Tastier vapes get you higher?

~vapeslut.xo~

I could have included a poll but I want to spark a discussion! :science:LMAO.

weelll I have seen many many people say, the hardest hitting vaporizers are the Supreme, the Elev8r, the Flowerpot, and those in that "tier" !!
I have also seen many many people say that those vapes provide the BEST flavor out of anything they own!!💪

Sooo...📜i am wondering if there is a correlation between taste and potency?
I wrote about this before...but wouldn't the Terpenes perhaps get you higher?
or at least have a boosting effect, with the power of the vaporizers...

:D:D:D

Shadooz

that those vapes provide the BEST flavor
The most powerfull ! Nuances

So for old smokers with burnt "taste buds" (? Papilles gustatives), they deliver the most impactfull for them.

But where they are good at it's to deliver the most complete terpens panel(?Range) on short time.

And Those are the only corelations...

I compare my herborizer to a barista machine, which can give the stronger ristretto

west-elec

Yeah agree with @Shadooz with the heavies it is more about rapid stripping of large amounts of terps and cannabinoids all together that gives that combination of strong terps and heavy hit that many enjoy. Strong rush combined with satisfying cloud and terp tongue overload. Ahhh!
Others argue that temp stepping from a lower temp starting point gets more of the full terp profile expressed, because each unique terpene can convert to a vapour as it's boiling point is reached, without being destroyed by being exposed to higher temps immediately.
Both are true and heavy hitters probably do trade some of the more delicate flavours in exchange for more intensity of hit.

As for what effect this has on the high- i understood terps were not psychoactive, or maybe only slightly alter affects of the more major cannabinoids.The bigger thing is probably more how the different cannabinoids are released and also how they are decarbed and converted into other cannabinoids, some more psychoactive some much less. Each vape would get the heat into the load in a different way over a different time, so each vape would convert and release the cannabinoids in a unique profile. Hence the different vape signatures of different styles of vape.
This explains why strong convection vapes are anecdotally associated with head high strong effects, quicker come on but faster to fade. While conduction vapes with deeper sleepier stoned out hit, with slower come on and longer affects.
Might also explains why different people love such different types of vapes. Some old school smokers associate couch lock with being really high, give them a pax or vapcap. Others look for more manic energy and an up beat rush, Flowerpot or elev8r for you.
That's the way my bro science class taught it but my info might be a bit out of date. Fun topic to play around with and see how they affect you personally, because only you can answer which gets YOU higher.

howie105

The relationship between hardest hitting vaporizers and taste is not a straight line IMO. You have to consider the usual other factors like grind, packing, type of vape (conduction/convection), capacity, ect as well as power. For example, when I started using a ELEV8R (coiled) I bounced up and down a broad temperature range and got OK taste. Once I got the range scaled down some I started working on grind and draw (work in progress) the overall taste improved. In the end, I think taste is a package deal.

Last edited:

Shadooz

Others argue that temp stepping from a lower temp starting point gets more of the full terp profile expressed,
That's why i mostly 2 hits with one temp-step.
If u burn all the low temp terps too many times, the last hits will be awfull.. or at lower highest temp, but also the deepness of extraction...

Then, straight to high temp for 1 hit, the flavor become really sour and so fade the other thinner flavors.
Also effects which can be unpleasant (thc rush) for the first bowl of the day.
I only go one hit with old buds or after few bowls during a day

Therefore 2 temp step hits are always tasty but not always just sour 🥃

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If there was a correlation between taste and potency I don't think near as many folks would vape til it turns to black charcoal.

I'm not a big proponent of terpene mythology these days. A few years ago I was more convinced in magic terps.

I'm not a big fan of temp stepping as I find it creates bland vapor across the whole spectrum by fractionating out the flavor. I prefer one nicely balanced rich blast of flavor and cannabinoids with perhaps a cleanup hit or two.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I dont know about potency,but it is way more pleasurable and healthy to not overboil shit .This makes the experience purer therefore better.
Terpenes potentiate the experience,i think this is a proven fact. So more terps more potentiation .
Vapor is like a massage for the soul. If it too hard it is neither healthy nor pleasurable. Everyone should walk the fine like between harm and pleasure for themselve ,rare one size/ratio fits all souls and bodies. For me those overboiled hot hits bring more harm than pleasure ,but then you have the Sado-mazo crowd.
If i have to think potency golden middle it would be the one shot type of experience when you drink all the vapor at once .The Target is a certain to have a lot of non overboiled terps and a lot of stuff to get potentiated at the same time.

@invertedisdead Do you think that high temp vaping is more common with herb vapers than with dabbers ? Maybe they know shit better,since i have seen many making jokes of guys that do high temp torch hits,while here people are showing how effective their vape is by charring their herb,complete extraction , rofl...

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@invertedisdead Do you think that high temp vaping is more common with herb vapers than with dabbers ? Maybe they know shit better,since i have seen many making jokes of guys that do high temp torch hits,while here people are showing how effective their vape is by charring their herb,complete extraction , rofl...

Good question!

It's funny because it almost seems like the roles reversed? I remember when titanium nails came out and everyone dabbed on glowing red Ti @ 1000F. And dry herb vaping was all about light and soft "blue vapor."

Now you have dabbers basically competing over who can take the lowest temp dab possible, and dry herb users talking about "desktop killers" while vaping briquettes.

What's interesting is a lot of low temp dabbbers still smoke weed, so the dabs aren't "competing" with smoking the same way dry herb vapor often is.

