts off a Pico, biggest drawback is it will be a lot bulkier of a setup. The ecig mods are a lot heavier than the cartridge batteries. Uni Pro is a recessed design so it’s a more discrete and pocket friendly.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: DRCousCous

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
It's funny, I just bought a battery and some adapters to run cartridges for some similar reasons as others (stealth, speed, etc.). I just don't always have time to dab or load and vape flower. Glad I found this thread!

Rusty, is this part of your state or province medical program? I don't have access to anything like this, but medicine by mail seems pretty great.

So, I just kind of did this myself, lol. I've been wanting a DTV4 as a backup anyways, and figured I could run carts on it as well. I mean, the Pico or whatever ineedhemp sells is able to run most anything it seems. Was thinking of getting one of the dry herb mods as well... any of them perform well?

I will have to think about getting a dedicated battery for carts, and the uni pro seems like the go-to. I just like the idea of one battery to rule them all :)

A dude, imports dispensary stuff from legal state. A distillate cart of that “Sesh” brand was $60. I don’t get to choose, which is a bummer, but I guess I try things I might not have. All the US STATES will eventually be Cannabis legal, unfortunately it’s taking way to long, but now that they are cash strapped, the push is on to get that TAX money. The irony is legal weed, but mail banning a lot of the devices that can vape it... DUH

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: DRCousCous

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb
A dude, imports dispensary stuff from legal state. A distillate cart of that “Sesh” brand was $60. I don’t get to choose, which is a bummer, but I guess I try things I might not have. All the US STATES will eventually be Cannabis legal, unfortunately it’s taking way to long, but now that they are cash strapped, the push is on to get that TAX money. The irony is legal weed, but mail banning a lot of the devices that can vape it... DUH
Yeah, I hear you and I'm with you. I live two miles from the border of a legal state, so I can't grow legally but can get to the dispensary (or have a friend pick me something up). I just wish I could grow... it is just so much more cost effective for me, and I have nothing else to do but garden and entertain my kid lol.

So yeah, one day I hope to grow my own medicine and trade for concentrates. Until then, I guess you and I are in a similar boat.

DRCousCous,

biohacker

@ChooChooCharlie What's good my 510 cart buddy!? And others that are still around these parts!

What are you all using these days to enjoy your tasty oils!? I'm rocking my Uni Pro, Uni Twist, have a Uni S on the way, and thinking about pulling the trigger on the PCKT line of devices and SPRK carts.

RustyOldNail

As I own both, I made some notes, as the PCKT-2 uses Wattage, and the YOCAN UNI PRO uses Wattage.
You can see where the presets, overlap.

PCKT Two & YOCAN Uni Pro - Voltages versus Wattage

***CART: 1.5 ohms.

PKCT TWO (5 Presets - Watts):
*WATTS=VOLTS

2.43=1.9
2.73=2.02
3.09=2.15
3.54=2.3
3.84=2.4

YOCAN UNI PRO (2.0-4.2 volts):
*VOLTS=WATTS

2.0=2.66
2.4=3.84
3.0=6.0
3.5=8.16
4.2=11.76

RustyOldNail

Nice find! I'm trying to track down CERALL CL6 carts! I found them on alibaba, but 7000 min. order lol

Yeah, those are the types of orders these guys do. One of the “main” dude there runs his own site, some interesting carts, some available in small amounts. I may try some all glass carts.

biohacker

I forgot why I didn’t like the VRTCL.

So you had the VRTCL? Is it not essentially identical to the PCKT 2 minus the form factor? Both same 5 temp settings?

Perhaps usage/ergonomics and button placement on the VRTCL were not as good as the 2?

biohacker,

RustyOldNail

So you had the VRTCL? Is it not essentially identical to the PCKT 2 minus the form factor? Both same 5 temp settings?

Perhaps usage/ergonomics and button placement on the VRTCL were not as good as the 2?

No, never bought that model, went for the 2.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: biohacker

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yeah, those are the types of orders these guys do. One of the “main” dude there runs his own site, some interesting carts, some available in small amounts. I may try some all glass carts.

Thanks for posting, I was trying to find these recently but couldn't find the page since they rebranded. It used to be called Cart Farm.

ChooChooCharlie

@ChooChooCharlie What's good my 510 cart buddy!? And others that are still around these parts!

