• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Temp controlled battery for CCell carts

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Still up in the air about a stateside trip this summer, but in anticipation of good karma (accrued by my lovely wife) I’ve stated that my first destination is Pueblo on the way to a cabin/lodge thing with friends. I’m sure to get some flowers & concentrates for the VRod but now I am also interested in Oil carts & batteries, mainly down to the postings on the topic by several members that have burrowed into my brain and intrigued me. One of those fuckers was definitely @invertedisdead - he’s always been good at spending my money around here! :D And it’s always been money well spent!

So I’ll know soon if the trip’s a go and if the Vape Gods indeed smile upon me, I plan to grab a Mist beforehand so it’s one less thing to have to buy there. Or do you dudes think that’s dumb? Another model or acquisition plan that I should consider? I know I’m literally pooping in my newb diapers here but I have read all 7 pages of the thread, so be kind... :lol: I don’t want to get a cheap battery that dies in a week & now kinda paranoid about eBay sellers and cool with the $20-30 buying from the maker. Thanks for the heads up @ChooChooCharlie ! Now to try and research the extraction companies, I’d like to try a few different varieties/types but if there’s a solid brand that’s known for amazing, please share that shit!

:love:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
but now I am also interested in Oil carts & batteries, mainly down to the postings on the topic by several members that have burrowed into my brain and intrigued me. One of those fuckers was definitely @invertedisdead - he’s always been good at spending my money around here! :D And it’s always been money well spent!

:rofl::rofl: :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Is that Pueblo, Colorado or Pueblo, New Mexico? :uhoh: :D
I'm assuming CO..... but perhaps there are some cozy cabins out there in NM with good tortilla availability!

I have one of these YoCan Handy's being sent to evaluate, I'll definitely be posting my thoughts in this thread. It will be nice to contribute since @ChooChooCharlie has been putting in all of legwork in this thread! :cheers:

- https://www.yocantech.com/featured_item/handy

Looks pretty solid to me so far! Shaped like the Ccell Palm, but three voltage settings, and a power button instead of the inhale activation of the Palm. I reached out to YoCan and they told me the settings on the Handy are 2.7v, 3.5v, and 4.0v. Doubt I'll ever use the highest one, but the first two voltages combined with the power button should do the trick. Micro usb charging, recessed cart, a fuel window, super compact design - it seems to check the boxes. If it works reliably it sounds like a good one.

ChooChooCharlie

@pxl_jockey - the shops sell Palm for around $30. I'm in habit of taking a couple micro draws, to determine clog/no clog, especially after cart is half done. Clear clog with short firm draw usually. Pet theory is that long draws in search of clouds over-heat oil to a lower viscosity and it creeps up chimney, later cooling there, clogging. Shorter draws are more discrete and ease the harshness on fixed voltage batteries like Palm, as you can feel the vapor temp rising during draw

Best carts seem to be state-specific, like here in CA, there's Select, Kurvana, and several CO2 sauce cart brands. I enjoy OutCo non-winterized carts, they look cloudy funky, like a black and tan pour. Sure you can find good local CO brands asking around

I'd get an Era battery and pod for comparison as well. Certainly different lip feel. Era never clogs or leaks IME, can set your temp, very light, can be seen by others as merely a Juul. But, pods are expensive, and I prefer cart mouthpiece feel over blunt wide Era

@invertedisdead - ordered that Yocan Handy today, thanks for the suggestion. Slow boat shipping, though

HighMtnSkier

Waiting for winter
I only seem to get clogged with 1g carts. The .5g Kingpen carts (from CA) I get rarely clog and I do take some longer draws. Typically I’ll start a session at a higher voltage then turn it down once warmed up.

My Vapmod V-mod and Kind Pen Pure are still working great and I use them every day. I prefer the auto-draw and lower voltage of the Pure.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
My YoCan Handy will be here today or Monday, looking forward to testing it out! Maybe find a nice sauce stick to give it a proper break in :D

I was having a lot of problems with Ccells clogging (Raw Garden in particular) but strangely I haven't had any problems with the last few. Might sound obvious but I've adjusted my draw rate even slower - I'm usually really good about not overpowering a vaporizer but the air inlets are so small on these Ccells, lately I inhale at a speed where I just barely hear the air coming in. I think I was using such low temperatures that I was getting clogs, I've switched to a slightly higher power output with a shorter inhale time.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
nQKOyKW.jpg

YoCan kindly sent me a pair of these to review, got them yesterday and these are my first impressions.

