• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tafée Bowle

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How do you like the Xmax V3, especially as is concerns flavor? I too am awaiting my puck replacement and will be using the Mighty but looking for an on-demand as a backup. I could pull the trigger on a TM but wondering how much I will use it compared to the TB, plus there's the expense of the TM.

V3pro taste is better than I expected, very solid option especially as a backup, TM is my favorite though with a hook, but we're not really supposed to talk about other vapes, in one vapes thread, better to start a new thread in Ask FC about Bowle backup companion vapes... and welcome btw! :wave:

Jonesin'

So listen, If you get a Tafee Bowle, check the oven screen regularly to be sure it isn't out of place. I'm seeing this may end up being a recurring problem with the design and it's what happened with mine. For some reason I never got much, if any visible vapor when using this thing even after my lungs got stronger after quitting combusting so I think I had a bad puck from the beginning. For all of your sakes, don't touch the screen if it should shift, and it probably will....send it back under warranty immediately.
As for me? I'm DONE with Tafee Bowle and feeling a bit ripped off at the moment. To those whose screens have shifted, good luck and I hope they honor your warranty.

buzzy funny

V3pro taste is better than I expected, very solid option especially as a backup, TM is my favorite though with a hook, but we're not really supposed to talk about other vapes, in one vapes thread, better to start a new thread in Ask FC about Bowle backup companion vapes... and welcome btw! :wave:
Oops, another noob mistake! Thanks for the response and the hospitality!

rowbam

The Bowle absolutely slaps with long draws, immediate, thick vapor. First hit today choked me up!

My only reservation about it is the battery is pretty weak and needs charging between 2 sessions or so. Sad seeing all the QC experiences going on (and dealing with one myself) because when this vape works, it really works.

Jonesin'

Those who have knocked their top screen out of place - how did you do it? I’ve had never had a reason to touch mine and I’m wondering how much force it takes to dislodge?
Didn’t do a thing. Never dropped it and it always sat on the table next to me. I only noticed bc the puck started to malfunction. Green lights would go blue half way through a hit.
I did put it in its box and then the box on its side in a padded case when I moved the month before but I carried it and it wasn’t knocked around or dropped. Handled with care always. Total mystery how it got outside the gasket.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Those who have knocked their top screen out of place - how did you do it? I’ve had never had a reason to touch mine and I’m wondering how much force it takes to dislodge?
I don't recall ever touching the screen on mine, just happened to notice it wasn't right the other day. Now I'm not so sure there was any degradation of hits or not...

I've sent it back and I absorbed the $26 postage, heck there's a chance I'm unwittingly responsible for the problem. When Taffee receives it they will assess whether there is any further damage to heater or sensor. I think if those things are okay they will replace screen and return to me; if not, there may be some more back discussion, I think.

With 3 of us talking about it just in the past couple of days, it seems to me that this screen thing is a delicate issue - whether or not it is user incurred. I bet that screen arrangement could probably be done better, in such a way that this can't happen easily.

Last edited:

buzzy funny

Got a replacement puck from Tafee (the CS was superb: immediate response, new puck shipped, they threw in an extra charger and o-ring/screen/brush pack). My first hit was still not great but the second hit was right on the money. I just think I need to start sessions on 3. I like the flavor on 1 and 2 until the end when I temp step it up.

3xFantasyChamp

Got a replacement puck from Tafee (the CS was superb: immediate response, new puck shipped, they threw in an extra charger and o-ring/screen/brush pack). My first hit was still not great but the second hit was right on the money. I just think I need to start sessions on 3. I like the flavor on 1 and 2 until the end when I temp step it up.
Awesome to hear! Yeah, from the interaction I've had with their CS, I can say it was great.

If it makes you feel any better, even on level 3- the first hit isn't always the best. The second hit is usually always the nice one. Level 3 for me is where I get tasty hits. 4 is where I'm usually at on the TB, nice roasty hits.

Shit Snacks

Yeah it is hard for me to resist starting on the lowest setting, wish it had even lower available, but if you temp step there will be less enjoyable vapor at the upper levels afterward... if you start on the higher settings then the flavor still shines through and you get even more flavors potentially because of the higher terpenes activated with the lower ones all together at once:tup:

condition

When I want to finish vaping fast I start at temp 3, usually I start at 2, for 2-3 draws more in total than when I start at temp 3. And cooler vapor but more battery consumption because of higher number of draws.

buzzy funny

For you folks that are starting on temp 2 or 3, what's the first draw like? It's pretty whispy at 3 and nothing at 2. It's only on the second hit that I really get something. I have to admit this is annoying to me - I want that first hit to be a terp tornado.

buzzy funny,
Reactions: Shrike

Shit Snacks

For you folks that are starting on temp 2 or 3, what's the first draw like? It's pretty whispy at 3 and nothing at 2. It's only on the second hit that I really get something. I have to admit this is annoying to me - I want that first hit to be a terp tornado.

Are you inhaling for the full length of the auto shut off? The way to get vapor on a first hit is to take a long slow draw, speeding up toward the end once it gets going... Bowle needs a steady faster draw I think, so just need to take even longer of a hit, though it could also depend how you pack, a more fine grind, 3/4 full bowl, will get you more?

staircase slight of hand

I get wispy but visible vapor on the first hit on level one, and a full strength second hit. Shit Snacks is correct about the need for a long, slow first hit (although honestly it doesn’t have to be slow, the slowness just helps to enable a looooong hit for those of us without massive lungs), since the first few seconds are mostly just getting weed up to vaping-temp.

buzzy funny

Thanks, guys! I take a pretty long first hit, but maybe was going to fast. I'll need to experiment with some different draw techniques. I also haven't really tried much with the auto shutoff - just holding down the button until I'm done or close to it with the draw.