What are you all using these days to enjoy your tasty oils!? I'm rocking my Uni Pro, Uni Twist, have a Uni S on the way, and thinking about pulling the trigger on the PCKT line of devices and SPRK carts.
Just returned from yocan wit walkabout. Lightweight convenience, can go low v with 2x click preheat for 10 sec. Have tried a few draw sense batteries, but they are larger, heavier. Relying on half gram carts lately, good fit, usually raw garden
yocan-wit-seaport-village.jpg

biohacker

Do you guys ever q-tip inside your batteries on the bottom and gold pin?

I was noticing less than stellar performance out of my live resin cart, it's standard operating procedure for me to do a 1.8v preheat and milk my rig and get an awesome low temp dab. However lately i've noticed that it's been super wispy, and in order for me to get the hit that I wanted, I need to go over 2v.

I q-tipped the bottom floor and got a bunch of black dust on the qtip. Cleaned it right up and everything is working fire again! I did this to all 4 of my batteries (2 uni pros/2 uni twists) and they all needed cleaning. The Uni Twists seemed dirtier than the Uni Pros, possibly due to the different magnetic adapter.

Won't have to swab often, but it's definitely part of a maintenance routine i'll now be using regularly! I assume the oxidation dust or whatever it is affects the cart resistance and thus voltage required to be applied.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Do you guys ever q-tip inside your batteries on the bottom and gold pin?

I was noticing less than stellar performance out of my live resin cart, it's standard operating procedure for me to do a 1.8v preheat and milk my rig and get an awesome low temp dab. However lately i've noticed that it's been super wispy, and in order for me to get the hit that I wanted, I need to go over 2v.

I q-tipped the bottom floor and got a bunch of black dust on the qtip. Cleaned it right up and everything is working fire again! I did this to all 4 of my batteries (2 uni pros/2 uni twists) and they all needed cleaning. The Uni Twists seemed dirtier than the Uni Pros, possibly due to the different magnetic adapter.

Won't have to swab often, but it's definitely part of a maintenance routine i'll now be using regularly! I assume the oxidation dust or whatever it is affects the cart resistance and thus voltage required to be applied.

Probably makes sense with how much use you give them? I never use cartridges at home (outside testing) let alone through water lol only clean there if any had leaked.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

Probably makes sense with how much use you give them? I never use cartridges at home (outside testing) let alone through water lol only clean there if any had leaked.

Never have had any cart leaks, so i'm not sure what this metallic dust is, but it reminds me of the aluminum dust I had from the supreme herb vaporizer. I'm assuming it's due to friction between the magnetic adapter and the bottom floor which is likely aluminum?

Here is one that would be much better if it had lower voltage options!

RustyOldNail

857E877F-0F9F-4A7F-84A6-B3C18B961A84.jpeg

DEVICE - GRAMS (Left to Right)

SHIV = 170, UNI PRO = 51, TWIST = 70, PCKT-2 = 60

Just had my first leak. On a new SPRK all ceramic cart. I remove them from my devices when I’m done with them, usually at night. I store them in the little aluminum tube cases they sell on the SPRK site, they are cheap, but well made, threaded with rubber bumpers on bottom of tube, and on top screw on cap. I keep them upright, and the tubes seal air out. Anyways, I took out the cart, and felt oil on the magnet adapter, took it off and cleaned it up. Didn’t leak into device.

That could ruin a device, not a big deal to me to pull them out when finished, but the new SHIV device is a screw on cart only, and the female end is slightly recessed so you can hold both ends, meaning you have to be careful how tight you screw it on, while rotating the GLASS cart.

I listed the weight first, as I could not find that listed, even on the website of the company that made them. If I knew it was that heavy, I may have passed, as it’s an EXPENSIVE novelty. If you are the type that equates HEAVY = QUALITY, then this is a BOAT, heavier then many of my large ECig mods.

SHIV, now the good, as long as the SPRING & internal mechanisms last.... it’s fun if you like switchblade style knives.
And, if you like full control of voltage with lock, battery level, ohms, basically all the info on a SCREEN, like the UNI Pro. The SHIV 2.0v, does not go to 1.8 volts like the UNI Pro, and does not have a preheat function. The up/down buttons round robin, and do it the best way, hold to scroll fast, it stops at both limits, one more quick press, and you are back to the opposite limit. So, it’s a cool TOY, but does not solve what I was looking for, only because of the WEIGHT! It does totally protect the cart, since it retracts into the body, but too heavy for my pockets, I’ll use this on the couch, or good for a travel bag.

