taking magic flight on a plane?

meowingnarwhal

i was just wondering whether anyone has flown with a magic flight vape in their luggage, and if so, how did that go? im worried about damage to the batteries

meowingnarwhal,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
The batteries would be the least of my concerns if I were in your situation.

The MFLB is wood. No matter how well you clean it, how good you think you got it, there are always going to be resins and particles stuck in the pores. If you have ever used it before it is not safe to bring it with you on a plane. While you might be able to make it through, if they flag you down in customs and go through your bag - your breaking international laws with severe consequences.

I'd by a cheap, flame powered vaporizer like the VaporGenie coil and bring it unused with me to my destination. I'd find some pot wherever I was going and then throw the vape out before packing back up to go home. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it just seems to me like it is too big a risk for too little a reward.

meowingnarwhal

i am actually going off to college, and there isn't any way for me to mail it at this point cuz it's too late... i only used it twice before, and did clean it with iso alcohol the way they say to... i just dont wanna drop the money for a new vape when i get to school since this one is new but it looks like that might be the option. my friend recently got her dirty pipe AND an eighth of weed through airport security in her carry on...

or what if i vaped something else in it to cover the residue smell

Last edited by a moderator:
meowingnarwhal,

decaptain

i wouldn't because the smell is totally detectable once found. and it can also be seen in the ex-ray as something "wierd"

decaptain,

Aejaxe

It depends. If you don't mind me asking, where are you traveling from? Destination?

I've traveled a number of times with green and my MFLB/Pax. My rule is to always keep it domestic. International flights are going to have people looking for things such as that (Other country's border control and what not.) But if you're staying in country... I dunno, I've never had an issue. Saran wrap the shit out of your bud, and gooch it when you're going through security. As for your device, if you can check a bag, that'd be the easiest. As long as it's really dug in deep and safe in your luggage, nobody is gonna take the time enough to find it. If you HAVE to go through the line, I always hide mine with other electronics. Numerous experiences, no stops yet.

I see the concern that other users have had. It would be very unlikely you would see the inside of a jail cell, if that's at all comforting =)

Aejaxe,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I mean it is just a pencil sharpener right?!! :nod::tup::shrug:

if your flying domestic, you could probably be okay, but international.. don't risk that man...
but the safest way would just be to ship it to a friend/your new location

Elluzion,

clouded vision

why is it to late to mail it? Worst case you are without it for a day or 2 where as trying to bring it with you, the worst case is federal prison (highly unlikely but crossing state lines would be a federal offense so technically it is possible).
Mailing it will be your best option but if you insist on bringing it with you, bury it in checked luggage as previously stated, in a carry-on, it could be picked up on the x-ray and on your person it could set off the metal detector.

clouded vision,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Aejaxe

An x-ray examiner isn't going to see anything scary about a MFLB. They want wires and volumes of liquids.

Aejaxe,

clouded vision

An x-ray examiner isn't going to see anything scary about a MFLB. They want wires and volumes of liquids.
and illegal items being smuggled such as drug paraphernalia. If you want to risk it that is up to you but you really shouldn't be advising someone else to take such a big risk. All it takes is one TSA agent to either recognize what it is on the x-ray or even wonder what it is or even a random search and you are screwed

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
And what is the sub-millimeter body scanner, thats the scanner that can see beads of sweat on your skin, operator going to say when he/she sees "something" hidden in your "gooch"?

Or how about when you are standing in line for said scanner and DEA comes down the line with Fido?

Aejaxe, you make good points about flying domestic vs flying international, however, the OP could potentially be harmed by following your advice. How would you feel about that?

Aejaxe

This is a website dedicated to the vaporization of a product that could land us all in prison or seriously fined, even those in medical/recreational legal states. So if we want to talk about potential harm...

As my comfortability of offering advice to something OP was already considering; I was merely offering my past experiences and knowledge. I hold no gun to his/her head.

The point of a forum, no?

Aejaxe,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Saran wrap the shit out of your bud, and gooch it when you're going through security.
As long as it's really dug in deep and safe in your luggage, nobody is gonna take the time enough to find it.
It would be very unlikely you would see the inside of a jail cell, if that's at all comforting =)
Its statements like these that take your "opinion" and make it "advice". I also pointed out a couple quick things you overlooked, how many others do you think there are? You didn't answer my question about how you would feel if the OP got busted. They may not see a jail cell, but a detention/interrogation room and holding cell are quite likely should something unexpected happen.