Shit Snacks

Thanks, guys! I take a pretty long first hit, but maybe was going to fast. I'll need to experiment with some different draw techniques. I also haven't really tried much with the auto shutoff - just holding down the button until I'm done or close to it with the draw.

Yeah if you hold the button down long enough, it will turn off on you, that's what I meant by auto shut off. Auto fire is when you press the button and let it heat up without you holding down the button, for that I press the temp and fire button at the same time to turn it off, since I often can't take a full hit myself! Otherwise at mercy of the sensor lol

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Hi guys,

Just got my Tafee Bowle delivery from POTV.
I ordered both the small and the large glass.
I noticed the following crack on the small glass (the large glass is fine).
I was wondering if this is normal?
I had a "scratch" in the same area on my cup when I received it. It was a straight line scratch on one side of the circle in the middle of the cup. Kind of like in your picture but it was just a "surface scratch" on one side of the cup. If your scratch is deep enough to be part of the top and bottom, or in the middle of the plastic that doesn't extend to the surface....even if it doesn't leak....I'd get with support and maybe include a pic of the bottom of both your cups to level set the expectation. I used my cup like it was my job for my nightly cranberry and vodka for a long time and it developed some surface scratches but never leaked.

His_Highness,
Reactions: macbill

Atoum

Hi everyone!

Very happy new Bowle user here, and wanted to echo the positive reviews. I'm a heavy joint smoker (more than 10 per day) trying to quit combustion. As you can imagine with my heavy consumption, I'm a "casual smoker", meaning I usually smoke while doing something else (working on my computer, playing on my computer, playing bass, etc...) rather than a ritual smoker. Else I wouldn't be doing anything with my days and life :p

I initially started my vaping journey with a Volcano, you know, marketing etc. While it's a really cool unit to vape with friends, its balloon system makes it everything but casual vaping ready. So it wasn't enough to help me quit combustion.

Been ripping my Bowle the whole day now. Needless to say I love it, and the careless way it's used:
- This is real "casual vaping" to me: I spend 5 minutes getting the 4 bowls loaded in the morning, and it takes me through the workday. All I have to do then is load the bowl, click the stem in and inhale. How easier and more casual can it get? It's more straightforward than pouring myself a cup of tea! I pre-load 4 other bowls for the evening after work and voilà!
- Same with the 4 settings and lack of fiddling options: I understand it's a turn-off for more experienced users, but to me who just wants to quit combustion in the most casual possible manner, it's a Godsend!
- The way I use it, it's very weed efficient. I start from level 1 or 2 and go all the way up taking 2/3 puffs at each level, from one bowl. Pretty good I'd say!! I haven't tried taking huge rips starting from setup 3 yet but I'm sure it'll use more weed then.
- It doesn't make me cough at all, contrary to the difficult experience I have with my Volcano balloons. I can finally experience the pleasure of vaping without constantly struggling not to cough and ruin it all!
- It hits me in the head like it should.
- I actually like the casual looks with the glass. I don't use it at home, but can very well see myself using it in a bar when sitting on the terrace. Not something I'd dare doing with a TM!

My downsides:
- Like everyone, I wish the battery life were bigger, but wouldn't want to compromise on portability (larger puck) for this. To me the ideal world would therefore be same battery size but replaceable and externally chargeable.
- I wish it came with a protective cover for the heat chamber when the stem is not on. For the scenario I would like to take it out with me without the glass, in my jacket pocket in example. It's much more portable without the stem than with it on, but it would be too risky to carry it without the stem and without a protective cover/hatch/door as the heat chamber could get damaged. A simple plastic cover cut at the dimensions to click in the same way the stem does would do the trick... but Tafée didn't think about this I guess!

All in one it seems that Tafée created the Apple of vaporizers: divisive and yet futuristic design, made with straightforward dumb user experience in mind, on a closed ecosystem, at an expensive price, and with a shitty battery like all iPhones. Hated by all Windows and Android users, who can do the same for much cheaper, but fiddling more with their devices constantly.

recursive

Hi guys,

Just got my Tafee Bowle delivery from POTV.
I ordered both the small and the large glass.
I noticed the following crack on the small glass (the large glass is fine).
I was wondering if this is normal?

I didn’t have it on mine at least, I’d definitely try and contact them for a replacement. Especially because those pieces aren’t cheap!

recursive,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
YES! ^^
After so many years of hating Apple and resisting them, I went for an iPhone and wow

IT JUST WORKS. Same for my vapes. I love my 510 Imp and strange vapes but I need to jank them to work properly. Janking them with friends, out in the park, jank here, jank there.

Then I got the MiniVAP and Bowle - no more janking - put in bowl, hit button, top quality vapor. No fuss, no mess. I love the simplicity and how it works. That's why S&B also got so big - no matter what grind, herb, draw technique, etc - it just works.

No more futzmonkey for me!

condition

Liked the message although I disagree with the iPhone, don't want to go into tech talk but there are now even Chinese smartphones looking and feeling sleekier than iPhone. I also have/use daily the MV Glass core and TB and TM. Vaporizing 3 iPhones daily :D

Top Bottom