Taste: Concentrate vs Vape

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
I've never tried dabs before but it looks really cool.

I just started vaping 4 weeks ago and never knew weed could taste so good!

Do dabs taste just as good or better?

keepsake,

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
Would dabs be considered vaporization still?

It's not being burnt. It's being melted, which releases vapor or smoke?

keepsake,

treeman

I find that in general, my dabs vape. My BHO always vaporizes, if the nail is waaaay too hot the tail end of it might combust but I don't even taste the difference, I only know its burnt because I see it catch alight at the end.
However recently my friend gave me some bubbles hash he made (I live in a country with prohibition so we only get what we make) and that has a bit more plant matter and is somewhat more prone to combustion. However, with a bit of practice its very vapeable, I find, on the nail.
Which gets to the point, comparing my BHO to incredibly high grade buds I find the bud vapor tastier (the BHO has got plenty of flava, but some buds are just ridiculous). However, when I first dabbed the bubble hash I remember distinctly thinking, "This is quite possibly the tastiest hit I've ever had in my life". I really could not remember a tastier toke (maybe not coincidence).
Recently he gave me more, from his 25 micron bag, which he claims to be the best but it really doesn't taste as good.
So I think it depends on your product.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Depends on the terpenes and flavinoids present in your starting material, and how well they're preserved through the process. Overheated oil has a generic oil taste. All the oil-heads know what I mean. Well-done stuff keeps a lot of the volatile terpenes that would degrade with faster purges, and the taste is insane. The best stuff I dabbed... man... the taste is unreal. I've had bud that tastes so good I wanted to take a bite out of a nug :brow:

I don't know, I can appreciate the taste of both flower and concentrate. With concentrate, the taste might change and be sharper in some aspects as opposed to vaping some flower and getting differing ranges of terpenes vaporized and inhaled. Both have their place :)

farscaper

Had a afghan kush skunk that was amazing, the buds smelled of sweet sativa up close, but made the room smell of cat pee. The concentrate kept that skunks asshole smell and flavor while buds vaped tasted of sweetgrass and citrus. Regardless of how it was consumed it had a very high high. Rushing and confused... But far more trippy with heavy dabs... I choose both!

farscaper,
Top Bottom