First of all, with half gram carts loaded they're combustion-fucking small! two fit in my hand easily - and I'm definitely not Shaq!

The fire button is a little clinky, something rubberized may have been a little nicer but very minor; everything functions fine and I haven't gotten any sticking or anything to detract from the performance.

The power settings are 2.7v (white) 3.5v (blue) and 4.0v (green)

For my usage style (terps) the 4.0v setting is probably higher than I would need, maybe an extra one between white and blue would have been cool, I'll probably stay on white for most of my favorite carts. Flavor on this Raw Garden and Cresco is noticeably better on white, especially the Cresco which is liquid live resin and a bit thicker than Raw Garden distillate, and doesn't vaporize as quickly; so it works better with lower temps.

Haven't tried the preheat setting, I'm in SoCal so I probably won't be using this feature.

Included micro USB cord is short, but I'm sure we all have a longer one laying around. I like to use the flat one that Pax includes with the Era.

Classic button layout: 5 clicks on/off, 3 clicks to change power, 2 clicks for preheat.

Has a viewing window to see how much gas is left in the tank, kinda cool, although the magnetic attachment allows the cart to be removed easily enough to check anyways.

I gotta knock it for only coming with one magnetic adapter - plenty of stoners probably lose this, and plenty buy more than one cart - I'm sure this works to YoCan's advantage, and I get it, but it would have been nice to see a spare. According to a post on Reddit, the Uni magnetic adapters do not fit the Handy.

Battery is 500 mAh, haven't charged it, ripping right out of the box so I'll have to update on that later.

It weighs ~29 grams, empty.

I see this as YoCans take on the Ccell Palm, but with more control over the vapor. Still haven't charged it yet, brought it on the dog walk this morning, that liquid live resin can slap!

Overall digging these thus far, they've quickly become my daily driver for Ccell cartridges!

ani007

I need some help, just got new version of vision spinner 2 and been using a yocan uni for long time, but the airflow can be very tight or constricted at times on both with RG carts. Except old style ascnd cart kinda work with anything, and vision spinner does pretty well with new style ascnd carts.

Anyways, I love the draw on the Ccell m3 (ironically the one I got free), and think it’s cause it has that hole where cart connects, instead of being flat like The uni magnet or Spinner.

Are there any cheap stick style batteries, button or autodraw that are similar with a hole where it connects, with variable voltage? I’ve never used anything below 3.3v, what are you guys hitting raw garden at? Since it works best on the ccell m3 just been using short draws on that.

ani007

Like this is the ccell m3 hole thing https://imgur.com/a/dGIHFJZ

I’m looking at kind pen variable voltage 19.99 or exxus slim vv. A lot of ppl report vaping at lower voltages like 2.8 or 2.4 with raw garden carts. I’ve never had the chance to try that low voltage out.

I just popped open fire og by raw garden, terps are kinda off. I didn’t prime it worried the select (M3) battery might have burnt the coil. Does the air flow from the bottom of the cart or just the two side holes?

I did learn to sip the cart that is to take the vapor in my mouth before drawing into my lungs to try to reduce the pull on my draw. I try to screw it on the least I can on the battery, and try to line up the intake holes as close as possible. I did charge it on my old iPhone charger 1A and the usb charger says .5A so battery might have been a little over juiced as well.