Funny thing is if more people dabbed they would see they aren't getting a complete extraction with flower as there are clearly compounds that have a higher boiling point than the combustion temperature of the plant material. Which helps explain why smoking is different. It's vaporizing without the temperature limits imposed by vaporizing, lol. Complete extraction is definitely a myth, and a misnomer. Plus people wouldn't need multiple vaporizers if there was a device truly capable of "complete extraction."

Chromatography would help show how "complete" these extractions truly are compared to the input material. Any vape company could do this, and it would make for great marketing, but I suspect the results for many devices may not look great lol.

And I do find it strange that dabbers are often treated like aliens here on fuck combustion when dabbing is all about purer vapor? Kinda weird! 🤔

Alexis

If and when I’ve finally tried the VHW all glass path, I will have a better guage.

Verdamper hits hardest of my own vaping history, but prob maybe 3.5 out of 5 on flavour.

The Evo is rated for flavour. The Glass Elev8r tastes much better than the evo, side by side, and the Elev8r got me a lot higher too.

But verdamper still hits way higher than the tastier Elev8r.

the Supreme V3 and above are a bit unique for consistent full and even extraction throughout unground nugs. Leaving little behind, hence the flavour punch.

Herborizer Ti does taste smoother, if not better, than the Flowerpot Showerhead, and in truth does hit a little further.

So it’s not so clear cut.

Vapbong though, you all report, smooth, tasty, very powerful.

Grobalot

I find, for myself, that when i hit my Tubo at higher temps with a fresh battery and flavourful flower (Purple dawg, cotton candy kush and star dawg are what i have in at the moment in terms of terpy flowers) it usually feels like that initial 210*c hit is much stronger and overwhelming than something a bit milder in flavour, like afghan kush, hash plant and the more herby and hash tasting plants that still have roughly the same levels of THC, it takes me more bowls to get where i need to be. dropping the temp to 200 or lower ruins the higher temp hits flavour wise but doesn't detract from the potency of finishing the bowl at 220/225*c.
i think its all down to individual tolerances and temps, what flower you are using and how well its cured or how fresh it is. So many different factors go into it that its hard, without specific equipment i'd imagine, to nail down a definitive answer on the terpene aiding high thing.

~vapeslut.xo~

Yeah agree with @Shadooz with the heavies it is more about rapid stripping of large amounts of terps and cannabinoids all together that gives that combination of strong terps and heavy hit that many enjoy. Strong rush combined with satisfying cloud and terp tongue overload. Ahhh!
Others argue that temp stepping from a lower temp starting point gets more of the full terp profile expressed, because each unique terpene can convert to a vapour as it's boiling point is reached, without being destroyed by being exposed to higher temps immediately.
Both are true and heavy hitters probably do trade some of the more delicate flavours in exchange for more intensity of hit.

As for what effect this has on the high- i understood terps were not psychoactive, or maybe only slightly alter affects of the more major cannabinoids.The bigger thing is probably more how the different cannabinoids are released and also how they are decarbed and converted into other cannabinoids, some more psychoactive some much less. Each vape would get the heat into the load in a different way over a different time, so each vape would convert and release the cannabinoids in a unique profile. Hence the different vape signatures of different styles of vape.
This explains why strong convection vapes are anecdotally associated with head high strong effects, quicker come on but faster to fade. While conduction vapes with deeper sleepier stoned out hit, with slower come on and longer affects.
Might also explains why different people love such different types of vapes. Some old school smokers associate couch lock with being really high, give them a pax or vapcap. Others look for more manic energy and an up beat rush, Flowerpot or elev8r for you.
That's the way my bro science class taught it but my info might be a bit out of date. Fun topic to play around with and see how they affect you personally, because only you can answer which gets YOU higher.
Wow!! Very interesting stuff I did not consider.
I miss the slow high of my Mighty...but I hate the Mighty. LOL.
When i get a portable vape..perhaps the FW7 would give me that high back, but better??
The relationship between hardest hitting vaporizers and taste is not a straight line IMO. You have to consider the usual other factors like grind, packing, type of vape (conduction/convection), capacity, ect as well as power. For example, when I started using a ELEV8R (coiled) I bounced up and down a broad temperature range and got OK taste. Once I got the range scaled down some I started working on grind and draw (work in progress) the overall taste improved. In the end, I think taste is a package deal.
All true!
If there was a correlation between taste and potency I don't think near as many folks would vape til it turns to black charcoal.

I'm not a big proponent of terpene mythology these days. A few years ago I was more convinced in magic terps.

I'm not a big fan of temp stepping as I find it creates bland vapor across the whole spectrum by fractionating out the flavor. I prefer one nicely balanced rich blast of flavor and cannabinoids with perhaps a cleanup hit or two.
Well, devil's advocate!! LMAO. Interesting to see someone in a different phase though, having already gone thru the 'terpene phase'...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Probably a good choice because the FW7 is conduction heavy but is certainly not slow.

Yeah I was going to say, it won't exactly be the same, slower than say TM or bricks or HI, but it's going to be much faster and better than Mighty, but on demand so more control, it will get you very very stoned lol

Shadooz

For me those overboiled hot hits bring more harm than pleasure ,but then you have the Sado-mazo crowd.

People seeking heroin effect from cannabis...
Will just get fucked by acidosis.
Let natural selection be
To those without subtility

Top Bottom