You may have noticed in the photo, the NEW “TWIST”. This one is nice and small, 1.8 volts low end, the weight is on the edge of my pants pocket comfort, but ok. The PKCT-2 is the smallest and lightest for pocket carry (it’s super thin), but on all of these, other then the SHIV, part of the cart sticks out, even .5 carts. Not a big deal to most, but I think that it’s smart to just carry these $20 batteries that have great features. Then if a cart leaks or breaks in a pocket, you’ll be more upset with the loss of the more EXPENSIVE OIL!

I can live with the lack of cart ohm resistance reading on the TWIST, as there is no display. I can read a mystery cart on other bats. But I find it’s ODD, that according to the manual, you’ll see a RED LED when the battery is empty. Now I just got it today, but if that’s true, then I’ll really miss some kind of battery level meter. Like a different color for LOW, or some step led flashes? Or does it just suddenly give you a last toke..... goodbye warning? If true, a nice V2 update feature.

Until the next new, shiny toy, I’m good on cart batteries....

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Or does it just suddenly give you a last toke..... goodbye warning? If true, a nice V2 update feature.
Yes they only tell you it's dead, when it's dead. Yet another reason I prefer the UNI Pro! I use the Groote when I want something more compact. Good info on the weight, wow, that is shockingly hefty. I guess that would come in handy if you had to actually use it in a physical altercation lol.

RustyOldNail

@RustyOldNail SWITCH? You mean Yocan Uni TWIST?

Just making sure you are paying attention !

Yes they only tell you it's dead, when it's dead. Yet another reason I prefer the UNI Pro! I use the Groote when I want something more compact. Good info on the weight, wow, that is shockingly hefty. I guess that would come in handy if you had to actually use it in a physical altercation lol.

Well, that’s just lazy, not to make the already BLINKING led, do one more task.

Here’s the fun news, the TWIST, comes with a tiny magnetic adapter, especially when compared to the TALL one you get with the UNI PRO, I know that’s a much older design, and maybe that explains why that adapter has a SOLID bottom connection, NO AIRFLOW, and the tiny one that comes with the TWIST, is almost hollow, like a donut. This helps explain some airflow differences I seen when switching devices and adapters. No blockage of bottom air on the Twist, which is good. The TWIST ADAPTER works on the UNI PRO, not sure if their could be any electrical connection issues, as these models are years apart, though looking in from the top, the connection base appears the same. Wouldn’t want a “short”, but I do like the improved airflow...

While im not new to atomizers, I am new to these tiny distillate carts, so maybe someone that’s used them when they first became available, I’m curious if early carts only had side air holes on the 510 thread? Did bottom airflow carts come on the market later?

biohacker

I did notice a difference in airflow between the two mag adapters as well. I like them both in different ways, just like the pro and twist. As for the lack of battery indicator, it's the same battery as the Uni Pro, so it lasts for the life of the cart at least, so if you don't mind charging once a week or night or whatever, it's really not a big deal at what, 650mah? Maybe for 400mah or less, but the pro and twist have wicked battery life that it's not something that you really need to worry about like say a S&B Crafty lol

RustyOldNail

I did notice a difference in airflow between the two mag adapters as well. I like them both in different ways, just like the pro and twist. As for the lack of battery indicator, it's the same battery as the Uni Pro, so it lasts for the life of the cart at least, so if you don't mind charging once a week or night or whatever, it's really not a big deal at what, 650mah? Maybe for 400mah or less, but the pro and twist have wicked battery life that it's not something that you really need to worry about like say a S&B Crafty lol

Yeah, first thing I noticed with all these, long battery life. Then remembered, long ago, mouth to lung ECig vaping on 1.5-2.5 ohm coils, and how long the batteries lasted, geez forgot basic electronics.

But I’ll still call them out on the TWIST not having at least a 3 level battery indicator, the LED is already there, blinking more then it needs to, to say I’M ON! Next model....

Top Bottom