It’s gonna be hot again tomm and I’m so paranoid on every little thing to make sure cart doesn’t clog. I bought new version of vision spinner and foolishly a clone eBay one of old model just for charger that didn’t work (ordered ego one on amazon). Feel like it was a waste in a way, draw is good with ascnd carts on spinners, but I have bunch of raw garden carts and it can be fussy with spinner. I also regret using uni for 5 months without trying anything else even a decent stick battery since I don’t take carts outside and feel draw can be better than palm styles I’ve had like Airis tick and yocan uni

rvarick

I picked up a new Vapmod V-Mod and was hoping to understand what the lights and colors on the device correspond to. The manual was unclear on some of these. I get how the lights tell you what voltage your at, but wasn’t sure about a few others. Like for battery charge, does the device flash the battery level using a color when you turn it on (mine seems always green)? What does the short yellow flash when a cart is inserted mean? And does the device flash something to show when the battery is done charging vs. still charging (like pulse a color vs. stay solid), or show a color during charging to show progress? Thanks in advance.

ChooChooCharlie

@rvarick - I asked your question today to both vapmodtech and transpring. If I get a reply, I'll post it. (Mine died, probably counterfeit junk though from ebay)

But I don't think the charge level is indicated during use, only color coded info while charging:

Transpring-VMod.jpg

Wish they would employ their auto/manual style tech into the palm-vapmod form factor. It's available on their pen batteries, giving you convenience of breath activated auto draw, while offering button voltage control and the clog easing preheat

rvarick

@rvarick - I asked your question today to both vapmodtech and transpring. If I get a reply, I'll post it. (Mine died, probably counterfeit junk though from ebay)

But I don't think the charge level is indicated during use, only color coded info while charging:

Transpring-VMod.jpg

Wish they would employ their auto/manual style tech into the palm-vapmod form factor. It's available on their pen batteries, giving you convenience of breath activated auto draw, while offering button voltage control and the clog easing preheat
Thanks for this!

The new one was throwing me off since it behaves a bit differently from my original one. Both were from ebay, but thankfully the new one checks out via the vapmodtech site as legit. I’m guessing now the first one may be either counterfeit or just an earlier iteration as it’s missing air holes on the bottom and has some different lighting behavior.

ChooChooCharlie

@rvarick - Got a nice reply from Rita at Transpring about the V-Mod battery status indication:

Low battery indication: when pressing button to vape, the LED light will flash red 5 times, instead of your usual chosen voltage color, so it's time to charge

No battery power left: the LED light will flash red 8 times, so it's time to curse, then charge

rvarick

@rvarick - Got a nice reply from Rita at Transpring about the V-Mod battery status indication:

Low battery indication: when pressing button to vape, the LED light will flash red 5 times, instead of your usual chosen voltage color, so it's time to charge

No battery power left: the LED light will flash red 8 times, so it's time to curse, then charge
Thanks again for the above and beyond response!

HighMtnSkier

Waiting for winter
I only seem to get clogged with 1g carts. The .5g Kingpen carts (from CA) I get rarely clog and I do take some longer draws. Typically I’ll start a session at a higher voltage then turn it down once warmed up.

My Vapmod V-mod and Kind Pen Pure are still working great and I use them every day. I prefer the auto-draw and lower voltage of the Pure.
My Kind Pure died. The center pin isn’t making contact with the cart.

They want $12.95 to replace it under the “lifetime warranty”. I asked them if I could just drive down to their offices (less than an hour from me) and pick it up to avoid the replacement fee and they said no, they had to recoup their costs on warranty claims.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ah didn't notice this thread before, but I've got a bunch of little batteries and many cart brands here in LA (California Dab Company are great, I also enjoy Plume and the Liquid Moxie among many others). I have some basic pens, but also have a V-Mod knock off from eBay that works fine, if a bit wonky connecting some carts. I've got the YoCan Handy, and also now the Groote and Wit which are MUCH nicer btw. Plus the Kodo for a nice tiny little plastic pen box with usb. I think they are sending me one more to test as well... I think its digital and adjusts opening and bottom for different cart sizes.

My buddy got a great custom one in a shop back east though, similar to Honeystick beekeeper body, but no viewing window with led inside the silo. 3 settings with preheat and little side button. Oh and the V-Mod has by far biggest battery, but yocans charge quite quick...

I love the preheat feature, bc it is like cruising a 10-15sec low temp hit at ~1.5v on most batteries. I don't much like autodraw hits without buttons however, never really use my Pax Era anymore, still have a pretty full pod even!