Last edited:

clouded vision

exactly, we all know that it is illegal despite the MMJ laws that do exist so why would anyone want to bring it with them to a place that they know they are going to be search with more scrutiny than any other place except maybe the jail you could end up in. That brings up another point, you advised the OP he is unlikely to see jail without knowing where he is located. There are still a number of conservative states with draconian laws regarding MJ in which you can you will be sentenced to actual jail time for possession of even miniscule amounts

Aejaxe

"As my comfortability of offering advice to something OP was already considering; I was merely offering my past experiences and knowledge. I hold no gun to his/her head."

I don't know how to make that more clear... I apologize for your lack of satisfaction with my response. What can I do better?

You seem to hold the consequences of this action more likely to occur than I do. So I'd assume you have a large amount of previous experience/knowledge to back that up. I would love to hear this, as it's contrary to what I've been through. And I'd rather not miss an opportunity to view a perspective opposite of mine.

I've been through LAX, JFK, Sea-Tac, and a number of smaller airports with no issue. Domestic airport security simply don't seem to be looking for small time drug users. They want threats. Due to that, the ability to fly under the radar as a small-time user seems fairly safe. You still need to be discreet, and not cause unwanted attention. But there are simply bigger fish to catch.

Also, I'm not encouraging everyone go out and do this. I'm replying to a post asking about doing so. I'm attempting to give aid. It just so happens my aid isn't as conservative as the majority of other posters here. Perhaps that inclines my aid to be less valuable, as I'm sure you all have experiences to support your statements.

"It depends. If you don't mind me asking, where are you traveling from? Destination?"

First line of my first post. From there, I'm only speaking on what I know from my experience. As I continue to express.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aejaxe,

clouded vision

"It depends. If you don't mind me asking, where are you traveling from? Destination?"

First line of my first post. From there, I'm only speaking on what I know from my experience. As I continue to express.
and in that same post you advised that he most likely wouldn't see jail without waiting for a response. Asking important questions is only half way there, the other half is listening to the response.

You seem to hold the consequences of this action more likely to occur than I do. So I'd assume you have a large amount of previous experience/knowledge to back that up. I would love to hear this, as it's contrary to what I've been through. And I'd rather not miss an opportunity to view a perspective opposite of mine.
I never said it was likely to occur and I don't have any experience trying to sneak something through an airport security check point. My only point was the consequences of getting caught outweigh the benefit of having it with you, especially when it can be mailed. For me personally, even if the odds are I will make it through safely 999 out of 1000, that one time is the one that worries me and I think the OP should know the risks associated with what he wanted to do instead of having people minimize the risk just because they happen to have been lucky up until now. If he then chooses to take on that risk being fully informed then that is his choice to make.

Last edited:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The point we are trying to make is that there are young people here, inexperienced people, trying to make decisions that could have serious consequences. Its not a problem to state your opinion but you really need to think about exactly what you are saying, and what kind of "advice" your are giving, in a situation like this, thats all . . . :peace:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
One thing that can save you all the problems is to Buy a inexpensive Brand New Vape to take with you and then leave behind .
New and unused won't get you into trouble . Cheaper then fines or Bail or having to go to court in a state you don't live in .

Why would anyone take the chance unless your a bit of a thrill seaker or thrive on taking risks . Its seen as a crime that may well hinder aspects your future life .

Aejaxe

Actually I said:

"I see the concern that other users have had. It would be very unlikely you would see the inside of a jail cell, if that's at all comforting =)"

Which is true. You would royally have to fuck up, or do something completely different from OP's description to indefinitely go to jail.

And if the 1/1000 of a chance would stop you to do something, how are you a cannabis user? Having the substance alone has a risk. And if being fully informed is key in making his/her decision, shouldn't OP be communicating with someone who's done it before... Such as, me?

I don't mind your guys conservativeness, but your ideas seem... conflicting. I'm happy to stop posting if it's such a disruption to the community.

Aejaxe,
Top Bottom