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
Using the VAPMOD V-MOD 2 - Cartridge Vaporizer https://gypsyvapes.com/vapmod-vmod-v2-vaporizer

i use 510 carts of course. i have only use one gram edition carts. not too sure if i can do more than 1 gram if the system will allow it.

anyways, this battery temp control vape is great. i use the lowest temp because the vape is already hot enough. it works fine. don't go above the green temp. take quick hits. this is not a hitting contest or who smokes the bigger cloud.

Shit Snacks

Using the VAPMOD V-MOD 2 - Cartridge Vaporizer https://gypsyvapes.com/vapmod-vmod-v2-vaporizer

i use 510 carts of course. i have only use one gram edition carts. not too sure if i can do more than 1 gram if the system will allow it.

anyways, this battery temp control vape is great. i use the lowest temp because the vape is already hot enough. it works fine. don't go above the green temp. take quick hits. this is not a hitting contest or who smokes the bigger cloud.

Nice! I had V1 (may have been a knockoff, bought on eBay with Komodo branding) that just died. Had it charging and it got super hot heating the cartridge leaking oil too, so presuming it is dead lol

So I may have to grab one of these V2s here! It is a very nice battery, but I have been enjoying the Yocan Wit a lot. It is much more secure, no wobbly carts, much smaller too and very very nice. The V-Mod has the largest battery of most any battery I have seen though

Here is my Wit with a Plume cartridge (.75g), nearly an ideal set up in fact:

IMG-20191015-134418932.jpg

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
Nice! I had V1 (may have been a knockoff, bought on eBay with Komodo branding) that just died. Had it charging and it got super hot heating the cartridge leaking oil too, so presuming it is dead lol

So I may have to grab one of these V2s here! It is a very nice battery, but I have been enjoying the Yocan Wit a lot. It is much more secure, no wobbly carts, much smaller too and very very nice. The V-Mod has the largest battery of most any battery I have seen though

Here is my Wit with a Plume cartridge (.75g), nearly an ideal set up in fact:

IMG-20191015-134418932.jpg
these things are not bad but one gram carts going down pretty quick. i guess i will use it more once carts prices goes down.. otherwise, i shall stick to my SAI TAF style with rosin contamination.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Just got back from my walk around the park, great day. Got a great deal walking in to Jardins dispensary (714 steps away from balcony, lol) They had AMA & Winberry farms handing out discounts & free stuff. Got a 90% thc 100% cannabis extract terps cart ccell & 10 mg gummies + https://www.google.com/search?q=Win...JwQ9QEwFXoECAUQDA#imgrc=mx8DqkkEDbXdBM:&vet=1 Swichblade battery cool . $38 Wowser lol Got back in line & did the whole thing again 1 sativa 1 indica . Press button cart swings out like old time spinng loaded SB. Feel like a JD at 15 again hiding from the law.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, there are a gazillion ccell batteries out there for use with 510 oil/wax carts, and now that my state has gone legal I think I need to have one for when a cart makes the most sense (like super stealth uses). I thought about asking in the Concentrate thread but I think that would just muddy it up, so now we have this thread.
What are the most favored batteries for 510 carts? Vessel, Silo and PCKT Plus One all seem to get a lot of love. Are they the leaders among users, or just marketers?

CybrGuy,

Shit Snacks

So, there are a gazillion ccell batteries out there for use with 510 oil/wax carts, and now that my state has gone legal I think I need to have one for when a cart makes the most sense (like super stealth uses). I thought about asking in the Concentrate thread but I think that would just muddy it up, so now we have this thread.
What are the most favored batteries for 510 carts? Vessel, Silo and PCKT Plus One all seem to get a lot of love. Are they the leaders among users, or just marketers?

Yocan makes a ton of options, the Wit is very nice, and the Groote is good for 1g carts too... (Maybe the title of this thread should be "510cart Batteries"? when I clicked the title I thought it was just going to be about c-cell branded stuff)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: cybrguy

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Sorry for my ignorance, I didn't realize that was a brand. Ill get a mod to change it...

Thank you, whoever did that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom